Post-Game Talk: Carolina at Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

DylanSensFan

BEESHIP: NBH
Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Looked as though Anderson played a crapper of a game for his 400th. That last goal was absolutely brutal. Try moving to the top of the crease man...

I just freaken wish we had some consistency. Brutal loss after a big win.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Looked as though Anderson played a crapper of a game for his 400th. That last goal was absolutely brutal. Try moving to the top of the crease man...

I just freaken wish we had some consistency. Brutal loss after a big win.

No, he didn't. It's already been discussed ad naseum. Both the second goal and the third goal took flukey deflections to find the net. Both were deflected by his own teammates.

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
No, he didn't. It's already been discussed ad naseum. Both the second goal and the third goal took flukey deflections to find the net. Both were deflected by his own teammates.

Whether or not that third goal was deflected, he was way back in his crease. He may have played a hell of a game... but that third goal was enough for us to lose out on 2 points. I really like Anderson and think we need to keep him, but if this same stuff happened to Lehner, people would be crapping themselves about how badly he played.

Pity Wiercioch deflected their second goal... it also looked like a really ridiculous role. I am just getting tired of all these let downs after brilliant games. Please hockey Gods, give us something.

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
ottawa needs to get a young top 6 forward who can help next year and for the future

I would too, but do I do it at the cost of picks? No! Ottawa doesn't have many to begin with, we don't have a 3rd or a 6th this year so id rather trade Michalek, Legwand, Condra and Methot to restock the cupboards.

Prince is waiting for his turn and that will happen sooner than later, Puempel too deserves a call. They can be those young top 6 wingers we need.

DylanSensFan

Aug 3, 2010
Calgary
Peumpel is another Hoffman, we need to give him more seasoning before we introduce him to the NHL. This season for certain and maybe even next. Prince as well.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Ottawa needs to sell this year and reload for future seasons, I'm tired of this acquire a top 6 forward talk, the way we are playing it won't happen.

Murray will admit at the end of the season he was disappointed like we all are. And he needs to focus on restocking the cupboards
This story is getting old. It's Murray's turn to move on. We need new blood to make it to the next step.

Will he fire Cameron too?

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
Peumpel is another Hoffman, we need to give him more seasoning before we introduce him to the NHL. This season for certain and maybe even next. Prince as well.

Prince doesn't need more seasoning, he's played in the AHL for 2.5 years and will be 23 in November. He needs a chance soon. Puempel yes can spend the full year in the AHL and part of next

Savitar

AKA Jose
Jan 15, 2013
This story is getting old. It's Murray's turn to move on. We need new blood to make it to the next step.

Will he fire Cameron too?

Sucks Murray isn't going anywhere until after the 2016 season when he will become an advisor. No GM should get to pick 5 coaches ever

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Well, we're going to have to start thinking about moving some bodies. When Smith and Neil are healthy (they should be getting there soon), we'll be over the limit, won't we?

We might have to simply move some bodies for picks or maybe a prospect or two. I'd be happy with that just to clear out a few bodies and make a bit of room to audition a Bingo kid down the stretch.

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
-too many bad penalties
-not finishing chances
-Carolina w/ 20 blocked shots
-bad defensive breakdowns leading to goals

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
Whether or not that third goal was deflected, he was way back in his crease. He may have played a hell of a game... but that third goal was enough for us to lose out on 2 points. I really like Anderson and think we need to keep him, but if this same stuff happened to Lehner, people would be crapping themselves about how badly he played.

Pity Wiercioch deflected their second goal... it also looked like a really ridiculous role. I am just getting tired of all these let downs after brilliant games. Please hockey Gods, give us something.

I think it's warranted for Anderson. He's consistently played amazing this year so he is always due for a bad one here and there, whether you think that 3rd goal was 'bad' or not.

Lehner, on the other hand, has been the complete opposite in the past 1-2 months.

Baby Ryan

Jan 6, 2014
Ottawa, ON
I would too, but do I do it at the cost of picks? No! Ottawa doesn't have many to begin with, we don't have a 3rd or a 6th this year so id rather trade Michalek, Legwand, Condra and Methotto restock the cupboards.

Prince is waiting for his turn and that will happen sooner than later, Puempel too deserves a call. They can be those young top 6 wingers we need.

Trading Methot is just going to make another hole to fill, and actually it would be a much bigger hole than the top six 'problem' we have.

bonehead

May 27, 2002
Visit site
Weird game, but I like this team:

- Carolina is horrible; other than their goalie, the only +ve player I noticed was Lindholm; Staals were invisible
- not sure what's wrong with Turris line; I like Chiasson but he's not able to create anything; I'm almost ready to put Lazar there for 5 games and see what happens
- I dislike Legwand less now and have accepted him as a (somewhat) useful/versatile 4th line veteran
- Karlsson was great and seems to be playing a much more complete game now
- Methot makes a huge difference
- Mika looked decent and used his size regularly (7 hits)
- Michalek looks to have an extra step now, was more involved in the play
- team isn't quick but no longer looks slow!
- hopeful Sens clear out several players who no longer fit (Phillips, Smith, Neil, ...)
- hopeful Prince gets 20 games during the rest of the season to see if he's ready
- curious to see if they keep Condra; useful/inexpensive 4th-liner but easy to overlook with everything else going on

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Weird game, but I like this team:

- Carolina is horrible; other than their goalie, the only +ve player I noticed was Lindholm; Staals were invisible
- not sure what's wrong with Turris line; I like Chiasson but he's not able to create anything; I'm almost ready to put Lazar there for 5 games and see what happens
- I dislike Legwand less now and have accepted him as a (somewhat) useful/versatile 4th line veteran
- Karlsson was great and seems to be playing a much more complete game now
- Methot makes a huge difference
- Mika looked decent and used his size regularly (7 hits)
- Michalek looks to have an extra step now, was more involved in the play
- team isn't quick but no longer looks slow!
- hopeful Sens clear out several players who no longer fit (Phillips, Smith, Neil, ...)
- hopeful Prince gets 20 games during the rest of the season to see if he's ready
- curious to see if they keep Condra; useful/inexpensive 4th-liner but easy to overlook with everything else going on

I wouldn't mind seeing that. Seems Turris is a bit light for doing any dirty work, and I'm not sure what's going on with mac. If Lazar can go in there and do a lot of digging in the corners, be the defensive conscious, and put himself in the right spot on the ice on a consistent basis on that line, it just might be the spark they need. it's not like we're making the playoffs this year, so might as well experiment bit.

Condra is definitely growing on me. Has hands of brick, but he makes things happen out there. And we do need forwards who are solid in the defensive zone.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Only thing I was disappointed with was the forecheck of Turris and MacArthur. They were a little soft at times. Overall, I thought we played a pretty good game and lost a game we deserved to win. Zibby must be wondering what teh hell it takes to get a point - he had some beautiful plays that we just couldn't finish.

Losing a game where we played well and got no puck luck... probably not a bad thing, as many have suggested.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad