News Article: CBC hit a new low. Drunk? Read this.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
Step One: Criticize CBC despite it costing Canadians very little
Step Two: Gut and cut the CBC, especially CBC Sports, to turn it into a pittance.
Step Three: Hire mediocre writers that write terrible articles that diminish the credibility of the network.
Step Four: Profit?

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
...this guy's a moron; I have a 6 year old nephew that would do a better job on the article...the funniest thing is, as pointed out earlier in this thread, that Clarkson, the worst contract in the League, didn't even make his list...the man must not watch hockey...:shakehead

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I rather have Pacces with 39 goals than Benoit Pouliot with 10 goals at the same price tag.

WaaaaaT?

*goes on capgeek, realizes Benny Poo makes 4M a year*

Holy carp, I completely forgot about that one. We have Patches for a mere 500k more than Benny freaking Poo!

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
WaaaaaT?

*goes on capgeek, realizes Benny Poo makes 4M a year*

Holy carp, I completely forgot about that one. We have Patches for a mere 500k more than Benny freaking Poo!

But come on- Benny is an advanced stats God...more important than a 40 goal scorer any day and twice on Sundays:sarcasm:

habfaninvictoria

Nov 1, 2007
Victoria BC
Looks like we're seeing the first evidence of Sportsnet's influence at CBC.

Articles like this drive reader to the site, which is good for advertisers. They needed 1 contract per team. Unfortunately, too many like this and the CBC will stop being a reliable source for information.

On the positive side if Patches contract is considered Montreal's worst (and it isn't, we still have Bourque and DD) then we're in pretty good shape. There isn't a team in the NHL that wouldn't take Patches contract.

Montreal4Life*

Wow, I would take Phaneuf at 7m over Clarkson at 5.2 any day of the week (and Phaneuf is beyond redemption, especially with that salary)

GuyGuyGuy

Aug 29, 2014
Really CBC?

If they would just follow up with another poll about the best contract of any Canadian team, and put Max in that one representing the Canadiens... He'd almost assuredly lead that poll, even among non-Hab fans.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Leaving no stone unturned ...

dj3qh.jpg

Google spills the beans.

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
LOL arguably none are bad contracts. What a horrible article

Yep, if you can't find a real bad contract in Canada why force it in an article? There's plenty of bad contracts, Clarkson being the worst in the league and Max might be one of the best contract in the league.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Step Two: Gut and cut the CBC, especially CBC Sports, to turn it into a pittance.
Step Three: Hire mediocre writers that write terrible articles that diminish the credibility of the network.

Pretty much what's happening, and I've seen it first hand.

BPD Habs Fan

Power of Positivity
Jul 2, 2014
Alexandria, Ontario

CBC is a crown corporation, when has any government entity turned a profit? I don't think that word is in their vocabulary.

The CBC is so drunk that they completely missed the boat. The USA Today did an article back in September looking at the 4 best contracts 1 in each of the NBA, MLB, NFL, NHL and guess who they chose for the NHL. (If I put it in right) The link below for anyone interested in reading it.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nhl/2014/09/22/max-pacioretty-salary-production/15687729/

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad