Caufield vs Robertson

Caufield v Robertson

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I'm not offended, I'm letting you know that it's exhausting when non-Leafs fans downplay and minimize every Leafs fans opinion solely because they are Leafs fans. The first thing you did in this thread was call out the person's opinion because the player in question was drafted by the Leafs.

The guy even said it was cool that it's even a conservation given Robertson's draft placement, indicating he was open and interested in the conversation. Then you shut him down because he's a Leafs fan.
I'm "shutting him down" because he is implying that Robertson's 1 season after the draft was so much better than Caufield's(which that on his own is laughable) that it evens out their pre-draft performances and it makes it a toss-up right now. So ya, I'm going to downplay on that ridiculous take.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Bad post because it's true? Probably because Leaf fans keep trying to shove their prospects success down everyones throat. Bad reading comprehension on your behalf. I'm not comparing KK to SDA, merely pointing out how absurd the hype of Leaf prospects are from Leaf fans. SDA does well in camp and suddenly Leaf fans are saying he is close to KK at that time. Habs fans weren't the ones brining up the comparison. I never said that it's a reasonable comparison on player evaluation, you are just further proving how you have poor reading comprehension. To say that Robertson has been better than Caufield is since the draft is not an argument that you can say is not debatable like you are trying to do.

Ya that's just flat out wrong. Several Leaf fans have called Liljegren a surefire #1 dman.
And Habs fans don't do the same? Just look at how people hyped Josh Brook last year.

Reactions: qqaz and Rob Brown

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
It's Robertson and it'll only become clearer as their careers progress.

Rob outperformed Caufiled in the WJC on the same team, was the first 18 year old rookie to debut in the playoffs and score since Iginla decades ago, and obviously shredded goal records in the OHL that were previously held by Tavares/Kane as recent examples. The "harder league" argument holds little water considering that Rob is already playing in the NHL despite being drafted an entire round+ later.

Caufield's goal scoring is also special but he's useless defensively (look at his "controller disconnected" back check last week) and plays soft (rocked open ice last week as well, doesn't engage physically, etc.). Robertson's motor, feistiness and willingness to battle in hard areas will make him a complete scoring threat in all areas of the O-zone. Also has PK potential down the line. Just a better overall player but Caufield's draft pedigree will carry him in this comparison, for now.

And Habs fans don't do the same? Just look at how people hyped Josh Brook last year.
They've conveniently stopped talking about Josh Brook after he fell off the map, but last year they were adamant that he was an equivalent prospect to Liljegren.

I've book marked the posts, it's a great laugh.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
In a fist fight? Caufield.
As a hockey player? Caufield, AINEC.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
JVR is twice the player Pacioretty will be because he dominated the WJC while Pacioretty shit to bed. Oh wait.

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Now who's not sticking to the topic? Lmao. Forgive me for saying that a 5 game sample size means nothing.
You brought up two irrelevant players in your post that wasn't in response to anyone. You're ranting after telling me I was ranting even though I was actually responding to someone. Relax. Also no one was discussing just a 5 game sample size.

habamillions

Jul 9, 2009
Ottawa
Caufield is definitely the better goal scorer. But right now robertson is the better player. But lets come back 5 years from now to see. Way too early especially considering there hasnt been very many games played recently

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Lol why has Robertson been better since the draft?

Your posts don't come across as laughter, at all. Perhaps it's time for a break.
Lol stands for laughing out loud. For the record, nobody can even answer that simple question which tells you all you need to know about this comparison.

Also no one was discussing just a 5 game sample size.
The WJC US team last year played 5 games. Many posters in fact are bringing up that 5 game sample size. People are saying he's outperformed him with no actual reasonable argument. You can't compare junior to college production, you also can't use a 5 game sample when there are tons of examples proving that WJC doesn't mean much. Scoring a goal in the playoffs, again, nothing that means much.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Not sure who exactly has based their opinion solely on Robertson outperforming Caulfield by a wide margin at last year's WJC, but sure.
Only time they've played together, one got moved up the lineup (Robertson), while one was moved down the lineup.

Robertson has been more impressive post draft and seems to have more compete and a better all around game.
This guy sound familiar to you? That's why you think he's been more impressive post draft. The compete and better all around game is just something you can't properly evaluate because even you didn't say it with certainty.

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
Funny you say that considering you're trying to argue the exact opposite regarding Caufield and Robertson. While Robertson was dominating against kids, Caufield was producing at a ppg rate against men and lead his conference in goals as a rookie. There is no doubt that Caufield would've destroyed the ohl had he played there. The same guy who holds the record for most career goals in the NTDP, and most goals in a single season, which was previously held by Kessel and Matthews.

Also, you realize that had Caufield played 1 more game in his draft-1 season, he could've beaten Matthews record then? Matthews scored 55 goals in 60 games in his draft-1 season at the NTDP, Caufield scored 54 goals in 59 games.
NCAA isn't playing against men. It's older competition but it isn't playing against men.

Reactions: qqaz

93LEAFS

Nov 7, 2009
Toronto
I never said they didn't, but I don't recall many of them saying a 2/3rd rounder is better than a top 15 pick after 1 season.
Great, they did it off of primarily one season as a 19-year-old in the CHL.

Prospects move dramatically post-draft, considering most draft-eligible players only really have two years with of valuable intel on them (3 for late-birthdays). Look at how much shift there is every year from September draft lists to the final draft.

Isaac Nootin

Sep 28, 2017
This guy sound familiar to you? That's why you think he's been more impressive post draft. The compete and better all around game is just something you can't properly evaluate because even you didn't say it with certainty.

Very clearly in my post I stated nobody based there opinion SOLELY off the WJC where Robertson was head and shoulders above Caufield. You chose to ignore that part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad