GDT: Carolina @ Vegas 10PM EST

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
Think of how frustrated Flyers fans have to be right now. That's keeping me warm tonight.

tbh, we are the ones who should be frustrated that they and Columbus are right up there with us in the standings. Its disgraceful.

Fun game to watch, but damn. Agita. Although I couldn't be more impressed with all their shootout victories this year. It has to be a team record by now, yes?

Reactions: zman77 and Tryamw

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
gardiner has been an absolute stud since dougie went down. i would have traded him for a bag of hammers at christmas. let the smart people do their jobs.
Stud is a very strong word and he hasn’t been a stud. The difference between pre and post Hamilton injury Gardiner is how often he is paired with Pesce. We don’t see as many issues with Pesce as his partner.

Unless he starts putting up points regularly, I hope we move him.

Reactions: zman77

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Stud is a very strong word and he hasn’t been a stud. The difference between pre and post Hamilton injury Gardiner is how often he is paired with Pesce. We don’t see as many issues with Pesce as his partner.

Unless he starts putting up points regularly, I hope we move him.
Something like 10 points in his last 15 games for instance?

He's also looked better himself defensively, though that'll never be his calling card.

I think in the last 5 games or so, he's also made a few offensive and defensive plays with his skating that I'd have been shocked if he made the rest of the year. I actually do think the all star break and bye did him some good.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Something like 10 points in his last 15 games for instance?

He's also looked better himself defensively, though that'll never be his calling card.

I think in the last 5 games or so, he's also made a few offensive and defensive plays with his skating that I'd have been shocked if he made the rest of the year. I actually do think the all star break and bye did him some good.

He’s 4th on the team in scoring since January 1st behind only the top line.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
Not to be a dick, but TECHNICALLY, Svech gets the shootout winner in this one.

Also not to be a dick, but third-period Aho is the guy we matched an offer sheet to keep. More of him, please.
48c.jpg

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
He’s 4th on the team in scoring since January 1st behind only the top line.
His secondary assists have really added up. Also the Canes secondary scoring has all but dried up. Necas is 5th with 7, Slavin is 6th with 7, and Foegele is 7th with 6 points in 15 games. Outside of that everyone has 5 or less. Heck Edmundson and Fleury are top 10 over the last 15 because everyone else has been so bad.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
His secondary assists have really added up. Also the Canes secondary scoring has all but dried up. Necas is 5th with 7, Slavin is 6th with 7, and Foegele is 7th with 6 points in 15 games. Outside of that everyone has 5 or less. Heck Edmundson and Fleury are top 10 over the last 15 because everyone else has been so bad.

So what you’re saying is that having 10 points in 15 games for a defenseman on a team that’s getting no secondary
scoring is actually not good?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad