GDT: Carolina Hurricanes @ Buffalo Sabres 7PM 11.14.2019

deVolt

Jun 4, 2018
Göteborg
It's not like Skinner has been a problem at all. He's one of the 3 Sabres consistently scoring (4 if you count Olofsson, I suppose).
I don't think he has been the problem either, just expected more after that contract he got, maybe time to reunite him with Sam and Jack and move Olofsson to Mojo's line when he comes back.

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
It's now been a full 20 days since the Sabres last won a game.

The hot start feels like ancient history at this point.
That is does, I almost completely forgot about the win streak this season. I just look at our roster and hopelessness begins to creep in an overtakes me.

I have no confidence in Sabres hockey at all anymore. I was looking forward to watching hockey since I've only got to watch 1 game in almost 2 weeks but now I'm kind of like "why should I subject myself to this"

26CornerBlitz

Sponsor
Apr 14, 2012
South Jersey

Game Preview: 11/14/19 vs. Carolina

Posted on November 13, 2019 by Ian Ott | Leave a comment

GAME-DAY RESOURCES
LAST GAME
Saturday, November 9
Buffalo 3 at Tampa Bay 5
Goals: Reinhart, Olofsson, Eichel
Goalie: Hutton (35 saves/40 shots)
PP: 0/2; PK: 1/3; Shots: Buffalo 43 – Tampa Bay 40

CURRENT INJURIES – (Man Games Lost: 71)
Player (injury, first game missed) – total games missed

Zach Bogosian (hip, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 17 games
Matt Hunwick (neck, Oct. 3; injured reserve) – 17 games
Vladimir Sobotka (lower body, Nov. 9; injured reserve) – 1 game

TRANSACTIONS IN PAST 7 DAYS
11/11: Assigned D Lawrence Pilut to Rochester (AHL)
11/13: Recalled F Curtis Lazar from Rochester (AHL)
11/14: Activated D Marco Scandella from IR; Placed F Vladimir Sobotka on IR

UPCOMING GAMES
Saturday, Nov. 16: Ottawa at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 17: Buffalo at Chicago, 7 p.m.
Tuesday, Nov. 19: Minnesota at Buffalo, 7 p.m.
Thursday, Nov. 21: Buffalo at Boston, 7 p.m.
Sunday, Nov. 24: Buffalo at Florida, 5 p.m.

TONIGHT’S GAME
HURRICANES at SABRES

• This is the first of three meetings between the Sabres and Hurricanes this season.
  • Last meeting: Carolina defeated Buffalo 4-2 in Raleigh on March 16
  • Next meeting: Sunday, March 15 in Buffalo
  • The Sabres are 1-6-3 in their last 10 games vs. the Hurricanes; 4-4-2 at home.
  • This is the 205th game all-time between Buffalo and Carolina; Buffalo has a 102-75-27 series record.
  • The Sabres are 58-33-10 at home against the Hurricanes all-time.

Reactions: VaporTrail

Vito_81

Jul 23, 2006
Toronto
Carolina’s played 1 good game in their last handful and it was against Ottawa... the game after they lost to Ottawa

4-3 Buffalo in OT

TheStorm

Sep 15, 2015
Pittsburgh,PA
That is does, I almost completely forgot about the win streak this season. I just look at our roster and hopelessness begins to creep in an overtakes me.

I have no confidence in Sabres hockey at all anymore. I was looking forward to watching hockey since I've only got to watch 1 game in almost 2 weeks but now I'm kind of like "why should I subject myself to this"
I'm at the same point as you are

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Jesus, we lost 6 games in a row?

If we're counting the Detroit game and not factoring the unknown of Carolina, then we are 1-4-1. If not, then we are 0-4-1.

From: 10/25 to 11/13, We've played: Detroit W, Arizona SOL, Washington L, NYI L, Tampa L, Tampa L.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
the funny part is people still talking up LOG line as if its some juggernaut but you can't win games if you don't score a goal which they rarely ever do.

Larsson: 1 goal
Girgensons: 1 goal
Okposo: 1 goal

:(

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
The 2012-13 Oilers had losing streaks but they never went full Housley. Never underestimate the power of the Krueger.
2012-13 Edmonton Oilers Schedule and Results | Hockey-Reference.com

The Sabres have lost five straight games and have fallen to 14th in the NHL with a points percentage of .588. If you’re looking at the playoff race, Buffalo is two behind. Many feel this season is just like last season, Ralph Krueger disagrees, “I’m a new head coach here this year and last year doesn’t interest me at all. What does interest me is we’re building a new story here and this is a completely different season with a different group of guys with a huge buy-in here and a healthy base of confidence and I don’t feel anything but that.”
Sabres' Johansson is out through the weekend.

Last edited:

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
the funny part is people still talking up LOG line as if its some juggernaut but you can't win games if you don't score a goal which they rarely ever do.
If an NBA player holds LeBron to 10 points but only scores 10 himself is that bad? The LOG line's value is to negate the other team's big guns from doing anything and tiring the other team out. Getting goals would be a bonus.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
Going to the Ticats game this Sunday reminded me of an old joke: The reason Hamilton doesn't have an NHL team is because if they got one Buffalo would want one as well.

Reactions: umbertovanek

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad