CBJ Board Other Sports Thread: Part XI

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
No at all a soccer or Crew fan, but many in Columbus are. Here's hoping Precourt suffers the same fate as the NFL Chargers owners who, as a just reward for their move, can't even fill a 27,000 seat stadium.

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
From what I have heard, there is no stadium in Austin yet, and there is some difficulty in securing land for a possible stadium. Not only that, but people in Austin are as against using taxpayer funds to build a stadium as much as people here are against it. Anyone else hear this?
Yep. I'm hoping that that means Garber will cease to support the move, but we'll see.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I'm not entirely sure who this fourth quarter guy claiming to be JT Barrett is, but I sure as hell want him on my team more often. :amazed:

Sixteen completions in a row? SIXTEEN?

Wow. :D

Reactions: WubbaLubbaDubDub

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
For some unknown reason I thought the game was tonight. Missed all but the last 4 minutes. Guess that's all I needed to see. Happy for JT Barrett. Kid took a lot of sh*t early on this year but holy moley did he have a game for the ages today. And the D shut down Barkley. Go Bucks.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
For some unknown reason I thought the game was tonight. Missed all but the last 4 minutes. Guess that's all I needed to see. Happy for JT Barrett. Kid took a lot of sh*t early on this year but holy moley did he have a game for the ages today. And the D shut down Barkley. Go Bucks.
You're lucky, the first 3 quarters were stressful af. They kept trying to dump it off to the sides instead of running or stretching the field.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
WatchESPN.com is showing this on their website for the Crew-NYCFC game:

espnmlsfail-png.81993

And Twellman is pushing the old narrative of Precourt being justified because Ohio State.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
WatchESPN.com is showing this on their website for the Crew-NYCFC game:

espnmlsfail-png.81993

And Twellman is pushing the old narrative of Precourt being justified because Ohio State.
They are overwhelmed by the local college team, which is why a move to Austin makes all the sense in the world. If they go there they won't play second fiddle to a major university. Nope. Not at all. Twellman=Jello brained moron.

Reactions: Viqsi

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
If Precourt doesn't end up being hanged from the balcony like Mussolini tonight I'll be sorely disappointed.

SavesEmNot

Jul 2, 2012
Wow, Afful. :thumbu::cool::D

I heard a Rimerism during the broadcast; the play-by-play guy said a Crew player tried to "spin and turn". :D

BKIslandersFan

F*** off
Sep 29, 2017
Brooklyn
They are overwhelmed by the local college team, which is why a move to Austin makes all the sense in the world. If they go there they won't play second fiddle to a major university. Nope. Not at all. Twellman=Jello brained moron.

Yea but in his defense they also don't have a major league team to compete with, just the university. Columbus has both University and Blue Jackets.

Still shouldn't move though. #SaveTheCrew

Congrats on the win tonight fellas. Gutless effort from NYCFC but that is not on the Crew.

If Crew advance to the Finals man, it would make Precourt and Garber look like a complete ass.

Boomshakalaka

Why do I do this?
May 1, 2014
Columbus
Great game to watch by the crew ( really hate the SC now because precourt, and now sCrew his new logo too ) . Anyways what does anyone know about the chances of getting a usl or nasl team here, because face it the crew staying here is just a bone thrown at us by the owner. A bit of a dream to save soccer in Columbus but what other choice do we have.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad