GDT: Carolina Hurricanes @ Toronto Maple Leafs|Feb 4th|7:00pm|SNO| Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Gardiner , Komi , and Gunner can't come back quick enough

Seriously. As an enforcer on the blueline, we can't afford to play Fraser, Kostka should be a 3rd pairing guy, Liles should retire, Phaneuf is sleepwalking, Franson is just sloppy, and Holzer is a good Luke Schenn impersonator.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
This would be a good time to line juggle and experiment with new players.

The fact is we are a small team up front, we can't sustain pressure.

JVR has no chemistry with Kessel. Bozak is not his fault but he's not a number 1 Centre.

We are really missing Gardiner from the back.

AuGsY

Nov 7, 2011
Dear Kessel:

Drive the net and start getting your hands dirty or GTFO

signed leafs nation.

Auzzie19

Mar 10, 2011
The North
Carlyle is a *****, no Kadri line on for 5 mins straight, Kessel line is cold as ice, Grabo line is ok, Where the **** is Frattin-Kadri-Komorov???

Edit: they just got on, but come on 13 mins of ice time sofar :shakehead:

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON
Totally crapped the bed in this game. Pejorative Slured penalties and a terrible PP are costing us games. This team needs to give a solid 60 minute effort.

KesselLooksLikeRadar*

Yeah, remember when we complained about our D when it was Phaneuf - Gunnar, Liles - Komi, Gardiner - Holzer/Franson?

I really want that D back.

Chandrashekhar Limit

From the runaway slave to a modern day king.
Apr 2, 2009
Milky Way
The defensive system is not the problem, the personnel is. Half of our ****ing defense is AHL caliber. No coach will be able to implement an effective system with that.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Didn't take long for some people to turn on Carlyle, eh?

FIRE WILSON

Losing sucks but we clearly have issues to work out. Anyone who thought Carlyle implementing a defensive system would magically cure the Leafs' woes was being optimistic, I'll give them that.

Interestingly enough I thought before the season started the Leafs defense was weak and I stick by my claims.

stug*

Game-Over-Man-Game-Over.jpg

Asif16*

Trade kessel. Maybe by trading kessel we can get some depth on this team

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
We have Phaneuf who isn't good defensively for the $$ he's paid. We have Kostka who is great on ES but sucks on PK/PP but is tolerable. We have Liles and Franson who can't be trusted in our zone at all. We have Fraser...AHL'er, Holzer AHL'er, Komisarek...coming back to playing as a #5D at best

Leafs need to revamp their ENTIRE TEAM. I keep going back and forth thinking Phaneuf is a good defenseman for this team but he's likely going to ask for 6.5M-7M.

It's time to trade him and start fresh and tank this season.

Benefits of Tanking this season:

A) It's only 48 games of frustration instead of 82.
B) Seth Jones...
C) Nathan MacKinnon.

That is all.

lampshade*

Mac's shot has the power of a decent high school player, rubbish little flip shot. Hey look Dion I hit the glass.

uncleben

Global Moderator
Dec 4, 2008
Acton, Ontario
Holzer to the NHL will be a miracle, he is one the worst I have seen including Finger.
Finger was never terrible. Just couldn't justify committing that amount of money to that level of play.
If he had an entry level, or like a $900K, he would've stayed in the NHL easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad