LeBrun: Carolina considering a reunion with Eric Staal

HawkeyTalkMan

Jun 23, 2015
Help me figure this one out but Aho-Trochek-J.Staal is pretty damn solid and their wings ain't shabby either.
you can put staal anywhere. back in their prime, the Eric staal/jonathan toews/rick nash line was teams canada checking shutdown line

you could easily roll four lines with staal adding offense and possession even from the third or fourth line

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Wing with J.Staal is the most logical spot. Aho and Teravainen need a different element. Niederreiter - Trocheck - Necas has been a mainstay thus far. Some combination of McGinn, Martinook, Paquette and Fast is a deep and purposeful 4th line.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Can never have too much depth at C. Also, him coming back to CAR certainly adds hype for a playoff run. I think I’d actually play him with Aho and Teravainen at LW.

I can’t wait to see all the inevitable threads “Staal to CAR” where the ask starts with a 1st or Seth Jarvis or Jake Bean...then he ends up getting traded for a 3rd/4th

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Can never have too much depth at C. Also, him coming back to CAR certainly adds hype for a playoff run. I think I’d actually play him with Aho and Teravainen at LW.

I can’t wait to see all the inevitable threads “Staal to CAR” where the ask starts with a 1st or Seth Jarvis or Jake Bean...then he ends up getting traded for a 3rd/4th
I’ll drive Staal to the airport for a 3rd.

***If the border was open.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY

Lol. I don't think any reasonable Sabres fan expects anywhere near that return. The ask is probably a 2nd or equivalent prospect, we'll see if they get it or settle for a 3rd.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Would have to think this is something that Jordan's discussed with his brother if this is being discussed. If Eric's good switching to the wing I don't see why we wouldn't at least consider it, we need one more scoring depth piece up front IMO and it would be a hell of a redemption story.

Reactions: Daeavorn and Tryamw

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Feel free to call me delusional... but I just woke up and I had this beautiful dream. Edmonton sent a 1st, 3rd and Neal to Buffalo for Staal.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA

Oh, c'mon now. I think most Sabres fans are reasonable enough to know that we're not getting a 1st or Jarvis or Bean for E.Staal. We're getting Mr. Svechniknov. ;)

In all seriousness, he's yours for a 3rd and some sort of wild card prospect.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Oh, c'mon now. I think most Sabres fans are reasonable enough to know that we're not getting a 1st or Jarvis or Bean for E.Staal. We're getting Mr. Svechniknov. ;)

In all seriousness, he's yours for a 3rd and some sort of wild card prospect.

I personally don't think he's worth it. But everyone's talking about it on the news, so here I am. lol

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
If this does come to pass I'll approach it with an open mind but to me it seems like the baggage may make it more trouble than its worth. If its one of multiple moves I'd feel better about it. I dont know. In a vacuum hes still a solid player but I wonder if his relationship to the captain and coach might mess with what has been a very successful chemistry so far. If injuries start piling up though I guess that'll get messed with regardless. It'll be fascinating to watch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad