Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Why would they? At least they really are the favorite... Not like the Pens Isles...
No respect is in our blood to get respect we must kick some tail... so Win this and get some.

I mean, they’re the home team in a Game 7. If for no other reason, they should be favored because of that.

I mean, there is favoring happening. By the league. Washington is being favored.

The league is favoring, and flaunting. Flavoring and... vaunting.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Today we send seismic waves through the NHL by defeating the Capitals and the refs to move on to face the Islanders.

Take Warning indeed.
At least take solace in the fact you won't have the reffing crew from San Jose in WAS tonight. Because there can't possibly be refs that bad around the rest of the NHL, ...can there? :sarcasm:

Woo, i'm already ready for this!

Took a nice nap so i don't fall asleep during the game.
I fell asleep last night after the "high stick" (IMO) VGK goal that wasn't overturned, and woke up at just into the 1st OT (18:41 remaining).

"Washington favored to advance to Eastern Conference Second Round"

Hurricanes-Capitals Game 7 debated by NHL.com

They are not even trying to hide it.
Makes for better drama tomorrow to be able to report the Canes upset. ;)

Good luck!!!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I mean, there is favoring happening. By the league. Washington is being favored.

The league is favoring, and flaunting. Flavoring and... vaunting.

Funny, if you follow the NHL Twitter account, they’ve done a lot of tweeting about the Canes today, and all the comments underneath are from Caps fans talking about how they’re favoring the Canes.

It’s not the league’s fault Martinook is such a likable guy!

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I want Carolina to win just to see how the ratings are impacted.

Yes, the casuals will go away (as usual), and the people at NBC will hate that, but you know what? Playoffs that are just chalk are boring.

If anything NBC is probably thrilled that there's no Canada the rest of these playoffs.

Plus, Boston is still alive and Dallas and San Jose are big-ish markets. Islanders will probably draw some eyeballs too.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
A win tonight goes a long way towards the Canes offseason reputation IMO. Canes need to be in Round 2 showcasing their defense to Round 1 losers Toronto, Tampa, and Pittsburgh. Plus upsetting the defending Cup champs under Rod's direction is a great storyline to draw interest from potential UFA targets. Lot of talent out there saying they want to go somewhere they can win.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad