Speculation: CBJ and EDM trade with the framework of Korpisalo for Koskinen, Samorukov, and 1st

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
Inquired why he’s not in the nhl considering how weak Oiler D has been.
well for starters the weakness of the Oilers defence has been overblown greatly and secondly they have had a lot of rookie defenceman who were older and more ready come through. Jones, bear, lagesson, Bouchard. Can't have all rookies in your D. It was far and away the deepest part of the organizational prospect pool. They barely gave Bouchard playing time despite looking good when they did. Taking the long approach with prospects, particularly on D these days.

bucks_oil

Aug 25, 2005
I kind of assume that's what the Jackets are asking and we just haven't heard the Oilers counter. The framework makes sense, but the prospect is a little to valuable and tilts it pretty far imo. A good ol' fashioned negotiation.

i just don’t see how $4.5M in cap is worth a 1st. That in itself is a massive overpay.

there is also no way I’d do Samorukov for a goalie as weak as Korpisalo… there I’ve said it.

here are the stats. Tell me which team is which:
Team A: goalie 1: 0.923 goalie b: 0.898
Team B: goalie 1: 0.918 goalie b: 0.894

0.004 is the difference of 1 goal over 7 games. Or about 5 extra goals over this next season… and then we’d be done with that guy and could still have our 1st and samorukov.

please someone talk some sense into Holland

Reactions: spaghtti

Pucklington

Mar 24, 2008
Köln
Never made any of those claims. Inquired why he’s not in the nhl considering how weak Oiler D has been. Got an answer that made sense from the previous poster. Don’t be so sensitive.

Edmonton D wasn't that bad. Just mediocre. They have 7 NHL defenders last year. Just not the right mix of style.

Samurokov has extremely high upside, but wasn't ready. Speculation that he may be able to crack a spot this year. On a non playoff team maybe he would have cracked the lineup.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Rishaug tweeted that the Oilers are in no way talking about this trade, can a mod adjust the title to clear things up?
But then it wouldn't be click bait! Hell, the title wasn't even right in the first place, as it was purely speculation based on the rumored offer for Keumper. :dunno:

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I think the ask from Columbus was a 2nd/3rd or Samorukov for Korpisalo. There was a separate deal to send Koskinen to Buffalo. This is posted by someone else in this thread or the Merzlikins thread.

For me any deal that isn't getting us someone like Hart or Gibson cannot include Samorukov. We have lost 3 d-men this year and 2 were just getting to NHL level. Our depth was good but it cannot sustain another loss.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
Koskinen + 1 st for Georgiev?

I mean you get to save your highly touted prospect. And we can retain salary on Georgiev if needed.

I'd take a 2nd/3rd straight up for Georgiev but Koskinen sucks, bad caphit and if you're willing to offer all of that for Korpisalo, maybe Drury and Holland can work out a deal.

Reactions: Pucklington

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

I mean you get to save your highly touted prospect. And we can retain salary on Georgiev if needed.

I'd take a 2nd/3rd straight up for Georgiev but Koskinen sucks, bad caphit and if you're willing to offer all of that for Korpisalo, maybe Drury and Holland can work out a deal.

No one was willing to give that up for Korpisalo.

If there is a GM Holland take advantage of, it's Drury.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Koskinen + 1st + Samorukov and retain the salary for Mike Smith for 21 to 22 and you get Korpisalo

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
I don’t think this trade will ever happen.

I know Holland does some strange things, but I just can’t see this deal coming to fruition.
There are patterns that Holland has always followed. One of those is not overpaying for goalies. Holland has shown time and time again that all he wants is competent goaltending unless he can get the best. I don't expect this deal to happen either.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal

Koskinen korpisalo and Georgiev are similar goalies.

Only diff is their cap hit.

Not worth a 1st, and Georgiev isn't an improvement.

Dan Kelly

Sep 27, 2017
and yet a better goalie in Vitek Vanecek, who was taken by Seattle in the expansion draft, was traded back to the Caps for just a 2023 2nd rounder ! I could justify Koski, Samorukov and a 1st for Vanecek but Korpse? :facepalm: :huh:

Reactions: TFHockey

Daryls Friend

May 14, 2017
Korpisalo is really no better than Koskinen. So not sure where the insane rumour could come from.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad