CBJ Fantasy Hockey Thread (post fantasy / video game items here)

SuperGenius

For Duty & Humanity!
Mar 18, 2008
Congrats to the Waffle Hares for winning the CBJ Partial Keeper league. Honorable mention to Sore Losers for second, and me (Fighting Boomers) for third.

Congrats to me (Raging Dubinskys) for winning the Hat Trick league after finishing 5th in the regular season. Honorable mention to Rubber Puckies for second and VoraCzechs for third.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Congrats to the Waffle Hares for winning the CBJ Partial Keeper league. Honorable mention to Sore Losers for second, and me (Fighting Boomers) for third.

Congrats to me (Raging Dubinskys) for winning the Hat Trick league after finishing 5th in the regular season. Honorable mention to Rubber Puckies for second and VoraCzechs for third.

You were a playoff maven. I enjoyed the seasons especially the Partial Keeper league. :laugh:

As commissioner I'm thinking about expanding the keepers to 6 or 7.:laugh: I have a tough time thinking about only keeping 3.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006

Team had a bad week last week against ya, but I'll take 3rd. Good work, SG!

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
You were a playoff maven. I enjoyed the seasons especially the Partial Keeper league. :laugh:

As commissioner I'm thinking about expanding the keepers to 6 or 7.:laugh: I have a tough time thinking about only keeping 3.

Feel free to consider this the bitter rantings of a failed owner, but there are not enough teams in the Partial Keeper League. I was an active owner but was unable to make my team better (or worse) because the league is so shallow that adds didn't make a difference. In a shallow league, so much is dependent on the draft. Obviously I blew the draft but you should have the opportunity to make your team better through active, smart ownership throughout the season.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Feel free to consider this the bitter rantings of a failed owner, but there are not enough teams in the Partial Keeper League. I was an active owner but was unable to make my team better (or worse) because the league is so shallow that adds didn't make a difference. In a shallow league, so much is dependent on the draft. Obviously I blew the draft but you should have the opportunity to make your team better through active, smart ownership throughout the season.

I'm not sure I agree. I had like 41 adds and while not all were stellar I think some helped. We can discuss adding teams. $500 expansion fee?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
DSL, you got me curious so I skimmed through the adds and here are some guys who were added that definitely turned out good:

Larkin, ROR,Jenne,Zuccarello,John Gibson,Camileri, Palmeri,Ghost,Hartnell,Thornton,Brassard,Marchand,Kuznetsov, Panarin, Krug.

Obviously a good draft sets you up for a good year but I think adds definitely helped my team (bolded).

Again we can discuss. Question: How do you expand to 10? have no keepers and start over or let the new guys have 3 picks before any of the old teams pick?

I'll send out a league email and we can kick it around.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
I'm not sure I agree. I had like 41 adds and while not all were stellar I think some helped. We can discuss adding teams. $500 expansion fee?

Like I said, rantings of a failed owner. I was in 7th place all year long. Basically from week one through the end of the season. Not 6th, not 5th, not 8th. Team sucked.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Im blaming Price for my suckatude. Price and Quick were a good tandem, except for the whole Price part!

I feel your pain. I had Lundqvsit & Fleury and lets just say during the playoffs they didn't excel. Historically goalies have been my Achilles heel.

aRussian

Oct 21, 2007
Ohio

I was really hoping my Puckies would instill fear in the league with that name :laugh:

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Eagerly awaiting responses from players in the CBJ Hat Trick and CBJ 3 Keepers No Prospect leagues. Season starts in 11 days we need to get rolling. Check your e-mail. Let me know if you haven't received one (or two). So far I have received 2 replies so I know at least a few received them.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Eagerly awaiting responses from players in the CBJ Hat Trick and CBJ 3 Keepers No Prospect leagues. Season starts in 11 days we need to get rolling. Check your e-mail. Let me know if you haven't received one (or two). So far I have received 2 replies so I know at least a few received them.

Didn't receive a 3KNPL invite. But did see the note that Losers posted. I'm in.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I am pretty sure I was in a league last year. If I was, I haven't received any email invite.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
It looks like I didn't get an email, because I was the one who created the league last year ;). I didn't think I was. I am going to send an invite out now. We only had a few teams play last year, so we need more teams and we may change the rules. We did a full keeper I think, but I'm not sure if everyone will want to still do that. So, if you are in my league, let me know when you get the invite and if you would like to keep it a full keeper league, make it partial, or just start over. I still have the site with all of our teams and the prospects.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
If anyone would like to join, just PM me your email and I will invite you. We currently have 6 teams (if everyone joins from last year).

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Here is what our league website looked like if you want to look at it. We would obviously have to have an expansion draft if new teams join and we want to keep it a keeper league.

http://cbjkeeperleague.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:.com/

I'm thinking the best idea, based on the fact I now work 10+ hours each day, is to make it just a basic partial keeper league. Again, if you are in the league, or want to join, let me know.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
There is at least one team available in the CBJ Partial Keeper League. We are keeping 3 players. The available team has Tavares, Kessel, Hedman,Hall,Marchand and RyJo as likely keepers. PM me if you'd like to takeover. Transfer fee negotiable. :laugh:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
There is at least one team available in the CBJ Partial Keeper League. We are keeping 3 players. The available team has Tavares, Kessel, Hedman,Hall,Marchand and RyJo as likely keepers. PM me if you'd like to takeover. Transfer fee negotiable. :laugh:

How many do you have in the league?

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
BoonesJenner - Your PM doesn't work and I haven't received an answer to my email, so -Are you in for the Partial Keeper League this year? Need an answer today. Thanks.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->