News Article: Carolina GM talked today ..mentions Zadina and more

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
True, but he could also be 5th on Bob's list and 5th on the Habs list. Or 4th for that matter. The draft can't happen soon enough. Why is it always so complicated for the Habs.
Because they don't know how to do a proper tank. If they had applied themselves they could have got the #2 pick but they picked up useless points near the end of the season and screwed themselves like always.

In any event, it doesn't matter because they're going to take Tkachuk and his attitude with their first round pick.

Reactions: Runner77

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Nah, trust me. Your GM would be playing the same games as ours by saying he is looking at all these players, which is probably just a smoke screen to see if other GM's may want to make an offer he can't refuse. Even after that, you'd be worried that your GM would take Tkachuk instead of the obvious choice.

The names of the players would be different, but the same discussions would occur. The only one not having that discussion is Buffalo fans.
Even the Buffalo GM on the day he won the lottery wouldn't 100% commit to saying that he'd take Dahlin. He wouldn't even confirm that he's not trading the pick.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Dahlin only showed up on the leader board for one of the tests and he was like 6th overall. I doubt this will hurt his draft position. In fact, given all the nobodies who scored high I'd say that these tests are more for the lower-ranked players trying to get noticed than it is for the ones projected to go high.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Runner77

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Dahlin only showed up on the leader board for one of the tests and he was like 6th overall. I doubt this will hurt his draft position. In fact, given all the nobodies who scored high I'd say that these tests are more for the lower-ranked players trying to get noticed than it is for the ones projected to go high.

Morgan Rielly scored high on both hands tests and the benchpress and that's when Bergevin fell in love with manly Rielly.

Same probably happened with Brady.

Look for Bergevin to acquire players named Brady.

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
Timmins and Bergevin are both obsessed with fitness in addition to bloodlines, it's one of many reasons the Habs are going to end up with Tkachuk.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Because they don't know how to do a proper tank. If they had applied themselves they could have got the #2 pick but they picked up useless points near the end of the season and screwed themselves like always.

In any event, it doesn't matter because they're going to take Tkachuk and his attitude with their first round pick.

You realized that the team picking 2nd overall finished with 12 more pts than us in the standings?

And had we lost more, we would actually have a worst pick right now...

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
You realized that the team picking 2nd overall finished with 12 more pts than us in the standings?

And had we lost more, we would actually have a worst pick right now...

I still would have preferred us to tank better. A few more losses would have had us finish last and we'd have Dahlin. Niemi was the main reason for the Anti-tank. It would have been hard to tank better, but I would have played Lindgren, Lernout, DLR, Rychel, and Rielly more.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I still would have preferred us to tank better. A few more losses would have had us finish last and we'd have Dahlin

no, a few more losses and we would have been in a better spot to land Dahlin, but that's it. Just because the sabers won the lotto doesn't mean we would have, all we can say is we would of had better odds.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
no, a few more losses and we would have been in a better spot to land Dahlin, but that's it. Just because the sabers won the lotto doesn't mean we would have, all we can say is we would of had better odds.
All we could have said at the time is we'd have better odds.

But the Sabres won based on the codes that are associated with the last place team. So, we would have won the lottery if we had finished last.

I hope we tank again this year and this time end up last. That will give us the best odds at the no. 1 overall and at worst no. 4 overall.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
All we could have said at the time is we'd have better odds.

But the Sabres won based on the codes that are associated with the last place team. So, we would have won the lottery if we had finished last.

I hope we tank again this year and this time end up last. That will give us the best odds at the no. 1 overall and at worst no. 4 overall.

That's not how probabilities work.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Back then I recall Ward being described as a warrior, captain material. Intangible stuff.

Nothing seems to have changed.

And here we are.
Funny how the teams that win all have skill skill skill and a crash and banger with that warrior mentality. Instead of trying to find that hybrid unicorn

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Picking Brady Tkachuk will be the **** sundae that is this season lmao

A lot of people feel this way, but look at how many missed on Barzal? I haven't watched him enough to make a real feeling on his game.

Reactions: Habs100

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013

I think the tests are more to make sure the players are healthy and there's no major problems. Kinda like physicals, all they need to do is pass.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
I think the tests are more to make sure the players are healthy and there's no major problems. Kinda like physicals, all they need to do is pass.

Did Bustina even do the combine? Can't find his name anywhere on the charts.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Just reminds me of another soft perimiter player that we have tons of, I don't think he changes the team's future that much.. I envision Martin Rucinsky. I've been wrong before though :)

Hard for me to have a strong opinion on Svechnikov, Zadina, Tkachuk, et al. I've just seen youtube highlights here and there.

I remember scouts being high on players like Griogorenko and Morgan Ellis.

Hopefully Timmins gets it right. Getting the 3rd overall right is the most important part of the draft.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Hard for me to have a strong opinion on Svechnikov, Zadina, Tkachuk, et al. I've just seen youtube highlights here and there.

I remember scouts being high on players like Griogorenko and Morgan Ellis.

Hopefully Timmins gets it right. Getting the 3rd overall right is the most important part of the draft.

I agree.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad