Speculation: CBJ and EDM trade with the framework of Korpisalo for Koskinen, Samorukov, and 1st

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
That's odd, I would have thought that highly moving testimonial by a very definitely real Oilers fan might have swayed him to go for it.
Are you emailing Kenny scouting reports again?

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Bear and Larsson have never played together, Larsson played with a rotating cast of Jones,Lagesson,Russell or Kulikov.

Again I only stated that after a an Oiler fan stated I was wrong when I said Jones-Larsson which was given to me by another Oiler's fan.

Regardless of who the LHD was on the second pairing this year's pairing of Keith - Ceci has the potential of being a tire fire in comparison.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
spoken like someone who didn't watch it. Jones was a tire fire. Biggest disappointment on the team imo.

Wait until you see Ceci playing 20 unsheltered minutes a night. Add in Keith is a pretty big step down from Larsson at this point in his career and you have one hell of a smoldering tire fire.
Ask any Ottawa or Toronto fan about Ceci playing in an unsheltered role.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Wait until you see Ceci playing 20 unsheltered minutes a night. Add in Keith is a pretty big step down from Larsson at this point in his career and you have one hell of a smoldering tire fire.
Ceci and Keith both need to play 18-20 minutes. I don’t think that’s asking too much. Ceci is a downgrade on Larsson for sure but Keith is an upgrade on the parade of Koekoek, Jones, Russell, Lagesson we had playing behind nurse on the left side. An expensive upgrade but an upgrade.

Reactions: Blue Line Turnover

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Ceci and Keith both need to play 18-20 minutes. I don’t think that’s asking too much. Ceci is a downgrade on Larsson for sure but Keith is an upgrade on the parade of Koekoek, Jones, Russell, Lagesson we had playing behind nurse on the left side. An expensive upgrade but an upgrade.

But the thing is it is too much to ask of Ceci. He is a bottom pairing Dman.

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
Looked great playing 18 1/2 minutes in Pittsburgh last year. Maybe the best he’s ever looked. He’s 27 which is prime years for a D man.
you mean 16:37 minutes a game on the bottom pairing.
He did look good there behind Letang and Marino on the Depth chart. Far better defense than the mess going on in Edmonton.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
you mean 16:37 minutes a game on the bottom pairing.
He did look good there behind Letang and Marino on the Depth chart. Far better defense than the mess going on in Edmonton.
No I mean 18:31 maybe your looking at even strength minutes or something. He played 18:31 a game last year. In fact outside of his rookie year every year he’s been under 20 minutes total a game he’s been successful.

2014/15
2015/16
2020/21

All 3 years very successful for him and in all his minutes were kept under 20.

Last edited:

BobClarkesfrontteeth

Feb 6, 2020
Parts unknown
No I mean 18:31 maybe your looking at even strength minutes or something. He played 18:31 a game last year. In fact outside of his rookie year every he’s been under 20 minutes total a game he’s been successful.

2014/15
2015/16
2020/21

All 3 years very successful for him and in all his minutes were kept under 20.

Exactly and all three of those years he was on the bottom pairing. his first two years in Ottawa he looked like he was going to turn into a top 4 RHD. Not a 1/2D but a solid 3D. Even the next year 2016/17 when it started to come apart on him in the regular season but he had a pretty good playoffs. The following year he was on the second pairing for the whole season playing 19 to 20 minutes and it was a disaster.

He simply doesn't think the game quickly enough against top 6 forward match ups. He is always behind on coverage and struggles with breakouts. Also he is not overly physical or great at positioning in front of the net.

If he is on the second pairing he will see TOI of 19 to 20 minutes and tough minutes.

As for the TOI I just got it quickly off Cap Friendly advanced stats they are usually pretty accurate. Where did you get your TOI from?

missinthejets

Dec 24, 2005
you think he is going to be that unsheltered? Nurse is going to eat up the big hard minutes for Edmonton like he did last season. The biggest task ceci will have is in PKing. The bottom pair will get plenty of minutes too. And again, I don't think Keith is as washed up as the hype. Behind nurse it is a good place for an old veteran to extend his career.

The Oilers D is really no worse. I mean even larsson was crap 2 season ago and at the very start of last season. He rebounded but he wasn't always the tough defensive guy he was for the back half of last season.

MessierII

Aug 10, 2011
Exactly and all three of those years he was on the bottom pairing. his first two years in Ottawa he looked like he was going to turn into a top 4 RHD. Not a 1/2D but a solid 3D. Even the next year 2016/17 when it started to come apart on him in the regular season but he had a pretty good playoffs. The following year he was on the second pairing for the whole season playing 19 to 20 minutes and it was a disaster.

He simply doesn't think the game quickly enough against top 6 forward match ups. He is always behind on coverage and struggles with breakouts. Also he is not overly physical or great at positioning in front of the net.

If he is on the second pairing he will see TOI of 19 to 20 minutes and tough minutes.

As for the TOI I just got it quickly off Cap Friendly advanced stats they are usually pretty accurate. Where did you get your TOI from?
Hockey reference Cody Ceci Stats | Hockey-Reference.com

the 3 years I referenced he played 19:17, 19:18 and 18:31 a game. That’s about in line with what he’ll play here. Those aren’t traditional bottom pair minutes.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Samorukov is probably more valuable than a late 1st as well.

Samurokov is 100% more valuable than a 1st round pick in the 20+ range. I bet if you polled Oilers fans it would be 95% in favour of Samorukov over our 2022 1st rounder.

Samorukov will be an NHLer before Broberg and the organization is really high on him. He’s a good D man and brings some physicality our D core will need in the coming years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad