News Article: Carolina GM talked today ..mentions Zadina and more

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
Ok people.... a tonne of edits, deletes & other actions... I understand frustrations running high but hey, your all on the same team..... Attack the content of someones post & opinions if you dont agree but stop taking bites out of one another please & thank you.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Sens fans want there owner gone...but crazy as this sounds i would take him as owner in Montreal.......he really does want to win..gets genuine mad when they don't...he got his small market club to the CUP FINALS ....more than can be said for this group in Montreal, and the ones before it ....

My sense of Geoff Molson: nice guy, good natured guy, great guy to have as a friend, a class act, but not the shrewdest decision maker.

My sense of Eugene Melnyk: jackass, cold hearted a-hole, but a good businessman.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
You can almost smell the fact that the habs are going to take that Tkachuk kid at 3 and the Senaturds will swoop in and get Zadina at 4.Zadina will become their next Marion Hossa and score 40 a year.Tkachuk will get 8 a year on the third line and get shipped out in 5 years for a fifth rounder.Habs haven't done anything in a quarter of a century but still believe in character over skill as some type of magic formula.Tkachuk is skilled but doesn't possess that game breaking goal scoring ability that this team lacks.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
You can almost smell the fact that the habs are going to take that Tkachuk kid at 3 and the Senaturds will swoop in and get Zadina at 4.Zadina will become their next Marion Hossa and score 40 a year.Tkachuk will get 8 a year on the third line and get shipped out in 5 years for a fifth rounder.Habs haven't done anything in a quarter of a century but still believe in character over skill as some type of magic formula.Tkachuk is skilled but doesn't possess that game breaking goal scoring ability that this team lacks.

The scouts like the Tkachuk kid though.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Give him the Habs 90 million a year profits...Eugene would gladly spend the cap every year in Montreal...and i bet we'd actually be in Stanley Cup finals....i really do believe that...

The Molson’s have been awful owners of this team up until this point. Destroyed us in the past, destroying us in the present. But I honestly think I’d take them over Melnyk.

Reactions: sandviper

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
I don't have a lot of faith in the scouts to be honest.

I mean, they are right more often than not... I know they miss the boat completely sometimes (Yakupov) but this Tkachuk kid doesn't look that bad. Montreal has to make a move to get another first, and solve 2 problems... by drafting one of the young dmen and a goal scorer.

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Drafting based on "character" hasn't been a very successful model as there have been no cups or even finals in a quarter of a century and counting for this team.Time to change the philosophy I think and look for pure skill and pass on the safe picks.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
I mean, they are right more often than not... I know they miss the boat completely sometimes (Yakupov) but this Tkachuk kid doesn't look that bad. Montreal has to make a move to get another first, and solve 2 problems... by drafting one of the young dmen and a goal scorer.

where does he not look that bad? in the highlight videos on youtube?

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
where does he not look that bad? in the highlight videos on youtube?

He's a good hockey player, and I think its funny the people that love Poehling have anything bad to say about this kid.. again, I hope they take a dman anyways.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
He's a good hockey player, and I think its funny the people that love Poehling have anything bad to say about this kid.. again, I hope they take a dman anyways.

I think he's ok and will be a serviceable NHL player. I just would not dare to draft him at the #3 spot.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
I think he's ok and will be a serviceable NHL player. I just would not dare to draft him at the #3 spot.

Sadly the fans make better choices than management, most of the time. King Geoffy thanks us all.

Justin11

Jan 16, 2009
Montréal
Sadly the fans make better choices than management, most of the time. King Geoffy thanks us all.

well, sadly management have made a lot of poor choices and that is one of the reasons that we finished almost in the bottom of the league. The last time we won the cup I was 25 years younger.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
It;'s the team results for sure that brings down the board...if we was the Penguins we'd be much happier here without doubt...we have been failed by owners and management ...seriously for example, would Mario Lemieux put up with the crap us Habs fan have had to witness for 25 years ...No he'd be embarrassed as an owner.....he got pride and wants to win ,and makes sure it happens..
Lots of players, coaches, managers and even owners have pride coming out the wazoo. Pride doesn't win Cups. Talent is what matters. Karl Alzner has pride but pride can't make him skate faster or turn his cement hands into the next Gretzky. You need talent to do those things.

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
Maybe you don’t trust the management and that’s fine too but I think everyone needs to take a deep breath and learn from past experiences (ie. everybody that was on suicide watch when we didn’t draft Grigorenko or when we picked Price).
I think habsgirl5000 has been on suicide watch since the day Price was drafted and will remain that way until he retires.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I think habsgirl5000 has been on suicide watch since the day Price was drafted and will remain that way until he retires.

I've also been a up and down fan of Price. He started very inconsistent and that's why Halak outperformed him in the playoff run. Price turned the corner when we hired Waite but has since struggled with soft goals against and there is a good recent sample size of this starting in the Rangers Playoff series. The trend continued into last season. Hope he can turn it around... we need him.

MT had a very strict defensive first system and it worked with Price. It made Price look very good and Price made our D look good (works hand and hand). With Julien, we have a different coaching strategy and he is focusing on puck possession more. Price is exposed a bit more in this system. We don't have a mobile defense either which creates havoc at exiting our zone with the puck and we turn it over way too much. MT had them dump it out which worked but we had no offense. Take away Markov and Radulov and it makes it even more worse.

.... that's what lead to "Habs are nothing without Price" and the monster contract we were forced to give him. Drives me nuts!

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad