GDT: Carolina @ Montréal: To Protect and Serve the Alpha Quadrant

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
My first thought as well.

I was reading through the GDT, and instantly caught the spelling error. Why must I have this curse upon me of finding typos/errors so easily? One mistake ruined an otherwise legendary GDT.

You have the curse of finding typos/errors so easily, yet you only found one?
:sarcasm:

Reactions: MinJaBen

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
You have the curse of finding typos/errors so easily, yet you only found one?
:sarcasm:

I immediately picked up on barely/barley, and noticed a lack of grammatical flow throughout. Besides that, I'll blame anything else I missed on the fact that I read through the GDT really quickly just before leaving for class.

No, really though. I'm the guy that'll find that one typo in a 400 page book, or will find discontinuities or errors in movies.

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
So with Nash up, I'm guessing

First Line obvious
Juice-Stall11-Dwyer
Bowman-Nash-Wallace
Nodl - Brent - LaRose

Those 3rd and 4th lines would get close to equal PT I would think.

Edit: which was apparently just posted above

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
So with Nash up, I'm guessing

First Line obvious
Juice-Stall11-Dwyer
Bowman-Nash-Wallace
Nodl - Brent - LaRose

Those 3rd and 4th lines would get close to equal PT I would think.

Edit: which was apparently just posted above

Yeah I'd say that's about right.

Gotta hope the D plays like it did on Thursday and the 1st line can come through and pot a couple.

I'm thinking a 4-2 loss, we are just biding our time until we're (hopefully) healthy on Thursday.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
A 4-2 loss, Dubinchuk? 4-2???????

5-1 loss or you're not a real Canes fan. (Insert bandwagon comment here)

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Gleason placed on IR retroactive to Feb 12. I assume just to make roster space for Nash and since they don't play again until the 21st, Gleason can be off IR for that game if he is healthy.

PaulProteus

****ing amaxing dman
Feb 6, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Gleason moves to IR retro to 2/12, per MSmithCanes (link).

Edit: Never mind, again posted above.

It will be interesting to see how Nash looks. Kid's been playing well of late in CLT.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Wow, I think I missed that Nash was having such a good year in Charlotte, hopefully he can come up and be a legit 3rd line center to be able to keep Jokinen on the 2nd line when Skinner comes back.

Not optimistic of that, but certainly hopeful!

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
I would love to see Nash (or frankly anybody) succeed as the #3 center. Jussi's a valuable asset when used on the second line, but is frankly useless in a checking role. Also, it would save us a lot of money to use on Semin instead of a new #3 center.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
I certainly hope that the thourth (third/fourth, depending on how it's used) line ends up being Bowman-Nash-Wallace. Not sure there's a ton of need for Westgarth.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Wow, I think I missed that Nash was having such a good year in Charlotte, hopefully he can come up and be a legit 3rd line center to be able to keep Jokinen on the 2nd line when Skinner comes back.

Not optimistic of that, but certainly hopeful!

Whoa, that second line spot is mine now, *****.

Novacane

Jan 25, 2012
Raleigh, NC
Wish I hadn't skipped last week's rehearsal to watch the Islanders game. Now I'm stuck going tonight and can't watch Nash play. Very interested to see what he looks like.

garnetpalmetto

Jerkministrator
Jul 12, 2004
Durham, NC
I certainly hope that the thourth (third/fourth, depending on how it's used) line ends up being Bowman-Nash-Wallace. Not sure there's a ton of need for Westgarth.

I don't know, the fans of a certain team called "The Habs" (not sure if that's the same team as the Montreal Molson Canadians) think they need to beat up a cheapshot artist on our team. Who knew this was the face of a cheapshot artist?

TqDWeBh.png

Of course with those ice hussies we have, there may be shots of another type involved when it comes to Char.

tomdundo

Sep 11, 2011
Raleigh
Well, the Canadiens have, what, Prust, Moen, and White who'll fight?

AFAIC, White and Moen aren't worth dressing Westgarth to fight, and Prust is a very serviceable player instead of a goon-type guy.

I don't see any good opportunities for him to battle a team's revered tough guy, along the lines of Orr, Parros, etc.

Wild Caniac

@WildCaniac
Jan 23, 2013
NC
This GDT is pretty damn amazing, and looks like it took a lot of hard work. Good job.

We usually play well in Montreal, so 5-2 victory.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad