Speculation: CBJ and EDM trade with the framework of Korpisalo for Koskinen, Samorukov, and 1st

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
The Oilers desperately need an upgrade in net after missing out on their targets the last two years. Apparently they were close on Kuemper. Not sure that I’d target this goalie but clearly they can’t waste a year going with Smith/Koskinen.

The goaltending is good enough to make the playoffs. That means they have until the trade deadline to find a playoff goalie. Thats lots of time. By then lost of teams will be out of it and selling.

Reactions: Mr Positive

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Koskinen korpisalo and Georgiev are similar goalies.

Only diff is their cap hit.

Not worth a 1st, and Georgiev isn't an improvement.
Georgiev is better imo, being younger and having his year end in RFA control. Goalies generally take longer to develop than skaters.

I'm not sure I'd trust any goalie that comes from a team with a strong defensive identity such as Carolina or Columbus. This past season, the team struggled, and then Korpisalo tanked hard. I think I'd prefer Koskinen, just because of the assets burned to make this kind of deal. (edit and btw I know the package mentioned in the title is wayyy off, and is confirmed not to be the offer)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad