TSN: Carolina interested in Kapanen

Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
After the comments from the new owner, every GM in the league should be calling them with offers of forwards for D.

Reactions: paul9kariya

TorontoTrades

Feb 4, 2012
Pesce, Slavin or Hamilton. If it's not those 3 then look to another team. They're not dumping Kapanen for a maybe guy. They would rather add to Kap for an established player then do that.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Pesce is overrated from what I’ve seen on the Carolina board.

Kapanen has 1st line wing potential, would rather trade him for someone better like parakyo or pieterangelo if he has to go.

What fans think about their own player isn't what the value of that player is with reality. You understand that, right?

If the Leafs called and offered Kapanen for Parayko or Pietrangelo, they'd get laughed off the phone rather quickly. I get it, you guys like Kapanen (as a Pens fan, I did too, I try not to get attached to young top 6 prospects anymore), but if you think what the Canes fans think about Pesce is what his actual value is, you're sorely mistaken.

Mar 26, 2010
Pesce, Slavin or Hamilton. If it's not those 3 then look to another team. They're not dumping Kapanen for a maybe guy. They would rather add to Kap for an established player then do that.
Exactly. Slavin or Pesce. If not, get f***ing lost.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
The Leafs should sell high on Kapanen. He's not that good.

He is though. Only what 22/23 on pace for over 60 points with no PP time. Plays up and down the lineup, one of the fastest guys in the league. Been one of the better forwards this year for the Leafs. Plus he has a history of clutch goals.

If he was moved they need something coming back that fills a hole not something that might do it but is just another bottom pair option.

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
I'll trade you Kapanen+Zaitsev+1st for Pesce. If not go with smaller deal for Faulk something like Zaitsev+2nd.

seanlinden

Apr 28, 2009
He is though. Only what 22/23 on pace for over 60 points with no PP time. Plays up and down the lineup, one of the fastest guys in the league. Been one of the better forwards this year for the Leafs. Plus he has a history of clutch goals.

If he was moved they need something coming back that fills a hole not something that might do it but is just another bottom pair option.

This.

The simple reality is that Kapanen fits very well on our right side with Marner and Nylander. He's not "on the block" by any stretch of the imagination.

They'll consider trading him, if they can get a pretty close-to-definite solution in terms of a big defenceman. Both Slavin and Pesce would fit the bill. Slavin is obviously more valuable, so the focus should be on Pesce.

When you look at the fact that the Leafs will somehow need to go through Tampa & Boston, they've gotta make some major upgrades to their blueline. Faulk & TVR aren't going to cut it.

What would be interesting though... is if the Leafs could manage to trade something along the lines of Kapanen+ for Pesce, and still have the draft capital to pursue Pietrangelo.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
What fans think about their own player isn't what the value of that player is with reality. You understand that, right?

If the Leafs called and offered Kapanen for Parayko or Pietrangelo, they'd get laughed off the phone rather quickly. I get it, you guys like Kapanen (as a Pens fan, I did too, I try not to get attached to young top 6 prospects anymore), but if you think what the Canes fans think about Pesce is what his actual value is, you're sorely mistaken.

See what you don’t understand is I’m not attached to Kapanen at all. A #2/3 winger with elite speed is worth more to me than a #3/4 rhd, others may view differently.

Obviously Kapanen alone won’t be able to attain Parakyo, but with an added first and d prospect it might be of interest. A number 2D > 4D

Quality always is better even if you have to give up a little more sometimes. You understand what quality means right?

Mar 26, 2010
your joking right? [MOD] you really think you can get pesce/slavin for kapanen? pesce is highly unlikely but you had the audacity to include slavin in there. get of the high horse. your players are not worth gold.
Don’t like it... too bad.

Last edited by a moderator:

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
See what you don’t understand is I’m not attached to Kapanen at all. A #2/3 winger with elite speed is worth more to me than a #3/4 rhd, others may view differently.

Obviously Kapanen alone won’t be able to attain Parakyo, but with an added first and d prospect it might be of interest. A number 2D > 4D

Quality always is better even if you have to give up a little more sometimes. You understand what quality means right?

Now hop on the other side of this argument and ask yourself why STL would trade Parayko for quantity if quality is always better?

Bruce Granville

Oct 11, 2014
Leafs will move Nylander for a D and cap space and need Kapanen to play with Matthews.
In a world without any cap issues they might trade him.

Mar 26, 2010
it's not about liking it. it's about using common sense. do you have any?
Plenty. Do you? You want a young, fast top 6 goal scorer for f***ing trash? Thinking again. Not going to happen.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Now hop on the other side of this argument and ask yourself why STL would trade Parayko for quantity if quality is always better?

St. Louis in normal seasons wouldn’t, but this season they’re getting to the point where they’re thinking about tanking and trading for futures. If they’re not interested in trading Parakyo because of age and potential, they may very well be interested in trading Pieterangelo. (After undergoing hand surgery and being a ufa in 1.5 years it might affect his value slightly)

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
St. Louis in normal seasons wouldn’t, but this season they’re getting to the point where they’re thinking about tanking and trading for futures. If they’re not interested in trading Parakyo because of age and potential, they may very well be interested in trading Pieterangelo. (After undergoing hand surgery and being a ufa in 1.5 years it might affect his value slightly)

Do you have inside knowledge of St. Louis’ plans?

As far as I can tell you’re doing a lot of wishing without a lot of anything concrete to support it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad