GDT: carolina @ washington - Game 7

Saekk

Jul 25, 2017
At least take solace in the fact you won't have the reffing crew from San Jose in WAS tonight. Because there can't possibly be refs that bad around the rest of the NHL, ...can there? :sarcasm:

I fell asleep last night after the "high stick" (IMO) VGK goal that wasn't overturned, and woke up at just into the 1st OT (18:41 remaining).

Makes for better drama tomorrow to be able to report the Canes upset. ;)

Good luck!!!
I was "lucky" and couldn't sleep last night, so i opened the Vegas game stream on the 2nd intermission.

Best sleepless night so far, ngl.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
UE5bd27.gif

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Nope.

Unknown mod: this is not your thread. It's ours. If you want to poke at thread titles, do it somewhere else.

I changed it back. And will continue to do so if necessary.

It's the principle of the thing. You don't **** with mojo, and the mods went out of their way to do just that.

Here's my thinking. Our style is to do a minimum effort GDT because a max-effort GDT usually leads to a minimum effort from the team. If Hank *creates* the min effort GDT, IT'S NOT ON US that somebody else changes it. As a matter of fact, constantly changing it back makes it more than minimum effort. IMO, the requirement of a minimum-effort GDT was fulfilled the *instant* Hank posted it. What happens after that is of no consequence.

Ah. Or play better and do a better job at shutting them down and take the crowd out of it. But i chop your useless smug post up to your desperate need for clout with that post/like ratio.

I really dislike Patrick Sharp, but he said something last night that I liked. He said that as a visiting team in the playoffs, you always have to keep in mind that you're probably not playing as badly as the crowd makes it seem. Sharp has played in enough playoff games to get that. Our guys probably haven't, but I hope they try.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Here's my thinking. Our style is to do a minimum effort GDT because a max-effort GDT usually leads to a minimum effort from the team. If Hank *creates* the min effort GDT, IT'S NOT ON US that somebody else changes it. As a matter of fact, constantly changing it back makes it more than minimum effort. IMO, the requirement of a minimum-effort GDT was fulfilled the *instant* Hank posted it. What happens after that is of no consequence.

Here's my thinking. Hockey fans (sports fans in general) are a superstitious bunch. They do stupid stuff in the hopes that it some how affects a team's chance for victory. It's illogical, but ultimately harmless.

Mods/admins for a site for hockey fans should know this, and let those fans have their superstitions, rather than f***ing around with them in a weak attempt to affect SEO metrics. ESPECIALLY considering the site can't handle the amount of users it has already on busy days in the league (FA/Trade deadline)

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Mods/admins for a site for hockey fans should know this, and let those fans have their superstitions, rather than ****ing around with them in a weak attempt to affect SEO metrics. ESPECIALLY considering the site can't handle the amount of users it has already on busy days in the league (FA/Trade deadline)

You forgot Leafs elimination day.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
Stay with me, I have some complicated and mystical "math" to share.

giphy.gif

1) "Math"ematical Prophecy #1: Justin Restores his Perfect Game 7 Record:

Justin Williams had an impeccable 7-0 record in game 7s. then he played for the caps and--rightfully--lost, making it a 7-1 record. Stay with me now, this is where it gets complex.

7-0= 7
7-1 = 6.

He needs 1 more to get back to 7.

Tonight he will win his 8th game 7 so that he will actually be back to a perfect Mr. Game 7 again.

2) "Math"ematical Prophecy 2: Nino and Aho have big games:
Nino (on the Islanders) and Aho both scored their 1st ever NHL goals against the Caps. It comes full circle tonight with an epic game.

3) "Math"ematical Prophecy 3: The Devil's Mark:

For some inexplicable reasons that needs to be punished, the Caps let Trotz get away after giving them their first Cup in....::checks notes:: EVER! He had a 4 year contract which would have been extended 2 more years (for peanuts and leftover kleenex) after winning the Cup. 3 days after he left, the Isles scooped him up.

Pay attention, I don't want to lose anyone.

4 + 2 = 6.

3 = 3.

This mark of the hockey devil appeared after our last game: (The NJ Devils Won the Draft Lottery)

6 6 6 point leaders canes lol.jpg

3. 6s. The Capitals may be cursed and Trotz's exit avenged.

Now, I know this has been some very elevated "math", but trust me, there is a very good chance they may come to pass.

tenor.gif

ETA: As someone posted on twitter, the projected temperature tonight in DC is 74:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

BillPrep

Jun 2, 2016
heres hoping I didnt use up all my luck rooting for ManCity (SUCK IT, UNITED) today...(I stopped asking for goals after the first one)...and your boys kick the living shit out of the caps tonight...

GO CANES!!!

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
The Canes will win, or lose, regardless of our little mojo games. We all know this.

We also know that that's not the point.

We come here to have fun. Even yelling at Kev is super fun. We're in it together.

Never forget rule #1 of the internet, though: if you're not the customer, you're the service.

If for SOME REASON y'all don't see me around again, just fyi: I'm gregdek on Twitter and Reddit.

Go Canes! ;)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad