Confirmed with Link: CBJ Claim Jack Skille on Waivers

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Rychel was probably already headed down. Did you think they were going to give him 4th line minutes? Maybe for a couple weeks.

Adding Skille probably means Wennberg heads down. Which is better for him, IMO.

They just ran a front-page feature on Wennberg. Think his spot is safe.

Maybe they just don't like Rychel/D'Amigo/Gibbons on that 4th line as much as Skille. Only $750K.

Theo Von

gang gang buzz buzz
Nov 15, 2013
Skille's preseason with NYI went like this:

1-0-1... +1, 7 SOG in 3 games.

Welcome back, Jack! I'm happy that the Jackets claimed him. I like his character and positive attitude. Best o' luck!

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
he's apparently already in his car and on his way to town...i'd take that as he is happy...

or maybe happy he didn't clear waivers and go to the AHL :laugh:

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
My other thought is that it is ominous that the Islanders are good enough not to need him and we are not good enough that we do need him.

Or they are just dumb. I don't look at it as anything other than we see him as a player who can help us and they don't.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
My other thought is that it is ominous that the Islanders are good enough not to need him and we are not good enough that we do need him.

If Horton/Jenner were healthy and Joey was signed do you think we'd need him? Probably not. That's the difference between our two teams right now.

That and the Islanders really do have ridiculous depth at forward. Skille signed there thinking that it was the complete forward unit, and then they signed Grabo-Kulemin at the last minute, giving them about 16 nhl forwards.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I wouldn't worry about it. We and the team know exactly what Skille is so if they feel they could use him I think they can.

I also think Skille is better than Tropp. Do we know what teams don't like with Skille? The fans always seem to like him and he seems capable of chipping in ~10 goals a season.

CBJ Tiffin

Jan 2, 2011
Maybe the team doesn't want to burn a year on any of the prospects ELCs knowing Joey, Boone, and probably Horton will be back. Skille would give them a serviceable alternative at low cost. :dunno:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Maybe the team doesn't want to burn a year on any of the prospects ELCs knowing Joey, Boone, and probably Horton will be back. Skille would give them a serviceable alternative at low cost. :dunno:
I believe their ELCs begin even if they are in the AHL.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
the only player we could have in the AHL this year and NOT lose a year off their ELC is Sonny Milano (for reasons that I can recall specifically)
Is it number of years post draft? IIRC Mayorov went straight to Syracuse and didn't start his ELC.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Is it number of years post draft? IIRC Mayorov went straight to Syracuse and didn't start his ELC.
Just checked, 18 and 19 year olds who don't play in at least 10 NHL games, regular season or playoffs, will have their ELCs slide. So, someone drafted out of a league other than the CHL could play 9 NHL games and then finish the rest of the season in the AHL and they wouldn't lose any years from their ELC.

http://www.capgeek.com/faq/how-does-an-entry-level-contract-slide

edit: so Milano will play in the OHL for his 18 year old season, but because he wasn't drafted out of the OHL, he is eligible to play 9 NHL games + AHL season next year when he's 19 and he'll have his ELC slide

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Do we know what teams don't like with Skille? The fans always seem to like him and he seems capable of chipping in ~10 goals a season.

My guess is its because he's never been able to score consistently in the NHL, and has had frequent injury problems. He seems well trained and skilled and responsible, but lacks the scoring instincts.

If you project his goal scoring out over full seasons, he would have had more than 10 a couple of times and about 20 last year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad