Rumor: Carolina seeking Saad in a Faulk trade

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
If Saad goes the other way in a Faulk and Darling trade, you have to imagine more than just Hossa's contract is involved, because Hossa's deal isnt really hurting the hawks game like Bickells was.

If Saad is included, Carolina would definitely need to be including a another significant piece because Darlings value is negative right now, far more negative than Hossa's LTIR cap hit

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
Seems like it will be a bigger package that includes Darling. At least that's what the article thinks

Reactions: BHD

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I have a question for Hawks fans:

Saad scored a PP goal in the 2nd game of the year. That is the only PP point he scored throughout the entire year in 174 minutes of TOI. Let's say a PP shift is 1 minute, Saad was on the ice for 174 PP shifts and contributed (quantifiably) to one scoring play.

How?

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
“The theoretical deal — and it’s important to emphasize that it’s all theoretical at this point — would be for more than just Faulk. The Athletic reported that the Hawks are interested in bringing back goaltender Scott Darling with Corey Crawford having not played since Christmas because of a head injury.”

Is Chicago looking to move on from Crawford, or just hedge against future injuries?

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
If Saad goes the other way in a Faulk and Darling trade, you have to imagine more than just Hossa's contract is involved, because Hossa's deal isnt really hurting the hawks game like Bickells was.

If Saad is included, Carolina would definitely need to be including a another significant piece because Darlings value is negative right now, far more negative than Hossa's LTIR cap hit

The difference between a Darling buyout and Hossa's contract, if uninsured, is just $4.9 mil. That's worth something decent from a Carolina POV, but not a significant piece. Retention is more likely.

If Darling is involved, it's because the Hawks actively want him, imo.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
How much do you think Canes would have to retain on Darling to make him have any value? 2 million?

The max Carolina can retain on Darling, while taking on Hossa's contract, if uninsured, to break even relative to a pure Darling buyout is ~41% or ~$1.7 mil. I think Carolina would want that lower to help pay for the final years of Saad's backloaded contract.

Darling at ~$3.1 mil (~25%) sound reasonable?

Blackhawk93

May 2, 2018
I wouldn't mind this deal at all. I also want Darling to succeed badly and frankly we have depth at the wing to replace Saad. Especially if he plays like he did last year.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
I thought offensive defenseman were supposed to come at a premium??? Nothing against Saad but after his latest Season, its not exactly selling low.

TSA0402

Apr 4, 2011
Ottawa
Faulk also had a down season last year, though. Faulk for Saad seems very reasonable on based on past trades, specifically the Vatanen for Henrique trade.

Faulk has been more consistent with a better resume than Vatanen. Henrique was a center which more valuable than the winger position. Obviously Saad has a more proven record than Henrique, but after a down year for a winger I entirely disagree... easy to say Faulk is as guilty playing for a bad team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad