CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here)

FlaggerX

Mar 21, 2008
Columbus
Whoever wins the job and shows they're ready to start in the NFL. If we get to play at all. And if not, does Mason's contract expire?

Roadman

Moving On
Sep 9, 2009
London OH
Whoever wins the job and shows they're ready to start in the NFL. If we get to play at all. And if not, does Mason's contract expire?

I would think that would be a point of negotiation in the CBA. Most discussions to this point seem to point to a year coming off contracts. If that is indeed the case then yes Mason's contract would be expired.

kamosko

Ginger Jesus
Jun 18, 2010
Girouxsalem
Most of us around here hope it's Bobrovsky who takes the mantle when the season finally kicks off. You are very optimistic to think that there will be 82 games played.

Post these in the sticky fantasy thread, please.

Oh sorry about that, didn't know.

But yeah I meant like just generally going into the future, not just this season if one is even played at all

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I believe the way things stand now if there is a whole year lockout, one year is burned off all contracts. Guess that could change but who knows.

Don't take mason.

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
The withdrawl isn't too bad right now with the combination of college football, the NFL, and Jeff Gordon SOMEHOW making the Chase to keep NASCAR interesting. I'm also playing the "2012-13" season on NHL 12 with my own signings/trades, so it's like getting to be GM for a surrogate season. (Prospal and Bryan McCabe retired after winning the Cup, Aucoin also retired, so I decided to go my own way, keeping Nash, re-upping Juice, signing Marty Turco on the cheap as a backup to a good-in-the-game Mason, signing an on-the-cheap Teemu Selanne to replace Vinny, and picking up Lidstrom to bolster the blue line.)

I will be significantly angrier if, for some twist of fate or other reason, Vinny Prospal doesn't play another real life game in a CBJ uniform.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
The withdrawl isn't too bad right now with the combination of college football, the NFL, and Jeff Gordon SOMEHOW making the Chase to keep NASCAR interesting. I'm also playing the "2012-13" season on NHL 12 with my own signings/trades, so it's like getting to be GM for a surrogate season. (Prospal and Bryan McCabe retired after winning the Cup, Aucoin also retired, so I decided to go my own way, keeping Nash, re-upping Juice, signing Marty Turco on the cheap as a backup to a good-in-the-game Mason, signing an on-the-cheap Teemu Selanne to replace Vinny, and picking up Lidstrom to bolster the blue line.)

I will be significantly angrier if, for some twist of fate or other reason, Vinny Prospal doesn't play another real life game in a CBJ uniform.

Your team would get wrecked by my 2015-16 team on that game. After drafting Nail Yakupov 1st overall and allowing him to develop, I won the Cup with he and Rick Nash on the top line. I also dealt for Ryan Murray, and after winning the Cup traded Yakupov to Ottawa for 90 overall rated Jared Cowen. I allowed John Moore to develop into a Norris Trophy winner (wtf?), and Matt Calvert into a first line player. My "team ratings" are maxed out for offense, defense, and goaltending. Yes, I am truly an EA Sports GM HOFer.

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
Your team would get wrecked by my 2015-16 team on that game. After drafting Nail Yakupov 1st overall and allowing him to develop, I won the Cup with he and Rick Nash on the top line. I also dealt for Ryan Murray, and after winning the Cup traded Yakupov to Ottawa for 90 overall rated Jared Cowen. I allowed John Moore to develop into a Norris Trophy winner (wtf?), and Matt Calvert into a first line player. My "team ratings" are maxed out for offense, defense, and goaltending. Yes, I am truly an EA Sports GM HOFer.

Johansen won the Calder for me in my first season.

I forgot about the Draft. Thanks to EA's scouting system, I drafted Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Murray, Reinhart, AND Grigorenko. :laugh:

georgiabluejacket

Jun 6, 2002
Georgia
Johansen won the Calder for me in my first season.

I forgot about the Draft. Thanks to EA's scouting system, I drafted Yakupov, Galchenyuk, Murray, Reinhart, AND Grigorenko. :laugh:

My team is LOADED for the next 10 years. Through trades(almost all of which were offered to me) I've gotten Ryan Nugent Hopkins & Nail Yakupov(1st round pick) for Juice. Brayden Scheen for a 3rd, Couturier & a 1st for Wiz. Got R. Murphy, M. Reily(6th round pick), & Dumba(7th round pick) for a 3rd rounder. I managed to get Landeskog as well for something like a 4th.

I've drafted Yakupov(1st), Galchenyuk(3rd), R. Murray(4th), Reinhardt(1st), S. Monahan(2013 4th), O. Dansk(2013 7th, last pick of the draft), Dumba(2013 7th), M. Reily(2013 6th), & Pouliot(2013 7th). I could've drafted M. Subban too, but I already had like 5 goalies. I've had like 7 1st round picks in 2 years due to trades offered to me.(5 still in the minors/AHL)

Awards won:
Hart, Art Ross, Pearson: Nash
Norris: J. Johnson
Vezina: Mason
Calder: A. Galchenyuk
Lady Byng: D. Brassard
Conn Smythe: T. Gleason(along with a 1st for Tyutin)

My line-ups:
Nash-Brassard-Scheen
Yakupov-Johansen-Nugent Hopkins
Galchenyuk-Umberger-Landeskog
Couturier-Wellwood-Boll

J. Johnson-Gleason
Murray-B. Jackman
Reinhardt-Moore

Mason
Dansk

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
I play on Pro. I'm working my way up on the difficulty, but took the first season cautiously because in NHL 11, Rookie was too easy, but I got smoked (like 5 goals on 8 shots against) on Pro.

Projected lineup for 2012-13:
Nash-Brassard-Selanne
Umberger-Johansen-Huselius
Ott*-Letestu/MacKenzie-Dorsett
Yakupov/Williams*/Letestu-Letestu/MacKenzie/Williams-Boll

Johnson-Lidstrom
Tyutin-Wisniewski
Methot-Moore/Nikitin/Murray

Mason
Turco

*Jason Williams acquired from Pittsburgh for a 3rd after Adam Mair was signed away from Springfield and I needed a center.
*Steve Ott/Radek Dvorak acquired for Martinek+A. Johnson+Pick at the deadline. Dvorak later flipped for Trevor Frischmon because I needed forward depth. (At one point due to injuries, I had two defensemen on the fourth line in the AHL.) Ott would later score the Cup-winning goal.
*Put in an offer sheet for Nick Foligno and Ottawa matched.
*AI wasn't doing the Nash deal.
*Adrian Aucoin and Vinny Prospal retired, so I had to fill holes there.
*If Yakupov doesn't work out and I send him down, Atkinson comes back up.

Last edited:

Devil X

Call me Nostradamus
Jul 9, 2007
Bergen County
Our GM Connected League (PS3) is looking for a GM for the Blue Jackets and we are wondering if anyone on the forum would like to take the team.

Dont believe he has made any moves so the roster normal.

If you want it PM me or come over the the Devils board and post under the GM Connected League (PS3).

We are an active league and move pretty fast. Hopefully one of you is looking for a good league.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
GMCHL Elite

Hello Jackets nation well in absence of this years NHL season and the fact that there is nothing to do in Ohio in the Winter I decided to buy NHL13 and I am now addicted. If any of you guys play the game and are looking for a casual GM connected experience I would love to have you in the league. This league gives you the option of having up to 8 guys on your team so the goal of the league is to recruit 30 active GMs and the GMs would recruit their own team. Once the league gets filled I will advance every Sunday at 9pm so that gives you roughly 7 days to play 3-4 games. Well I would love to have some local GMs in the league so if you are interested or just have a question you can respond here or PM me.

The teams with no gamer tags are open

Vancouver
Rangers- G2W Venum
St Louis- Joe Stud18
Pittsburgh- Colorado Buffs7
Nashville- ATL Thrasher344
Philly
Boston
Detroit
New Jersey
Chicago- Loova
Phoenix
San Jose
Los Angelas- IIVoodooII
Florida
Washington
Ottawa
Calgary
Dallas
Buffalo
Colorado
Tampa
Winnipeg
Carolina
Minnesota
Anaheim
Toronto
Islanders
Montreal
Edmonton- Pembro420
Columbus

Last edited:

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
I'm going to join the league now, please accept

If you have an IPhone Droid or Blackberry please download the app kik. it is completely free, this is where we schedule matches and conduct trade talk. Whatever franchise you pick make your kik username city of team then gm for example mine is PittsburghGM so once you get the app send me a message

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
I'm looking to get a veteran on the cheap for my NHL12 Dynasty and have the choice of giving a two-way deal at $525k to Steve Sullivan or Saku Koivu. Given these lines:

Nash-Brassard-Huselius
Umberger-Johansen-Selanne
Ott-Letestu-Dorsett
Atkinson/Williams-MacKenzie-Boll
Williams (13th forward, IR with a concussion)

...who do you pick? Atkinson and Williams are on two-way deals, so one could be sent down to allow room for the other, along with Sullivan/Koivu if things don't go well there (the AHL roster could use some depth). I figure either is a low-risk, potential decent-reward move.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
I'm looking to get a veteran on the cheap for my NHL12 Dynasty and have the choice of giving a two-way deal at $525k to Steve Sullivan or Saku Koivu. Given these lines:

Nash-Brassard-Huselius
Umberger-Johansen-Selanne
Ott-Letestu-Dorsett
Atkinson/Williams-MacKenzie-Boll
Williams (13th forward, IR with a concussion)

...who do you pick? Atkinson and Williams are on two-way deals, so one could be sent down to allow room for the other, along with Sullivan/Koivu if things don't go well there (the AHL roster could use some depth). I figure either is a low-risk, potential decent-reward move.

Interesting lineup ...

I would probably pass either way, unless you're desperate for depth. I don't like carrying more than 13 forwards, though I like carrying 8 defensemen, and supplement my forwards with one of my extra defensemen if I have to.

If I have to pick from the menu, Koivu offers a lot more in terms of versatility.

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
Anybody that plays the NHL games have this much horrendous luck with injuries at one position?

Today (in the game) 1-12
Position Player Injury Return Date
D David Savard Concussion 1-14-13
D Marc Methot Bruised Ribs 1-14-13
D Jack Johnson Pulled Groin 1-24-13
D Fedor Tyutin Sore Foot 1-24-13
D James Wisniewski Bruised Arm 1-23-13

I already called Savard up when Methot got hurt. Then I called up Nick Holden. I'm now down to 5 Dmen in Springfield and having to press Methot and, at least for a game, Johnson back into action because I can't call anyone else up.

Pairs for my last game:
Lidstrom-Tyutin
Nikitin-Moore
Holden-MacKenzie (DMac was the best defensive forward that was somewhat expendable at their position)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->