TSN: Carolina interested in Kapanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Well, Leaf fans and Hurricanes fans will go back & forth & back & forth forever about how good their guy is, and how overrated the OTHER guy is.....LOL. None of what we say means anything. It's what the two GM's think that matters at the end of the day.

It says in the OP that the Canes are interested in Kapanen. Okay great. Then maybe they could work out a deal that involves Pesce, and there could easily be draft picks involved as well, to even it out to their liking.

Everyone take a breath [MOD] nothing's going to happen, if ever, for quite awhile yet.

I can see the Leafs wanting to trade Kapanen. He's going to command 3.5 to 4 million on his next contract. They'll need the cap space being used on their d-corps instead.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Stormcrow

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Do you have inside knowledge of St. Louis’ plans?

As far as I can tell you’re doing a lot of wishing without a lot of anything concrete to support it.

Nobody has any knowledge of anything, people change their minds daily. All I’m saying is I would hold onto Kapanen for now and re-evaluate around the trade deadline or draft.

sens13

Mar 16, 2017
Plenty. Do you? You want a young, fast top 6 goal scorer for ****ing trash? Thinking again. Not going to happen.

just because someone plays well for 30 games doesn't make them a top 6 player. yes kapanen is having a good season but he will need to sustain that before people will consider him a top 6 player. even then you could maybe get him for pesce but the fact you had slavin in there clearly shows you lack common sense.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
If Dundon and Waddell overpay for Kapanen after trading Skinner this offseason, I think I might exit stage left. The incompetence in being so desperate for short-term offense that you would force a trade through for a complimentary forward that isn't even a good long-term fit would be so, so awful.

Please just be the Toronto media using the Leafs to get clicks and views.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
See what you don’t understand is I’m not attached to Kapanen at all. A #2/3 winger with elite speed is worth more to me than a #3/4 rhd, others may view differently.

Obviously Kapanen alone won’t be able to attain Parakyo, but with an added first and d prospect it might be of interest. A number 2D > 4D

Quality always is better even if you have to give up a little more sometimes. You understand what quality means right?

Literally your entire teams management and GM thinks differently in regards to valuing a top 4 defenseman vs a top 9 winger that is a solid player and supremely benefiting from the top end talent that he's getting a chance to play with and hang with on his own merits as well.

But a top 4 defenseman that can log 20+ mins is valued higher. That isn't my opinion, that's the market and has been for the last 10yrs or more.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017
I could honestly see the Hurricanes making the mistake of trading Pesce for Kapanen because of their owners comments. Trade the boring defensive defensemen for a speedy sniper? I actually think the Canes owner might force management to make the trade.

hector morrison

Apr 1, 2018
What fans think about their own player isn't what the value of that player is with reality. You understand that, right?

If the Leafs called and offered Kapanen for Parayko or Pietrangelo, they'd get laughed off the phone rather quickly. I get it, you guys like Kapanen (as a Pens fan, I did too, I try not to get attached to young top 6 prospects anymore), but if you think what the Canes fans think about Pesce is what his actual value is, you're sorely mistaken.
Sure,but Kappy isn't a prospect anymore. He is looking better every game. I really think it doesn't matter who he plays with . He can be productive all on his own. For Parayko ,not likely,but not far off.For Pietro and his looming next contract ,possibly.

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
Not gonna happen for Pesce but I’d be willing to part with Buffalos 2nd and a prospect or something like that.

lol

Goals:
Kapanen - 12
All of Carolina's players - Less

Kapanen - 22
All of Carolina's other players - Less

Fast? Yes
Backchecks? Yes
Kills Penalties? Yes
Under 24 and restricted? Yes

"I would probably give up a 2nd and a prospect or something like that"

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Kapanen now tied for 12th in the league for Even Strength Goals.

But, you want to send a 2nd and B prospect for him?

He's got more goals than anyone on your squad.

Pesce or bust... if that doesn't work, fair enough, but he is now being drastically under rated, by people who haven't watched him play. He's been very good.

Revelation

Aug 15, 2016
Pesce is overrated from what I’ve seen on the Carolina board.

Kapanen has 1st line wing potential, would rather trade him for someone better like parakyo or pieterangelo if he has to go.

Oh yeah those teams are dying to trade those guys for a slightly better Josh Leivo

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Kapanen now tied for 12th in the league for Even Strength Goals.

But, you want to send a 2nd and B prospect for him?

He's got more goals than anyone on your squad.

Pesce or bust... if that doesn't work, fair enough, but he is now being drastically under rated, by people who haven't watched him play. He's been very good.

Skinner got more goals than Kapper and all he got was a 2nd and Pu. Take the offer and be grateful.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Kap isn't much of a needle mover for Carolina. Leaf should trade Nylander and free up the cap. Kap has good chemostrada with Matthews.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Mar 26, 2010
just because someone plays well for 30 games doesn't make them a top 6 player. yes kapanen is having a good season but he will need to sustain that before people will consider him a top 6 player. even then you could maybe get him for pesce but the fact you had slavin in there clearly shows you lack common sense.
I agree, Slavin is not a go, Leafs would be adding. As far as Pesce goes... I would not trade Kapanen for him.

At this point I would trade Nylander before i trade Kappy.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I could see us trying to get Kapanen, he’d fit in well.

I could see our management desperate to just do something and trading Pesce.

That doesn’t remotely make that a fair trade. I don’t mind people saying it’s doable because the Canes are run by fools right now, that’s true. Pesce is worth more than Kapanen at this point I think most non Leaf fans would agree.

DougGilmour93

Feb 7, 2007
No. This doesn’t work for Carolina at all. Zaitsev and his contract are an anchor. He’s not part of any deal coming to the Canes.
An anchor? He’s as solid as they get and he’s locked up for under 5m per season. Not to mention he’s a RHD.

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
I could see us trying to get Kapanen, he’d fit in well.

I could see our management desperate to just do something and trading Pesce.

That doesn’t remotely make that a fair trade. I don’t mind people saying it’s doable because the Canes are run by fools right now, that’s true. Pesce is worth more than Kapanen at this point I think most non Leaf fans would agree.

I would expect Toronto would be willing to add in a move for Pesce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad