• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
lol smh how many Norrises has Rielly won

I remember hearing he would win the Norris each season
Great false equivalency. Remind me, what's Galchenyuk's career-high for points in a season? Pretty sure its dramatically lower than Rielly's 72 posted as a defender.

I remember hearing for ages how Galchenyuk was a franchise center, how he should have got a World Cup of Hockey spot over Matthews, etc. Now he's a guy who floats around the league despite still being in his prime. To act like only one side of the equation over hypes their prospects is ridiculous. I'll acknowledge Leafs fans are guilty of it, considering we probably have the largest online presence of fans, but Habs fans are too, and you'd have to be blind or illiterate to ignore that and act like it's a one way street.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
lol smh how many Norrises has Rielly won

I remember hearing he would win the Norris each season
He said Rielly turned out better than Galchenyuk which is accurate and would contradict your statement that Habs players always turn out better. Try to keep up.

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
Great false equivalency. Remind me, what's Galchenyuk's career-high for points in a season? Pretty sure its dramatically lower than Rielly's 72 posted as a defender.

I remember hearing for ages how Galchenyuk was a franchise center, how he should have got a World Cup of Hockey spot over Matthews, etc. Now he's a guy who floats around the league despite still being in his prime. To act like only one side of the equation over hypes their prospects is ridiculous. I'll acknowledge Leafs fans are guilty of it, considering we probably have the largest online presence of fans, but Habs fans are too, and you'd have to be blind or illiterate to ignore that and act like it's a one way street.

He said Rielly turned out better than Galchenyuk which is accurate and would contradict your statement that Habs players always turn out better. Try to keep up.

Hahah

Caufield paced like your beloved Matthews at the USNTP

Thing dont look good for you guys

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
Robertson has not been better since the draft. They both have done well since the draft, other than the WJC. And the WJC was because of a bumbling incompetent coach (which is why he was fired).

And re the OP, Robertson has a deadly and accurate shot too.
Yes he has, he had an all-time OHL season, and suited up in the NHL playoffs. That is pretty much inarguable.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Yeah, on a team with inflated numbers due to the coach purposefully running up numbers. But, great, keep changing topics and arguing in bad faith.
Even still, comparing a guy with zero NHL games played to a 23 year old, point-per-game player who just scored 47 goals is incredibly stupid. If we compared someone like Amirov to a comparable player to Matthews we'd be shit on beyond belief.

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
Not sure why Habs fans are arguing here. Robertson is special. He's part of a select club of elite players called "Leafs prospects".
I'm starting to take notice of that too. lol

I don't know much about Robertson except stat watching but, Caufield switched league, so comparing stats and overall contribution is even more complicated now. I like Caufield. I don't go with crazy expectations but he has an awesome shot and is learning to play a more complete game this year.

I was more intrigued if Timothy Liljegren was gonna be a nice addition to the Leafs corps. He's been blooming for a few years now with the Marlies. anyway...

Reactions: David Suzuki

acrobaticgoalie

Jun 18, 2014
I liked Caufield in his draft year and hated that the Habs drafted him. He might end up a higher producer but Robertson is a better all around player. Robertson has played in all situations and has a motor that doesn't quit. Caufield is pretty one dimsional but that one dimension is elite.

Robertson had a historic season in the OHL that put him in good company with some elite players. He also badly outplayed Caufield at the WJC. The fact that these 2 players are being compared relative to their draft positions is exciting to watch how it unfolds. Im not even gonna vote because I think its close.

Reactions: hockeynorth

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
Leafs fans are such a cult man. I can't think of a fanbase in sports who's team hasn't won a series/playoff game for 20 years and still has the audacity to troll other fan bases. Gotta give it to you lot. Sportsnet/TSN keeps you guys fed.
I mean, you set the parameters at 20 years and the Leafs and Habs have both reached a Conference Finals in the past 20 years.

I'm not bragging about it. The Leafs have not exactly been the poster child for success but you literally set the parameters at 20 years. No one else did that.

This is a wild thread. It's usually the Leafs fans making asses of themselves. Nice change of pace.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad