CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here)

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So Hanifin didnt fall like I was hoping, but moving up to 6 paid off as Dallas moved up to 7 just to grab Provorov. Drafted Provorov at 6 and Roslovic at 34. Next pick is the 58th.

Heres how the teams shaping up
https://www.hockeyscap.com/armchair-gm/team/2601
(without any resignings). Ive got 6.2M to sign Calvert, Letestu and McElhinney. Should be interesting how its going to work out. Im seemingly one of the only players in the league who didnt completely reshape their roster.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
So everyone in my mock draft was blowing up their teams while I decided to mainly keep the CBJ in tact.

But I gave in and decided to make a blockbuster move. It might be overpayment, but its barely more than the Nash trade

Subban and Tinordi

For

Rychel
Anisimov
Savard
Borque(cap dump)
2016 1st
2015 2nd (58th)

D now looks like.

Murray-Subban
Tyutin-Ellis
Provorov-Goloubef

With 5M in cap to sign Letestu, Calvert, McElhinney and Tinordi

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
So everyone in my mock draft was blowing up their teams while I decided to mainly keep the CBJ in tact.

But I gave in and decided to make a blockbuster move. It might be overpayment, but its barely more than the Nash trade

Subban and Tinordi

For

Rychel
Anisimov
Savard
Borque(cap dump)
2016 1st
2015 2nd (58th)

D now looks like.

Murray-Subban
Tyutin-Ellis
Provorov-Goloubef

Maybe Jarmo could use you. :laugh: I'd make that trade in real life although I doubt MOntreal even thinks about it.

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL

Subban and Tinordi

For

Rychel
Anisimov
Savard
Borque(cap dump)
2016 1st
2015 2nd (58th)

D now looks like.

Murray-Subban
Tyutin-Ellis
Provorov-Goloubef

where's Jack and How did you get Ellis?

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
where's Jack and How did you get Ellis?

Jack was traded straight across for Oshie, and Wennberg was traded straight across for Ellis.

8th and 38th traded for the 6th (Dallas moved up to 7 just to take Provorov :laugh: )

major major

Feb 18, 2013

Subban and Tinordi

For

Rychel
Anisimov
Savard
Borque(cap dump)
2016 1st
2015 2nd (58th)

D now looks like.

Murray-Subban
Tyutin-Ellis
Provorov-Goloubef

Yeah those are all very good moves on your part. Unfortunately those fantasy leagues are a lot less fun when the other GM's are as foolish as that Montreal GM.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Yeah those are all very good moves on your part. Unfortunately those fantasy leagues are a lot less fun when the other GM's are as foolish as that Montreal GM.

They really are. I was so close to quitting when everyone just blows up their entire roster. Its so unrealistic and nowhere near as fun. But thats what happens when you have people who arent fans of the team they pick and they get rid of everyone.

My team most likely wont win the playoffs (voted best team) because everyone traded away all their futures for all star talent and some teams just get stacked.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Yahoo should have sent notices out already to last year's commissioners to renew their leagues. I ask every year - who ran last year's league(s)?

Super Genius ran the Prospect League and I'm pretty sure BlueJacketBacker ran the Grinder league (or maybe IndyDave)

BluejacketNut

Sep 23, 2006
www.erazzphoto.com
I havent gotten any reminders for the Yahoo leagues, there's a set reminder option, but nothing sent out so far. We've done this enough years, should we consider making any of them keepers, or maybe starting a new one?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I havent gotten any reminders for the Yahoo leagues, there's a set reminder option, but nothing sent out so far. We've done this enough years, should we consider making any of them keepers, or maybe starting a new one?

Imo making one of the leagues a keeper league now is okay as long as it is done with everyone re-drafting their team from scratch.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

Imo making one of the leagues a keeper league now is okay as long as it is done with everyone re-drafting their team from scratch.

I think Yahoo hockey is up - not sure why reminders haven't been sent unless they're waiting for football to get started.

We had three leagues for a while and we've been down to two for a couple seasons anyway - the lockout messed things up and the nature of the forums where people are active for a while and them drop off, it makes it hard sometimes to keep your continuity. That said, there are usually some posters who weren't in before to take someone's place.

All of this is to say it's up to you, BJN, how much work you want to put into it. My experience with running leagues is that it can be a hassle to round people up and schedule a draft but once that's done it's pretty easy. And I agree with Espen that if you go to keepers you have to start this year, since we didn't plan last year's season-ending rosters with keepers in mind.

Good luck and keep us posted. I'm in.

thebus2288*

I'd be really interested in any sort of league. I just joined a keeper league a few weeks ago taking over an existing team which kinda sucks.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I'd like to have a keeper league. IMO, we should restart everything. Have people sign up for a keeper league or regular league. Then, depending on how many sign up for each, we can make 1 or 2 leagues for both.

I.E. If 20 sign up for keeper and 10 for regular, we can have 2 keeper leagues and one regular.

Thoughts?

Last edited:

IndyDave

Jul 30, 2005
Super Genius ran the Prospect League and I'm pretty sure BlueJacketBacker ran the Grinder league (or maybe IndyDave)

BlueJacketBacker was the commissioner of the Grinder League. I sent a "reminder" for renewing the league.

Grinder League had teams last year. Pancake Bunnies was the regular season and playoff winner. I was runner-up in both.

I'm responding to the gauge interest thread.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad