CBA Update- per Eklund edit: even more news

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResidentAlien*

slats432 said:
I didn't want to get into this debate, but this "jealousy" thing really peeves me. I don't have any want to be like Eklund, want to have what he has, etc etc. Isn't that what jealousy is?
That is what Jealousy is, but it many times comes disguised as hatred, bitterness etc..not saying that s you..just saying.
Mike Modano will go down for the rest of his career based on one stupid comment about dog food as a selfish jerk. Well as far as credibility Eklund has to build that back up with some people who question him.

I want Eklund to be honest. I want Eklund to be responsible. I wouldn't mind if he used a real name instead of some psuedonym to make him seem more important than he really is.

I want Eklund to quit treating the whole CBA thing as if it is a big conspiracy and he is Deep Throat. I want him to stop posting nothing when he has nothing to say rather than say "I don't have nothing...more to come."

I don't expect any of this to come true, and those who have problem and issues with Eklund have a right to question legitimacy. If a guy is full of fecal matter, hundreds of intelligent, articulate posters on HF are going to call them on it. That is why we are the best on the net. The most intelligent insightful people are right here.

We want people who suggest they are credible media and complain loudly on their site when HF rules block their usage, but when push comes to shove, they hide behind the guise of anonymity.

I am not jealous of Eklund.....I want the truth....

"You can't handle the truth"- Colonel Jessup. :D
Im not debating, merely adding my answer to a question posed....but..

That is what Jealousy is, but it many times comes disguised as hatred, bitterness etc..not saying that s you..just saying.

The Modano quote .,..stupid?? u bet..do i know him? no, so I let someone else pass judgement, if you think thats you..have at it.

Honesty? responsibilty?..I dont know he is not being honest with what "rumors.RUMORS he hears.. responsible?..hell he is entertainment I dont expect much hence im not too disappointed.

I think you do have the right to question ANYONES legitimacy, I guess how some do it is where the jealousy word starts to get dropped.

I never once said in any post said that we shouldnt question him, or call him on it, I merely said that if you are blind to the fact that he now..for whatever reason ..has real sources, then you havent paid attention or are blinded by jealousy.
Im glad that someone with sources is at least talking. face it you get more updates..even if they are empty, or Nothing now..stay tuned, from his blog then any other source...so maybe he is being honest(nothing to report) and we dont like it.

bcrt2000

Feb 17, 2005
Lard_Lad said:
Help me out here, can you point out where in there Buffaloed is "sanctioning the blog as a legitimate news source"? He's saying that it's OK to post links to Eklund's stories and discuss them, but I don't see the endorsement of Eklund's credibility that you and Eklund seem to think has occurred.

holy flying accusations batman!

no one said eklund was a legitimate news source or an illegitimate news source

you said he claimed he was a "legitimate news source"-- i pointed out that all eklund says is he falls under a legitimate news source category under hfboards now

and also-- what is your definition of "legitimate news source"? does it mean that all of his stories are accurate? or that he posts what he hears from his sources, whether or not its accurate? i never claimed eklund was accurate or he had good credibility.

heres buffaloed's sticky post about allowing discussions about eklund's blog: http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=126824

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
ResidentAlien said:
I would say that some people if not jealous, certainly have a major bug up there butt about the popularity he has acquired. That can look or appear a lot like jealousy. I would bet my Beer budget that at least a few people that constantly bash him( some in a childish manner IMO)would give both testes to be in the position he is in now.
I'll take that bet.

ResidentAlien*

HF2002 said:
I'll take that bet.
Your on! Course we couldnt get anyone to admit it, and there maybe the problem of some of them not having testes, or they havent dropped. :biglaugh:

19nazzy I'd give my testes to be in Bob McKenzie's position.

you might have a hard time finding any takers

not quite yoda

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I think that too many people around here spend too much time talking about Eklund. I also think that Eklund is loving the attention. I also notice that every time Eklund starts a thread it is only to promote his blog and create more atention for himself and therefore everyone of those threads have been locked. I also think that Eklund is only around HF to create more of a name for himself and not to discuss the REAL HOCKEY (or BUSINESS OF HOCKEY) issues like Mr. Mckenzie does. (see all of Eklund's posts for evidence).

Conclusion: we should all stop talking about him and focus on decripting the NHL's CBA smoke signals instead.

That's just my 2 cents.

Last edited:

HF2002

Aug 20, 2003
Ottawa
Visit site
ResidentAlien said:
Your on! Course we couldnt get anyone to admit it, and there maybe the problem of some of them not having testes, or they havent dropped. :biglaugh:

19nazzy I'd give my testes to be in Bob McKenzie's position.

you might have a hard time finding any takers
So... I've won the bet already?

I'm going to require a certified cheque. How much beer do you drink?

ResidentAlien*

HF2002 said:
So... I've won the bet already?

I'm going to require a certified cheque. How much beer do you drink?

err...how did you win??;)
I usually have one or two a month...I'll just paypal ya :D

edit: The Macho Man, nailed it..let's move on!

Lard_Lad

May 12, 2003
Kelowna
Visit site
bcrt2000 said:
no one said eklund was a legitimate news source or an illegitimate news source

you said he claimed he was a "legitimate news source"-- i pointed out that all eklund says is he falls under a legitimate news source category under hfboards now

Show me where Buffaloed has called him a legitimate news source. Eklund claims he "sanctioned" him as one. I don't see it. All I see is a decision to allow posting and comments about Eklund's blog, now that some identifiable party will be hosting it in the future.

and also-- what is your definition of "legitimate news source"? does it mean that all of his stories are accurate? or that he posts what he hears from his sources, whether or not its accurate? i never claimed eklund was accurate or he had good credibility.

I'd call a news source legitimate if it verifies the accuracy of the things that it reports, and properly identifies itself to the people it's reporting them to. We're agreed, then, that based on that definition Eklund isn't a legitimate news source?

Crazy_Ike

Cookin' with fire.
Mar 29, 2005
God, enough about Eklund already... obsessive doesn't begin to describe some of you people.

:dunce:

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Okay...this horse is as dead as dead can be.....To continually go around in circles serves no useful purpose.

You all have had a say...let out some steam...those that understand and actually read the rules and Buffaloed's revision ..you have my thanks.

Now, I'm closing this ...from here on in..It will be hockey and the content of what's being reported...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad