Carolina Panthers

Buenos Necas

lets go canes
Jul 18, 2009
Raleigh, NC
I'm very curious to see how Tepper plays this. My guess would be if any major changes are made, Hurney is out while Ron stays. For the most part I like what Hurney has done since returning, and as time goes on a lot of Gettleman's moves are starting to age pretty poorly. But I'm on board for someone new in the front office. I think Ron is a good coach, he certainly has his flaws but he's solidly in the upper half of the league. Either way, I'd assume Tepper will continue to bolster the front office with outside people. There were a handful of positions that were vacated but never replaced over the past couple years.

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
Reasons to keep Riverboat Ron
Continuity
Defense wins championships
Only coach to make playoffs in back-to-back seasons

Reasons to Jettison Rivera
Never put together back to back winning seasons
Possibly not a good fit with the new-look pass happy NFL
Perhaps he's lost the locker room
Piss poor clock management
New owner wants to put his stamp on the team

Whatever Tepper chooses to do, I wouldn't be surprised.

Canes

Oct 31, 2017
An Oblate Spheroid
Rivera is a good coach but non-Championship winning coaches have a shelf life. Even championship winning ones like Mike McCarthy do as well. We mostly know what we're going to get with Rivera, his teams have a high floor but need MVP type seasons from players on both sides of the ball for his teams to put up above average seasons. The team simply needs to go in a new direction from the GM on down.

Last edited:

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
Sucks that he got injured from the tackle, but I'm not sure what I'm exactly missing from that tackle that says it should be a roughing the passer flag. Fill me in, seriously.
going low on a QB has been a flag ever since Brady lost a season to it......only difference is that Cam never gets any call for getting hit low because f*** him apparently in the refs eyes.

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
Remember when Panthers was 6-2?

But_Pepperidge_Farm_aint_just_gonna_keep_it_to_Pepperidge__5c6a319f9b808bca3f929f02bc45f1b8.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad