CBA Update- per Eklund edit: even more news

Discussion in 'Fugu's Business of Hockey Forum' started by Kukla, Jun 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
View Users: View Users
  1. Kukla

Kukla Registered User

self employed
    Home Page:
    Nothing yet to report...they went extremely late last night, and so far no one is responding to my queries...stay tuned
    I wanted to quick say that our message board is thriving these days traffic wise...We have some great hockey people posting over there with great insight...visit it....[
    # posted by Eklund @ 9:59 AM

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  2. no13matssundin

no13matssundin Registered User

3. Greschner4

Greschner4 Registered User

Didn't Eklund's "agreement in principle" last winter ruin his credibility forever? The guy doesn't have a clue.

4. eSabre

eSabre Registered User

Student
    Home Page:

Last edited by moderator Gee Wally: Jun 24, 2005
  5. Oilers Ent

Oilers Ent Registered User

Seller of America's most
    Home Page:
    I can see it's going to take a while for some people to get used to Eklund being legit.

I'm still waiting for Brooks and Strachan to become legit myself :)

6. octopi

octopi Registered User

As was my understanding, but for some reason, some people think he's in the know. :dunno:

7. bcrt2000

bcrt2000 Registered User

Ek had the news that the PA is ceasing to seek union certification 20 minutes before TSN had it

edit: i should have mentioned it was Greg Wyshynski which mentioned that Eklund broke the news first, I didn't pull it out of my ass... whether or not is accurate, to me actually it doesn't matter, because nonetheless, eklund's blog is entertaining, and its helped fans get through the lockout without going insane.. yes theres a lot of untrue rumors and a lot of opinion, but thats what it is, a blog site which his hockey rumors

http://www.sportsfanmagazine.com/sfm/articles.html?id=1672 <-- Wyshynski's article

Last edited: Jun 24, 2005
  8. WC Handy*

WC Handy* Guest

Did it ruin ESPN's credibilty? The Hockey News' credibilty? EJ Hradek's credibility?

9. bcrt2000

bcrt2000 Registered User

lets add Bill Watters and Glenn Healy to that list as well

10. Motown Beatdown

Motown Beatdown Need a slump buster

Home Page:
    What ruined his credibility is when he blog started he claimed he worked for two NHL teams. He's either a Lair or Fraud take your pick.

11. bbad

bbad Registered User

Come-on like there hasn't been anyone else on these boards who's been wrong before. I just enjoy hearing anything hockey after a year without the game and if someone can pass me any info on a possible return to watching the NHL then I'll be happy to hear it. I don't expect anyone to be right all the time as long as they are trying to pass on deceint info for all the others that share their passon for the game. But ask me again in two weeks :sarcasm: .

12. nomorekids

nomorekids The original, baby

Home Page:
    Oh, well if EKLUND says it.

I hear that everything he says is suddenly true!

13. Greschner4

Greschner4 Registered User

"Eklund" wrote "agreement in principle" several weeks before the final weekend.

The erroneous reports by the people you cite hurt their crediblity, but they've reported actual news for a lot of years. Eklund hasn't done anything of the sort.

14. Scoogs

Scoogs Registered User

This is hardly a CBA update. This is just what Eklund likes to write in his daily dairy.

A thread title that says "CBA Update" should have some information. Not "Nothing yet to report"..

15. WC Handy*

WC Handy* Guest

Last I heard attacking members of the board was against the rules. You'd think a moderator would know this better than anyone.

16. dawgbone

dawgbone Registered User

I'd hardly call that an attack...

17. Belgian Fan

Belgian Fan Registered User

Lawyer
    Home Page:
    That was not exactly a personal attack was it?

It's not because the blog has been granted legitimacy for discussion that everyone has to agree with what Eklund says. As long as the disagreement stays within the rules there's no problem.

18. nomorekids

nomorekids The original, baby

Home Page:

I didn't attack anyone. If Larry Brooks or Al Strachan joined, would we suddenly start pretending like we believed eveything they wrote?

It's worth noting that I award more credibility to both of them, by the way. I have no problem with Eklund the man. I have a whole heap of problems with his blog, though.

19. free0717

free0717 Registered User

Well, this time Eklund is right, nothing new to report however, if they are meeting past 11 pm, I would think they are close to finishing. I bet they meet this weekend and get and agreement in principal prior to the end of the weekend.

20. Scoogs

Scoogs Registered User

I personally think this was a bad move by the mods, to allow his stuff to be posted as legit news.

I'm not necessarily saying he is a fraud, but that the amount of locked threads will be going up. People are always going to be disputing him.

21. ColoradoHockeyFan

ColoradoHockeyFan Registered User

I don't really take any of this too seriously (I pretty much go along with Bob McKenzie's confirmation that there's a mixture of legit stuff and unreliable stuff in the blog), but I did find a few things in this article entertaining. First of all, this to me was the funniest line in the piece:

Regarding this alleged "break" of the certification story:

The story had already been reported on many updates on Mojo 640 Toronto long before he posted it. It was even already being discussed by posters as a legitimate news story before it emerged as a breaking "rumor" on the blog.

And this one was worth a chuckle. Considering how much time the author spends criticizing the blog's errors in spelling/grammar/typos, it's comical that one of the earliest paragraphs in his own article includes this (among other errors in the piece):

22. habfan4

habfan4 Registered User

Systems Analyst
    Home Page:
    Set aside the legitimacy of Eklund question for a moment.

Are these "nothing to report" threads really necessary?

23. Ill take that bet.

I just can't see how they will get an agreement done prior to midnight on Sunday. Even if they did, given the level of silence lately I doubt very much that you or I would know about it.
    They could possibly already have an agreement in principle, but I don't think that is gonna be good enough to warrant a PC. It smells more like they will wait until they have all i's crossed and T's dotted before we hear anything official.

Until that happens, it could still do a Burkie and fly South.

24. nyrmessier011

nyrmessier011 Registered User

Everybody has to stop...these are the best hockey message boards and don't deserve this nonsense crap.

Eklund, you obviously haven't been able to prove to everyone here that your legit. I believe that you have some credibility, but your going to need to prove it. If you have a story which is real and credible, post it here, otherwise keep it to your site.

As for everybody else, don't start threads with Eklund news anymore. Leave it to Eklund himself because I'm pretty sure the guy is aware he's not winning any popularity contests on these boards. If he has a very credible, solid story, he will post a thread here. Hell, we would all be happy to hear what inside stuff you have, but don't BS us trying to be some memeber of the media and having the first story so you can say it's yours first. We don't like the media very much this year (minus bob mckenzie, your the man) I'm sure the man wants to prove he's legit, so let's allow him and only him to do so.

25. Agreed this is a site for predominately for news and discussion, not rumors.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.