Value of: Carolina Defensemen

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Maybe I'm confusing you with someone else, but didn't you used to have your profile pic set a piece of paper with the Habs and Sharks logo on it? As a matter of fact, I'm pretty sure it was that same drawing of the Sharks logo...

Not a Habs fan anymore. Bergevin's idiotic management drove me away.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I don't see the Canes having any interest in that. I'm sure they are fine letting him continue to develop and improve his value (and/or making someone else expendable) vs. just dumping him for a 2nd round pick. Contrary to popular HF belief, the Canes seem to be pretty happy with how he's developed so far and with Hanifin and Slavin they can let him develop until he's ready.

How about Fleury vs Scherbak + Hudon/Andrighetto??

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
How about Fleury vs Scherbak + Hudon/Andrighetto??

I really don't know enough about those guys to be able to intelligently comment on that proposal. There are others on the Canes board much more knowledgeable about prospects in general that can probably weigh in though.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
I really don't know enough about those guys to be able to intelligently comment on that proposal. There are others on the Canes board much more knowledgeable about prospects in general that can probably weigh in though.

Hudon and Andrighetto are talented prospects wingers and ready to take a role on 2nd or 3rd line.

Scherbak is a former 1st round pick. Reaally talented but is more of a project. Needs time to mature physically. 2 years away i would guess.

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Hudon and Andrighetto are talented prospects wingers and ready to take a role on 2nd or 3rd line.

Scherbak is a former 1st round pick. Reaally talented but is more of a project. Needs time to mature physically. 2 years away i would guess.

That helps, but I still couldn't say. Canes biggest need is top 6 as they have a lot of mid/bottom 6 forwards. Of the following Canes young Players / prospects, who would you see them surpassing/being better than?

Nestrasil: 25
Skinner: 24
Rask: 23
Di Guiseppe: 22
McGinn: 22
Lindholm: 21
Teravainen: 22
Aho: 19
Gauthier: 18
Saarela: 19
Kuokkanen: 18
Roy: 19

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
I'm easily one of the oldest posters on this board and I'm barely old enough to remember those championships

I'm not sure how that's relevant.

And if you can't remember, you're nowhere near one of the oldest on these boards.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
That helps, but I still couldn't say. Canes biggest need is top 6 as they have a lot of mid/bottom 6 forwards. Of the following Canes young Players / prospects, who would you see them surpassing/being better than?

Those are naturally actually better then Hudon and Andrighetto. I would put them in the Nestrasil category. Less experience but more talented than him. Tough to say, i don't know much about Canes forward prospects.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012

Bolded my guesses.

Carolinas Identity*

I'm a bad troll...
Jun 18, 2011
Calgary, AB
Put her in a wet t-shirt and she's about as slick as the come....but I don't want to muddy the waters...:naughty:

personally, as a southerner, i was a big fan of his music tbh

1614x2048

Boom Boom Apathy

Sep 6, 2006
Bolded my guesses.

I want to make sure I understand your post. Are you saying both Scherbak and Hudon are both going to be better (not now, but long term) than all of Nestrasil, Di Guiseppe, McGinn, Gauthier, Saarela, Kuokkanen, and Roy?

I'm not weighing in personally as I don't know enough about those 2 guys, but just wanted to make sure I understood your post.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
I want to make sure I understand your post. Are you saying both Scherbak and Hudon are both going to be better (not now, but long term) than all of Nestrasil, Di Guiseppe, McGinn, Gauthier, Saarela, Kuokkanen, and Roy?

I'm not weighing in personally as I don't know enough about those 2 guys, but just wanted to make sure I understood your post.
Woops. Forgot Gauthier. Otherwise, my answer is more or less yes.

NotOpie

"Puck don't lie"
Jun 12, 2006
North Carolina
Woops. Forgot Gauthier. Otherwise, my answer is more or less yes.

This is just an opinion based on limited views and information, but no way those guys end up better than Kuokkanen and probably not Roy either. Can't comment on Saarela as I've only seen snippets of his game. As a fan of Di Giuseppe, I'd reserve judgement on his inclusion in your analysis given that he already acquitted himself well as a pro in limited games.

I get that you're speaking to the future, but I think you might have limited info on the Canes players/prospects of which you speak.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
This is just an opinion based on limited views and information, but no way those guys end up better than Kuokkanen and probably not Roy either. Can't comment on Saarela as I've only seen snippets of his game. As a fan of Di Giuseppe, I'd reserve judgement on his inclusion in your analysis given that he already acquitted himself well as a pro in limited games.

I get that you're speaking to the future, but I think you might have limited info on the Canes players/prospects of which you speak.

Roy is a guy I'd have only just very slightly behind those guys. And I'll admit I'm far from an expert on Canes prospects, but I have a pretty decent idea for most. Kuokkanen I'm not particularly familiar with though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad