Confirmed with Link: CBJ Claim Jack Skille on Waivers

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
i think this ensures Rychel (already figured he was headed down) and Wennberg are in Springfield Tuesday...

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I get the idea of wanting to send Rychel and Wennberg down ... but does adding Skille really make that easier?

For Rychel I guess it does. skille is a 4th line hybrid guy on our team, which is what Rychel's role was going to be. Writing might be there for Rychel.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
There went Rychel's roster spot

Rychel was probably already headed down. Did you think they were going to give him 4th line minutes? Maybe for a couple weeks.

Adding Skille probably means Wennberg heads down. Which is better for him, IMO.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
After almost posting my reaction to re-claiming Blake Comeau,:help:
the light went on :handclap: and Skille at least showed some offense last year. I agree Rychel is going down and I wouldn't be surprised to see the other two go also so that the d'amigo, gibbons duo can be judged at the NHL level. Sort of a reverse 9 game trial.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I get the idea of wanting to send Rychel and Wennberg down ... but does adding Skille really make that easier?

Yes. I don't think he would outscore Wennberg, but Skille can play pretty well in the bottom six and buy more time for Wennberg to develop in the AHL.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
After almost posting my reaction to re-claiming Blake Comeau,:help:
the light went on :handclap: and Skille at least showed some offense last year. I agree Rychel is going down and I wouldn't be surprised to see the other two go also so that the d'amigo, gibbons duo can be judged at the NHL level. Sort of a reverse 9 game trial.

This is an excellent way of putting it. It's what I hope we do.

punk_o_holic

Mar 1, 2002
N. Vancouver, B.C.
We already know how he plays but apparently Skille was good at training camp with the Islanders. Some fans were upset that he was sent down/claimed. Felt that he played well enough to be on the 4th line.

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
He was alright in his time here last year. Hopefully we'll see more of his snipes

Samkow

Now do Classical Gas
Jul 4, 2002
Detroit

(Full disclosure, didn't watch any of the later pre-season games due to stupid ass blackout restrictions)

I think this just punched Rychel's and Gibbons' tickets to Springfield.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Why? Last time I checked Skille was better than Tropp, Boll, and probably several of the half-dozen new forwards we're giving jobs to.

The club was interested in re-signing Skille. He left, presumably, because he wanted a better shot at cracking the lineup. But then the Islanders kept adding players and the Jackets kept losing them, bringing us to today.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad