Post-Game Talk: Cascadians 5, Calgarians 1: Schroeder scores his first (and his second)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottrockztheworld*

Can we trade 3 straight President's Trophies for a Stanley Cup in a pawn shop or something?

Pawn-Stars-Rich_240.jpg

"I'm not too sure, I got a guy who knows more about this stuff... but I'm thinking no."

nameless1

Apr 29, 2009
It was funny, i think hughson asked him if he imagined his first nhl goal like that, and he responded that he imagined toe dragging it passed 4 guys and going top shelf.

Oake asked how Schroeder would describe his first goal to his grand kids.

Sometimes Oake asks the weirdest questions...
But he is pretty well-versed.
I still remember that he knew what Bieksa referred to when he quoted "Shots".

HighAndTight

Ready To Be Hurt Again
Jan 12, 2008
Victoria, BC
So am i, i know weiss will get priority because av goes with who is more familiar with, but volpatti brings to me more of what we need on the 4th, better fighter, harder hitter.

Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this.

I'm also liking Volpatti when that line gets in the offensive zone. He seems to get the puck in the high slot a lot and know to get a lane and throw it on net.

ProstheticConscience

Check dein Limit
Apr 30, 2010
Canuck Nation
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1344655&page=4

Me in the pregame thread right there^^^^^ said:
5-1 Canucks.

Where's the love? Huh? Huh huh? I got this one. :sarcasm: Okay, my premonition had Schroeder and Raymond mixed up, but I still called that. :laugh:

-----------------------------------

Best Canucks game so far this year. Passing was much tighter, execution was much better, good to see the boys getting it done. The Sedin line was oozing confidence. You can see them finding their feet again. Bieksa had a few Casual Kev moments, but redeemed himself with a goal.

Massive kudos to Schroeder. :yo:

Very few warts in the game tonight outside the first period.

As suspected, we made Calgary's backup look like Ken Dryden at first, but we triumphed in the end. Now we know what our PP needed: more Schroeder!

Very little critical to say outside the 1st period of sloppy play.

w000000000000t! :handclap:

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
Glad I'm not the only one that noticed this.

I'm also liking Volpatti when that line gets in the offensive zone. He seems to get the puck in the high slot a lot and know to get a lane and throw it on net.

AV is trusting Weise with ~30 seconds of PK time per game.

#TeamWeise

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
That was the worst Hansen has looked in a long long time.

Aside from the obvious (Schroeder and the Sedins), the biggest positive to take out of this game is that Higgins and Lapierre look like they're back on track again, and Kassian doesn't look useless next to them.

Also, this might be a little crazy here, but am I the only one here who thinks that while Weise's skating and hustle has improved dramatically, he looks less effective than last year overall? It seems like he's trying so hard to be the next Hansen that he's forgetting to make simple 4th line plays. I'm not complaining, but I definitely don't think he's made as much of an improvement as we were hoping for.

Scottrockztheworld*

You know the team is rolling when the discussion is about the 12/13th forward. :laugh:

So stoked for Schroeder!

Balls Mahoney

2015-2016 HF Premier League World Champion
Aug 14, 2008
Legend
I'm not going to admit its mine twitter account but I will talk in the first person about it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad