CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here)

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
i, for one, will be happy for my promotion to the top league...

Good luck - I know I never got my promotion for last year and missed out last year. Looking forward to another year in the Grinder league - hopefully we can get everything set up in time. Should be a wild year.

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
I don't know if I qualify for a promotion from last year. I just want to play because I kicked ass for a while in my rookie season and want to dodge a sophomore slump. :laugh:

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
Grinder League is Ready

I have renewed the Grinder League for this season. Invitations should have been sent out and players can return to the Grinder. If you were in the Grinder last year, check your email and get signed up, or post that you are not going to return so we can open the league up to new players. Draft is CURRENTLY set for Sunday January 13 at 9:30 PM. THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS WE FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ACTUAL START DATE OF NHL GAMES.

Good Luck to all!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i dunno, but my yahoo account shows a trophy for winning the grinder league last year...

i got the email for the grinder league, i'm in if I don't get my callup

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
I set emails to be sent to everyone from last year. Tebow's Friars finished in 1st, my team the Golden Warriors finished second and Indy Dave was third. I am going to remain in the Grinder again this year. I know that we have had some difficulty in previous years with who moves up, who moves down, who is playing, who is not.

With such a short time to get everyone signed up and so many unknowns in other areas, I expect a smaller than normal turnout this year. If it were me, I would sign up in the Grinder and await my call up. If it doesn't happen, you are set and the league is too. Always a scramble trying to round out the number of teams.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
HFBoards CBJ Prospect League

League Champion: Kettering Gems

2nd: Four-Seven-Eleven

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
I have renewed the Grinder League for this season. Invitations should have been sent out and players can return to the Grinder. If you were in the Grinder last year, check your email and get signed up, or post that you are not going to return so we can open the league up to new players. Draft is CURRENTLY set for Sunday January 13 at 9:30 PM. THIS IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE AS WE FIND OUT MORE ABOUT ACTUAL START DATE OF NHL GAMES.

Good Luck to all!

Thanks for the invite and getting things rolling so early. Grinder league ran very well last year and off to a good start this year. :)

Need to find time this week to do some level of prep - this is going to be a heckuva strange fantasy season.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
can't remember who ran the prospect league, but my 4th place finish would mean i get to stay there...who ran it? UD?

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
can't remember who ran the prospect league, but my 4th place finish would mean i get to stay there...who ran it? UD?

3 Goals = Chili ran the league. Even though I could be promoted, I am okay with being in any league.

3 goals = chili

Jan 14, 2006
Charlotte, NC
I don't the time or anything like that to run the league anymore as commissioner ( i think i was the grinder league?)

I can renew it but it asks me to pick a draft time and i didnt want to commit to a time/date that people couldn't do.

GrahamCracker215

Jun 27, 2011
I'm pretty new to this site. I don't usually post to much but I get on here to read the topics a lot. I'd be interested in joining a league if there are any spots open and if not this year maybe keep me in mind for next year. Thanks!

Matthew

OK Boomer
Dec 21, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Macster has always been the GM of the main or "premier" league. As his connection with this forum seems to be less and less each year I am not sure if he will be doing it again this year?

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
I don't the time or anything like that to run the league anymore as commissioner ( i think i was the grinder league?)

I can renew it but it asks me to pick a draft time and i didnt want to commit to a time/date that people couldn't do.

As long as you renew the league, the draft can be changed at a later date by who ever in the league takes over as commish. I set the Grinder for Sunday, but seems kind of silly to pick on first day of camps, so we will probably bump it back a bit.

The key thing is to get the league renewed so that invites can be sent to those who played last year, and want to play again this year.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Macster has always been the GM of the main or "premier" league. As his connection with this forum seems to be less and less each year I am not sure if he will be doing it again this year?

Good question. Also 3 goals posted in the other fantasy hockey thread he's not going to be able to commish.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad