GDT: Carolina @ Los Angeles: Whoever wins, we hurt our draft position edition

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Good(...) morning all.

Not sorry that I fell asleep after their first goal. Hilarious that you stay up all night to watch this crap.

It feels so weird watching another team play PP, with their cycle and good possessions. Why can't we have that.

Nice things. We cannot have them.

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
I'm not worried at all about Hanifin.

Murphy, I'm on the fence about.

I think a mix up in the D would help, need someone to take Hainsey spot on the 1st pairing LD.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I was advocating for acquiring Kyle Quincey (once Dek I think it is is back for Detroit) this offseason to work on a pairing with Faulk. Not that I think Quincey's anything special, but he's good enough to be passable as a top pairing guy on a bottom team (which we are), he's an impending UFA, and we'd likely be able to recoup more at the deadline for him then we'd give up to Detroit in trade to begin with. Would also allow Jordan to actually be our #7 guy which is what he should have always been this year.

Ole Gil

May 9, 2009
You kids are crazy. Murphy has been super. He and Rask have been the pleasant surprises of the year so far (and liles).

Joe McGrath

Oct 29, 2009
Yeah Murphy has been fine, I don't know how this turned into a referendum against Murphy. They lost 3-0 because they can't score goals despite putting up 40 shots and we're getting bent out of shape about the defense why?

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Yeah, the team has scored 1 regulation goal in the last 3 games and that one was Skinner's where it looked like he was really trying to pass and it went off of Holtby and in. In 7 games they've played, the scored either 1 or zero regulation goals in 5 of them. Hard to ***** about defense and goaltending with that kinda offense.

Looks like the Canes need to play Detroit more, as that's the only team they've played where they scored more than one goal. :sarcasm:

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Game hub says Lack in net tonight...Yea? and Nash probably back, bcuz Nesty still hurting from blocking that shot last night.

Cane mutiny

Ahoy_Aho
Sep 5, 2006
Also said Pesce could make his debut tonight! That will at least be fun even if we don't win. Something new to watch/talk about.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
As a big critic of Murphy, I think he's progressively played better and better. Still looks a little lost out there when he gets stuck with a different partner or hemmed in for a bit, but he's shut me up a bit so far. Jordan has really regressed. In similar fashion to Harrison from his contract year to the next.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad