Prospect Info: Carolina Hurricanes select C Elias Lindholm at #5

Lucky Lindy

Jun 24, 2012
Stockholm
Mike Sundheim ‏@MikeSundheim 35s

Elias Lindholm’s dad Mikael played with Niclas Wallin in Boden when Wallin was 17. Recalls how strong he was even then.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Mike Sundheim ‏@MikeSundheim 35s

Elias Lindholm’s dad Mikael played with Niclas Wallin in Boden when Wallin was 17. Recalls how strong he was even then.

goodolboys.jpg

snakepliskin

Jan 27, 2005
Wilmington NC
i hope lindstrom turns out to be great and one of the best skilled guys we have ever had but i know what is nagging at me about this and its his size you could put him larose skinner bowman and boychuk in a box and have a matched set--and nich had real size great hands and very real speed but evidently did not see the ice very well-still hope the kid outshines all his sizemates

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
i hope lindstrom turns out to be great and one of the best skilled guys we have ever had but i know what is nagging at me about this and its his size you could put him larose skinner bowman and boychuk in a box and have a matched set--and nich had real size great hands and very real speed but evidently did not see the ice very well-still hope the kid outshines all his sizemates

Who is Lindstrom?

Lindholm is 6'0, 190 lbs. Probably ends up 6'1, 200 lbs.

That is not small by any stretch of the imagination.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
He also plays big. You guys will love this kid, he has it all.

I have read a lot and seen a lot of clips. Swedish Brynas fans say he plays liked Backstrom did his draft year, only better. Others compare him to Giroux or Forsberg (both loftier comparisons).

I'm excited.

DesertDawg

Mar 6, 2002
Superstition Mts
ridefree.net
Lindholm has stated that he will honor his SEL contract 1st, so he may not come over to NA until the following season in 2014. He is the player I wanted the Coyotes to draft if a trade could have been made with the 'Canes. A solid 2-way playmaking #1 center.

Jussijuice

Jun 28, 2012
I'd be shocked if this wasn't already asked about 100 times by JR in pre draft interviews. I'd guess you could pencil in Lindholm for at least a 9 game stint in Carolina and likely a full year.

the halleJOKEL

strong as brickwall
Jul 21, 2006
twitter.com
Go watch video of Lindholm. He is seriously going to be one helluva player and I am amazed that anyone has any complaints about us picking him.

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
Maybe it's just because Lind seems so far behind Jones, yet they were only one pick apart. Maybe that's where my disappointment came from.

Can't think of it that way though. Because barring a trade up (which didn't seem possible), Jones was never going to fall to us.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Video was posted some months ago and it was impressive.

I like the pick. I wanted Monahan first and Lindholm second, but the two were so close it didn't matter.

Safe pick, good pick, they didn't screw it up and managed to get rid of McBain. That's a productive day in my book.

IPreferPi

A Nonny Mouse
Jun 22, 2012
Phoenix, AZ
Congrats to the Canes for landing Lindholm. Really wished the Yotes could've traded up to drafted him (although more than happy with drafting Domi at 12 and keeping our defense prospects for now).

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
This guy was a legit top 5 pick in what is said to be a stacked draft. I have no idea why anyone would be upset about this. We were never gonna take nichushkin. I assumed monahan because I thought we couldn't change our ways enough to take lindholm. I'm pleasantly surprised about this because of that, we got the higher skill player. This guy is probably the third highest skilled player in the organization behind only semin and maybe skinner. He may be the best playmaker already. He has the ya lent to play right now, just a matter of when he comes over and is he strong enough. I don't think drouin is strong enough.

All lists I saw had lindholm between 4-7. Bobby Mack had us taking him, button had him at 6 with us taking monahan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad