Confirmed with Link: Cassidy to VGK - per Kevin Weekes

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Cassidy wants a Cup so this is the best available option. A lot will depend on how well Jack Eichel integrates and Mark Stone's health.

From a coaching longevity standpoint, an up and coming team like the New Jersey Devils would have been the better choice because there would likely be a longer grace period, but Cassidy seems to be about winning now.,

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Good to see Cassidy land on his feet. If anything his time in Vegas should be quite an experience.

There seems to be a bit of a "what have you done for me lately/shiny new toy syndrome" going on with that organization. I hope it works out for him.
The owner of VGK and Bruce have one goal

GET THEIR NAME ON THE CUP

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Talk about going from one pressure cooker job to another. Fortunately for Cassidy Vegas is a veteran team which suits him best, but the expectation is for him to bring them the cup and soon. He could have easily accepted a job with a lot less pressure so full marks to him for accepting this type of challenge.

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Maybe Bruce can convince the GM out there they need to upgrade the bottom six and the Bruins can unload these guys

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
The funny thing about that was that there were several of us that went to the Edmonton board and warned them about what they were in for and that things would come crumbling down at the end. They thought it was just sour grapes. Little did they know that we were just trying to warn them.
Nothing has changed for Edmonton doesn’t matter who the GM is

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Cassidy wants a Cup so this is the best available option. A lot will depend on how well Jack Eichel integrates and Mark Stone's health.

From a coaching longevity standpoint, an up and coming team like the New Jersey Devils would have been the better choice because there would likely be a longer grace period, but Cassidy seems to be about winning now.,
as of today, the Knights have more of a veteran lineup which I think Cassidy is more comfortable with but that lineup also has loads of trouble staying healthy. I`m not so sure a team who just posted a DNQ will be considered a Cup contender next year, especially the Knight`s who, if not mistaken, are in cap hell right now

We all knew Butch would land somewhere quickly so good for him

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
as of today, the Knights have more of a veteran lineup which I think Cassidy is more comfortable with but that lineup also has loads of trouble staying healthy. I`m not so sure a team who just posted a DNQ will be considered a Cup contender next year, especially the Knight`s who, if not mistaken, are in cap hell right now

We all knew Butch would land somewhere quickly so good for him

That's going to be the real fun this offseason. Vegas is in the same cap situation as Toronto now. Plus like you said, they need to do something big to get cap compliant.

They are either going to lose a big piece to make room for Eichel, or they are going to gut their depth and fill the holes with league minimum or rookie deal guys.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
That's going to be the real fun this offseason. Vegas is in the same cap situation as Toronto now. Plus like you said, they need to do something big to get cap compliant.

They are either going to lose a big piece to make room for Eichel, or they are going to gut their depth and fill the holes with league minimum or rookie deal guys.
yep, Butch is used to mix and match lineups, next man up kinda stuff. Not so sure the window in Vegas is open much longer , Stone with a ton of hard miles on him at 30 yrs, Patch 33-34 I think, Piet the same, we shall see, if anything, we know their owner likes making big splash so spending money won`t be an issue, not that it was in Boston, it`s who the B`s spent it on that was the issue

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
I never found any info about Bruce's background but being from Ontario with his tan skin tone and the way his eyes are shaped, I always assumed he had some indigenous ancestry. But that's just speculation on my part, I've never seen it as fact.
He looks like my uncle and we have speculated that but our family history on the Quebec side is uncertain. Poor guy couldn't make it into the NHL due to his size (center) so had to go play pro in europe. Would have made it these days but the 80s was a different time. Now just destroys beer leaguers these days and teaches power skating.

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Perfect landing spot for him with a ton of vets and talent.

Wouldn't buy property out there since they've shown shelf life on a HC is 2 seasons.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Wonder how long until that roster turns on Lady Byng? In the meantime he will never play Keegan Kolesar again so offer Vegas Nosek for Kolesar.

Reactions: BlackFrancis

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
In both Boston and Vegas Bruce is handed a ton of talent. Glad he landed on his feet.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad