CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here)

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
Posted a reply in the other thread about getting the Prospect renewed so that someone can take over as commish.

The key thing is to get a league renewed by last years commish so that invites can be sent to those who played last year, and want to play again this year. After that is done, commish duties can be turned over to another person and previous commish can drop out. One of the options listed in the commissioner tools to have co-commissioners. Probably a good idea in case someone can't do it the next year. That way extra insurance that league will continue.

I have been commish of the Grinder for a few years now. Not hard work, and really doesn't take much time other than in beginning when the league is scrambling to fill in all the spots.

3 goals = chili

Jan 14, 2006
Charlotte, NC
As long as you renew the league, the draft can be changed at a later date by who ever in the league takes over as commish. I set the Grinder for Sunday, but seems kind of silly to pick on first day of camps, so we will probably bump it back a bit.

The key thing is to get the league renewed so that invites can be sent to those who played last year, and want to play again this year.

done and done.

Who wants to conduct the Prospect Train?

CBJHerd

Oct 5, 2011
If there are any openings for a experience fantasy player but rookie to the board ill be up for it.

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
As long as you renew the league, the draft can be changed at a later date by who ever in the league takes over as commish. I set the Grinder for Sunday, but seems kind of silly to pick on first day of camps, so we will probably bump it back a bit.

As to the Grinder draft - A Sunday evening works by far the best for me. If the season is starting on Saturday the 19th, getting a good draft time for me during the week might be hard between work and my son's games during the week. I will do my best to make whatever work, but don't want to see us end with a Friday night draft. Just my two cents. Thanks Dave

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
:handclap:

I don't want to step on any toes here, just trying to help. This transition would be easier if you were in the Prospect last year. Were you in the league last year?

yes. I was 4th I think.

I've commissioned football leagues before, so I'd probably get the hang of it. Just let me know and we can get the draft put together.

cbjgrandview

Oct 25, 2006
$10 Green Seats
I've been in the Premier since the inception, CBJGrandview Guachos, I'd like to play again as well. My email attached to that league is hacked and gone. So I'll need to get the league id and password from someone here.

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
yes. I was 4th I think.

I've commissioned football leagues before, so I'd probably get the hang of it. Just let me know and we can get the draft put together.

Once you have signed up for this year, let the current commish know and he can transfer the duties to you. Since you have done football leagues before, it should be no problem to get the hang of it.

CBJSprague24

"Scoreboard, son."
Oct 11, 2007
52mi from the Nat
I had to Autopick my team for all but the last two rounds on another board's Fantasy game. And while it's strong up front (Stafford, Daniel, RNH, Iginla, Franzen, Eric Staal, Filppula, Smyth, Turris, Raymond, and PA Parenteau) and pseudo-OK on D (Whitney, Gilbert, Sbisa, Voynov, Corvo, Jackman, Brendan Smith somehow), I have Harding, Tokarski, and Clemmensen in goal.

So I'm going to be looking for revenge come Prospect League Draft night, because this will be my good roster while I try to John Davidson the other.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Looking at the fantasy projects on TSN, I think there are going to be some surprised folks on a couple of the CBJ players.

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
Grinder League currently has 7 teams signed up.

Since the draft is scheduled to happen on Sunday night, we need to firm up the players in the league. There are 5 teams from last year that have not signed up, and from my memory there are at least 4 posters on the board that have expressed interest in playing in a league.

With that being said, I think that we should open up the Grinder to others players on Sunday morning. Unless others object, I will PM the interested posters with sign up information Sunday AM. I plan to cap the league at no more than 12, same as last year.

I haven't heard that the Premier League is happening this year, so not sure if anyone from there would like to join either the Grinder or Prospect. Please post if you are interested so you can be included.

CBJHerd

Oct 5, 2011
Grinder League currently has 7 teams signed up.

Since the draft is scheduled to happen on Sunday night, we need to firm up the players in the league. There are 5 teams from last year that have not signed up, and from my memory there are at least 4 posters on the board that have expressed interest in playing in a league.

With that being said, I think that we should open up the Grinder to others players on Sunday morning. Unless others object, I will PM the interested posters with sign up information Sunday AM. I plan to cap the league at no more than 12, same as last year.

I haven't heard that the Premier League is happening this year, so not sure if anyone from there would like to join either the Grinder or Prospect. Please post if you are interested so you can be included.

I might be reading this wrong, and if I am, sorry. I would like to join a league but have not played in any of the fantasy leagues on the board. If there are open slots ill be more than glad to step in, if not that is fine also.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Add me to those interested if a spot is open. Can draft any night

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
If there are any openings, I would be up for joining a league. I'm a very experienced, competitive fantasy owner.

I'm pretty new to this site. I don't usually post to much but I get on here to read the topics a lot. I'd be interested in joining a league if there are any spots open and if not this year maybe keep me in mind for next year. Thanks!

I'd like to play if a league has an opening. PM me.

If there are any openings for a experience fantasy player but rookie to the board ill be up for it.

Add me to those interested if a spot is open. Can draft any night

These are the folks that I have seen expressing an interest to participate in the leagues we have on the board. I will be sending out PMs to everyone on Sunday morning to fill the Grinder. Let me know if someone has posted that I have missed.

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
I've been in the Premier since the inception, CBJGrandview Guachos, I'd like to play again as well. My email attached to that league is hacked and gone. So I'll need to get the league id and password from someone here.

Is the Premier running this year? Haven't seen anything indicating that it is.

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
So I'm commish for the Prospect League.

Still some room. Herd, EspenK have been sent invites. I think that'll leave us with one more opening to get to 10. Email will be sent through the league to set up a draft time.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So I'm commish for the Prospect League.

Still some room. Herd, EspenK have been sent invites. I think that'll leave us with one more opening to get to 10. Email will be sent through the league to set up a draft time.

I'm in. Thanks.

crazy jacket

Mar 13, 2012
I have not played in the leagues on this board, but I would like to play if you still have room.

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
With the Prospect league now at 10 teams, I have PM'd sign up info for the Grinder League to those posters who have expressed an interest in playing, and haven't posted about joining the Prospect.

If anyone else is interested, post a reply here and I will send info to you.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad