News Article: CBC hit a new low. Drunk? Read this.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
We'll just pretend those 15 goals weren't scored in a 48 game season or that he only played 37 games when he scored 14. Wouldn't want to look ridiculous now.

mark24

Jun 17, 2013
Honestly one of the poorest articles I've ever read. What were they thinking?

MauriceTheGreat*

Seen it on the main board, lets just pretend it don't exist.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Is overpaid the first thing that comes to your mind when you read the Following?

Contract: 5 years at $4.5 million
2013-14 stats: 39 goals, 21 assists, 60 points

No David Clarkson who is the undisputed champ here, lets single out the 39 goal scorer. Don't feel bad, they had Clark MacArthur on the list too. This guy should never be allowed to write another hockey-related article ever again.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
As for the Sedins not producing in the playoffs. Uh...

2013: 3 points in 4 games for both of them
2012: 5 points in 5 games for Henrik, 2 in 2 for Daniel (he was recovering from a concussion that season)

While their new contracts look bad if they maintain their meager, Tortorella infused, production last year. They haven't had any problems previously. Sure, they could do better in the playoffs, but they're still producing.

**** it, I'll defend Phaneuf. Yes, he struggled this season. What do you expect from a guy paired with the offensive blackhole that is Gunnarsson? The year prior he put up 28 points in 48 games and 44 in 82. For a defenseman, those are good numbers. 7M was steep once upon a time, but as more defensemen bigger get dollars. It won't look that bad for the Leafs.

CBC... go home, you are drunk.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
One of the dumbest things I've read recently. The fact that Clarkson isn't on that list makes it even dumber.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
hahahahah this is expert level trolling by cbc, classic cbc stuff can't wait till that ****ing wait till they crash and burn, it's coming

GordonGraham

Sep 12, 2009
They are right its one of the worst contract out there but not for the team , for the player

He's getting screwed big time

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Lmao... Horrible article.

Even for the Leafs, I'd rather have Phaneuf at 7 than Clarkson at whatever the hell he's making.

Goldthorpe

Meditating Guru
Jan 22, 2003
Montreal
It's a poll.

They had to pick a habs player... now obviously, I think they are wrong in thinking Patches is a bad contract, but the point is, there aren't a lot of other candidate with the habs.

Just vote Phaneuf for worst contract in the bunch, which is what I did, as well as 53.55% of repondants.

Patches is at 1.94%... the lowest of all.

Relax.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
It's a poll.

They had to pick a habs player... now obviously, I think they are wrong in thinking Patches is a bad contract, but the point is, there aren't a lot of other candidate with the habs.

Just vote Phaneuf for worst contract in the bunch, which is what I did, as well as 53.55% of repondants.

Relax.

He has one of the best contracts in the league. This is CBC not some third rate amateur blog. You don't think it's okay to hold them to a higher standard?

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
It's a poll.

Relax.
70 people actually think Patches is on a bad contract, I'm very concerned with their mental health.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Clarke MacArthur, Ottawa Senators
■Contract: 1 year at $3.25 million, 3 years at $4.65 million

This is also wrong, it's 5 years.

Also, the sedins on there and a bunch of other crap. WTF...

I'd love the sedins in mtl.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
It's a poll.

Relax.

It's not a poll. The people listed are by the author then people choose. The voting shows people don't agree but the author is still nuts.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
While they HAD to pick 1 Habs player...geez, I think I'd pick Moen or Prust ahead of Pacioretty.....I'd certainly pick Emelin though he could make a lot of people eat some crow this coming season. I would personnally, and while I have nothing against the guy compared to a lot of people, also mention DD 'cause I have NO idea how that was a negotiation. Just impossible that Desharnais was asking for more and they came to THAT agreement. And for that alone, it makes it a bad contract. Just seemed to me that Bergevin offered, DD accepted.

There's just so many people to think before you come up with Pacioretty's name, that this article isn't really Worth all the time it's getting....

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Did this guy like hack in to the CBC website and just post an article he wrote up in 30 seconds or something? If this is what CBC is going to be bringing to the hockey world this season than they better just close up shop.

canadiensnation

Jun 11, 2011
GTA
Max Pacioretty, Montreal Canadiens

Contract: 5 years at $4.5 million (actually good contract for 30+ goal scorer)
2013-14 stats: 39 goals, 21 assists, 60 points

While 39 goals is nothing to sneeze at, Mad Max is signed for the next five years and seems to have a bad season every other year (What? how? this makes no sense at all, but okay.). His goal totals the last four years are 39 (in 73 GP), 15 (in 44 GP, also had 39 PTS) , 33 (in 79 GP) and 14 (in 37 GP, Injured most of the season) — although when he plays a full season he usually produces. (So your contradicting your own article?)

There is absolutely no basis of this notion, statistics do not support his statement...this is so bizarre that CBC would even publish this.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad