Confirmed with Link: Cassidy to VGK - per Kevin Weekes

crimsonace

Mar 7, 2010
Indianapolis, IN
Happy to see Bruce landing on his feet. Also must have been a good offer when he immediately jumped at it and not sitting out the year collecting the B's money.

Now Vegas got more interesting for next year. Will probably root for them now to some degree.
I watch a lot of VGK games because of Dave Goucher & Shane Hnidy. Looks like I have another reason to do so.

Reactions: Fenway and Gordoff

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
I lived there for four years and you are correct. Stay away from the strip and you got great neighborhoods and local entertainment

Yup, never go to the Strip except for the occasional concert. The rest of the valley is regular suburbia.

Plus tons of nature and outdoor things to do in and around town.

Yeah the heat is terrible for 6-8 weeks from mid July to mid September. But it's no different than losing 6-8 weeks to the frigid temps in Jan and Feb in New England.

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
Yup, never go to the Strip except for the occasional concert. The rest of the valley is regular suburbia.

Plus tons of nature and outdoor things to do in and around town.

Yeah the heat is terrible for 6-8 weeks from mid July to mid September. But it's no different than losing 6-8 weeks to the frigid temps in Jan and Feb in New England.
Exactly

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
The speed with which Cassidy was hired tells you how he's viewed by the rest of the league.

Good luck to him. Like most others here I think Vegas will suit him. Experienced roster that is willing to play hard and wants to win. Will be interesting to see how he handles coaching a bigger, more inherently physical group. Challenges will be that the Knights' roster is a bit top-heavy, and they have some cap issues to sort out that could impact what Butch has to work with. And ownership/management will be expecting instant results, so the pressure will be on. For his sake, hope he's up to it.

Terrier

Sep 30, 2003
Newton, MA
Visit site
Good luck to Bruce, great spot for him, although the backyard rink may have to be of the roller variety.

1655260705146.png

Last edited:

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
The funny thing about that was that there were several of us that went to the Edmonton board and warned them about what they were in for and that things would come crumbling down at the end. They thought it was just sour grapes. Little did they know that we were just trying to warn them.
Actually, a handful of them came back here and apologized after Chia started making some weird moves.
We were right and their horror was just beginning to down on the.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Everybody seems to be missing the big story here: Jeremy Jacobs just saved (reportedly) $3 million that Cassidy was entitled to collect if he didn't sign on with another team.

Reactions: Ratty and TCB

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Agree with others that VGK is a good fit for Bruce. I knew Yzerman was giving him a hard look, but the team makeup in Detroit doesn't seem like something that was a good fit for Bruce. Vegas lacked intensity when it mattered this season. That'll change under Bruce. DeBoer is very mediocre. Cassidy is at least a notch above that. Best of luck to him.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Everybody seems to be missing the big story here: Jeremy Jacobs just saved (reportedly) $3 million that Cassidy was entitled to collect if he didn't sign on with another team.
I think that was a pretty safe bet either way though, would have been interesting to see where that money was gonna come out of.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Good Luck Bruce!

You couldn't pay me to live there. Kind of sucks for his family

Bruce will most likely settle in a suburb like Summerlin that has a very good school system.

Goucher had reservations about relocating there and now loves it.

Vegas was leaning towards hiring Trotz but held off waiting to see what the Bruins would do about Cassidy.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Going from a great team to a great team is nice for Cassidy.

Edit, & by great team I only mean the roster, zero respect for that management

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I lived there for a few years. It wasn’t bad. Once you are away from the Strip/tourist traps it is a place much like any other. If desert heat don’t suit you, then yeah it will suck.
I hate the heat. I went to Vegas once (the first time the Bs played there). I don't want to live anywhere where water is an issue.

It was interesting to see but not anywhere I would want to bring up a child or live myself.

Best of luck to Bruce. Seems like a good guy to me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dr Hook

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Good to see Cassidy land on his feet. If anything his time in Vegas should be quite an experience.

There seems to be a bit of a "what have you done for me lately/shiny new toy syndrome" going on with that organization. I hope it works out for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad