Confirmed with Link: Carp Retires

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
furloghed going on 6 months and im chomping at the bit to get to work. i have 6 companies willing to hire me but i have to wait until the construction projects start and they keep getting delayed.

Back on topic. Seemed like carp was tired and over the work and it showed. Put in a young gun like Vince. Hes what in his 3rd or 4th year? He should start to develop more sources now that hes been around a few yrs and is known

Technically it's "champing at the bit" :) More importantly, I hope you get back to work soon.

KingDeathMetal

Jun 7, 2015
Long Island, NY
Carp absolutely sucked. Even in his "prime" he was a garbage writer. Never broke a major story, never had a scoop, didn't provide any kind of insightful analysis, and had a bad attitude to boot. Good riddance.

Roo Returns

Skjeikspeare No More
Mar 4, 2010
Westchester, NY
Nah he’s complete dogshit and the way he was this past year was a joke and unprofessional. Literally no one will miss him.

Carp let many of us guest blog here in the LoHud days.

He was also one of the top 2-3 beat reporters during the 80s-early 2000s and then again in 2007 when Sam Weinman left.

He's always been very kind and pleasant to me in interactions. He will be missed.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012
Before you leave Rick, can we hear more about what really happened with Lemieux, what your sources had to say about the Drury/Kravtsov incident and any of the other little tidbits you teased but never fully reported?
find out in his 'tell-all' book.

NJRangers35

Apr 11, 2011
staple didn't tweet once about the rangers today. how can he possibly be covering the team full time for the athletic. unacceptable for the athletic to ask us to pay money but then only hire one person to cover 2 teams.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad