GDT: Carolina @ Vegas 10PM EST

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
More Reimer on Tuesday?
He should. In spite of the many goals tonight (the one very bad) and some of the freak outs, he's been great recently. And he wins. I know it was a tough game on all of us, but I sometimes wonder if people are blacking out when Reimer's recent stats are shown (not you, just some of the more emotional responses tonight).

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
He should. In spite of the many goals tonight (the one very bad) and some of the freak outs, he's been great recently. And he wins. I know it was a tough game on all of us, but I sometimes wonder if people are blacking out when Reimer's recent stats are shown (not you, just some of the more emotional responses tonight).

The other one (a certain star goalie) let in 5 too, and then 2 in the shootout. We had the better goalie tonight, and he gets another W. I hope Rod stays with the hot hand Reimer for now.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
On the other hand, he went full Ty Conklin late in the 3rd

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
gardiner has been an absolute stud since dougie went down. i would have traded him for a bag of hammers at christmas. let the smart people do their jobs.

Patience is, shall we say, a virtue. Our defensive system is one of the most unusual of any current team in the NHL. As proven by Dougie and now Gardiner, it take some time to get defensemen, even guys as offensively talented as them, to play as aggressively on the offensive end without losing their shot suppression skills.

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
reimer impressed me tonight by staying in the fight. that was a veteran performance. the narrative is totally different if he doesn't stop that buzzer beater prior to the shootout. he's winning me over a little bit to the idea that we might have a legitimate league average starter. it feels like they're trying to maintain the illusion that mrazek hasn't lost the job, but the disparity between the two is starting to become more well defined. it's his job to lose right now.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
reimer impressed me tonight by staying in the fight. that was a veteran performance. the narrative is totally different if he doesn't stop that buzzer beater prior to the shootout. he's winning me over a little bit to the idea that we might have a legitimate league average starter. it feels like they're trying to maintain the illusion that mrazek hasn't lost the job, but the disparity between the two is starting to become more well defined. it's his job to lose right now.
Gotta run with one goalie eventually heading towards playoffs. Reimer hasn’t even really been given a chance even though he has definitely earned it. I would give him 8 out of next 10 or so and see what he can do.

Reactions: Tryamw and zman77

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
I think they go with Reimer again on Tuesday to close out the road trip bc he's earned it. I see them going back to Mrazek at home on Friday to see if they can give him a confidence boost against NJ. He plays better at home anyways. However Mrazek plays, Reimer should play against the Oilers after that though.

Reactions: Tryamw and zman77

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad