TSN: Carolina interested in Kapanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keep Sorokin Me Babe

Hit em with the four like
Jun 18, 2016

Gives them a skilled right handed forward which they're lacking (other than Necas in the future) and they can roll a Finnish top line in Kapanen-Aho-Teravainen. Would also be cool seeing Kapanen playing for the franchise he grew up watching his dad play for.

The obvious ask from Toronto would be Pesce, as they sorely need a defensive RHD

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
I don’t even know if I would trade Kapanen for Pesce straight up..

Good thing for the leafs sake you’re not running the show then. Pesce would be a tremendous addition to your blue line and is locked up at a very good rate long term. Kapanen is a toolsy player but has shown nothing away from Matthews to have that kind of value.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
Okey dokey. Like has been mentioned, Faulk or tvr would be on the table from the Canes. If either of those don’t work then Buffalos 2nd and any prospect not named Necas or Fox could be had. If that doesn’t get it done then there’s no deal to be made.
Seriosly....explain to me why the Leafs would move him for a 2nd and a B prospect.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
I don’t even know if I would trade Kapanen for Pesce straight up..
Lol, what? You don't know much about Pesce and that's ok to admit, but I don't think you understand the market for defensemen like Pesce or that Kapanen, while a solid young player, is also playing on a stupid deep offensive team and is more than definitely expendable for a piece like Pesce. It would have to be Kapanen + for Pesce given that top 4 defensemen that can chip in, play in all situations, is a right handed one that skates well are still very much at a premium.

If it wasn't, your team wouldn't be struggling to find quality defensemen (which it is).

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Lol, what? You don't know much about Pesce and that's ok to admit, but I don't think you understand the market for defensemen like Pesce or that Kapanen, while a solid young player, is also playing on a stupid deep offensive team and is more than definitely expendable for a piece like Pesce. It would have to be Kapanen + for Pesce given that top 4 defensemen that can chip in, play in all situations, is a right handed one that skates well are still very much at a premium.

If it wasn't, your team wouldn't be struggling to find quality defensemen (which it is).

Pesce is overrated from what I’ve seen on the Carolina board.

Kapanen has 1st line wing potential, would rather trade him with a plus for someone better like parakyo or pieterangelo if he has to go.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad