CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here)

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
It's a 30 man keeper league with full rosters and everything. On our 6th or 7th year. I took over after the first year and was left with not much. It's a long tough process building a team back up. I also owned kovalchuk who magically up and left so thatbhurt

I now have:

Centres - Sedin, scheifele, Kruger
Wingers - voracek, vrbata, ennis, Jenner, Drouin, grabovski, Matthias, clutterbuck, Matt Martin
Defense - yandle, hamonic, gunnarsson, schenn, chiarot, connauton and prout
Goalies - Colorado system

Anyways they are my 6/7 defencemen just looking to see which one projects to be in the lineup more to start the year.

Late last year Prout was rotating out with Goloubef. I'd imagine Connauton will be the better bet, but Prout will give you PIMs.

The Wheelchair

Jun 13, 2015
Ottawa
If your fantasy league values offensive production, Connauton's probably your guy. I've never played fantasy hockey though, so if there's some way of penalizing you if he makes infuriating mistakes that lead directly to goals, maybe steer clear.

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
Late to the party, but let's see if we can get it re-started. Grinder League!

Things have been super crazy lately and haven't had time until now to get the word out that the Grinder League has been renewed. Yahoo should have sent email reminders to last years players, but not certain that it happened.

That being said, the Grinder will not be able to start scoring until week 2 of the fantasy league season. Week 1 runs from tonight through next weekend - 10 days or so. Totally my fault, and I hope that it doesn't keep some from playing.

Hopefully we can get some interest and keep the league going. Here is the link to sign up for The Grinder!

https://yho.com/nhl?l=88396&k=75c535c0f5b000b0&ikey=659315c327835df8

Let me know if anyone has trouble with the link, or sign up process. Doesn't look like a password is required to get going, which is good, because I am having trouble finding it this year. :shakehead

Let's Go JACKETS!

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
I did get the invite to the Grinder League.

Since it didn't get renewed, I have jumped in two other leagues here and one from another board. Not completely sure I want to be in another.

I see the league is set up as autodraft. Is that the plan or is that just a placeholder for now?

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Dubinsky expected to play during the first night no?
He's the best player in the eastern conference in my opinion. Superior.

Privet

Sep 25, 2015
Victoria, BC

I like your optimism! I don't think he's the "best". However, I do agree with you that he's a great player. He's a character player that the Jackets need.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Redstorm and the wheelchair, I appreciate your responses guys. Ended up putting prout on the bench for the time being.

thebus2288*

I like your optimism! I don't think he's the "best". However, I do agree with you that he's a great player. He's a character player that the Jackets need.

Well I'll just use this as my chance to preach another 1 of my "crazy" ideas. I was gonna say some **** in the Johansson/Heart thread but didn't wanna ruin it. As of October 8th 2015 Dubinsky is more "important" than Johansen is to the CBJ. With the amount of "pure offensive depth" the team has, we'd be "ok" without Johansen for an extended period of time. We "are" when he goes through these stretches during the year when he's actually "playing". We don't play against a 2013 Joe Thornton every night. Dubinsky, Foligno, Jenner bring it "every" night. Maybe 95% of the time because of injuries or fatigue, etc. IMO this is 1 this that still, after the past 2 years, needs to be changed before we are ok with giving Johansen 8,9+ mil a yr for an extended period.

Would love to see a Dubi, Foligno, Jenner line 3 on 3 this year. Somebody pitch it to Portzline. See what Richards thinks.

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
I did get the invite to the Grinder League.

Since it didn't get renewed, I have jumped in two other leagues here and one from another board. Not completely sure I want to be in another.

I see the league is set up as autodraft. Is that the plan or is that just a placeholder for now?

Sorry this got out late, I totally understand being overloaded by too many teams/leagues. I had not set a draft time, so the auto is just a place holder. No point playing if your entire league is auto drafted in my opinion.

For anyone on the board interested in joining, feel free. Here is the link: https://yho.com/nhl?l=88396&k=75c535c0f5b000b0&ikey=659315c327835df8

Hopefully we can fill the league to at least 8.

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014

Well I'll just use this as my chance to preach another 1 of my "crazy" ideas. I was gonna say some **** in the Johansson/Heart thread but didn't wanna ruin it. As of October 8th 2015 Dubinsky is more "important" than Johansen is to the CBJ. With the amount of "pure offensive depth" the team has, we'd be "ok" without Johansen for an extended period of time. We "are" when he goes through these stretches during the year when he's actually "playing". We don't play against a 2013 Joe Thornton every night. Dubinsky, Foligno, Jenner bring it "every" night. Maybe 95% of the time because of injuries or fatigue, etc. IMO this is 1 this that still, after the past 2 years, needs to be changed before we are ok with giving Johansen 8,9+ mil a yr for an extended period.

Would love to see a Dubi, Foligno, Jenner line 3 on 3 this year. Somebody pitch it to Portzline. See what Richards thinks.
Yeah man I do appreciate dubinsky's powerful game... he does it all pure and simple. I also like y'alls chances. This is a deep team with exceptional players like dubinsky. To me he is the ultimate hockey player. Dubinsky can with cups/cup with his friends I'm sure of it. With the right squad... this guy is the real deal. Realest of the realest.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
realized today that the NHL is bad for my bank account and me spending time on Draft Kings...

Haha I've lost a bit on draftkings, however I'm gonna try hockey tonight, mostly footballfor me so far. My buddy won $30 on opening night Wednesday. Hoping I'll fair better at hockey than football.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)

I wouldn't go so far as to call him "more" important (those points Joey scores have real significance). Just as important, tho? Sure. Importance seriously underrated? Heck yeah.

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Haha I've lost a bit on draftkings, however I'm gonna try hockey tonight, mostly footballfor me so far. My buddy won $30 on opening night Wednesday. Hoping I'll fair better at hockey than football.

I've been trying hockey as well but seem to have better luck with 1) NFL, 2) MLB

BlueJacketBacker

Sep 20, 2006
Worthington
Looking for a basic fantasy league to join?

There are spots still open in the Grinder League. We got started late this year and have lost most of our previous players. If anyone is interested, you are more than welcome to join us. Draft has been moved to Sunday at 8PM. With the late start we will begin scoring in Yahoo's week 2 of the season, which starts next Monday.

http://hockey.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/cbj_grinder_league

The Jones Zone

Nov 27, 2013
Raleigh, NC
I am one of the fantasy leagues here..............2015 CBJ Keeper League, and one other I joined.....no money involved but I still have no idea still how the scoring is computerate

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I am one of the fantasy leagues here..............2015 CBJ Keeper League, and one other I joined.....no money involved but I still have no idea still how the scoring is computerate

Go to Yahoo and search around. Somewhere the scoring will be explained to you.

bigG

Jan 18, 2010
Which D-man/D-men are running the top PP unit, Savard or Murray? What is your projected point totals for each of them by the end of the season?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
My top goalie - Henrik Lundqvist has fallen victim to the EK goalie curse. my #2 - MAF is coming off a concussion. The rest are fodder. Rangers and Pens face Dallas, Washington, CHi (2x) and Montreal. I am toast. :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad