Post-Game Talk: Carolina at Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
-The owner refuses to invest money on advertising to UFA posters.
-There is an ongoing issue with too much time-on-boards going to posters who are one-dimensional. For **** sakes we have aragorn in our top six!!
-The roster is aging too much.
-The mods refuse to make a trade. Look at these old posters hanging around here all these years. Surely we could package Bonk and Stefan along with our upcoming 2nd poster in June to get someone younger.
-The arena is older than the internet. The owner needs to invest in the place so we can more lurkers!
-Waive Benny and Vesa!!!!

Ill have you know my advanced emoticons are top notch. :dumbo:

Jan 19, 2006
Calgary
I've been shopping you for months now. The most I've been offered is a late 2nd from the Panthers board (which they acquired in a trade with Pittsburgh).

Let's face it, this board hasn't had a blockbuster deal since PatrickEaves (then AndrePetersson) pulled off that huge one that saw Mars Volchenkov get sent to Colorado's board. He got four first round picks, but squandered them all on "character" guys. Three of those guys have yet to make a single post!

Trade Success Rate: still better than Murray.

--

As for the loss of a good portion of the old crew, I can only speak for myself, I actually refuse to care about this team until the owner of the team shows he cares about this team being competitive.

Why should I put my time and attention into a team that refuses to actually put in the resources to try and be competitive, but that by trying to win the Stanley Cup, or putting in a full rebuild so that a future run at the Stanley Cup is possible. Not the stupid half measure, maybe we can squeak into the playoffs to lose in the first round if everything goes right because we refuse to spend any money on this team holding pattern we've been in for the last 4 years.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Totally disagree. He's actually solid defensively and has a great stick. I believe the offense will come if he gets any consistent playing time. He might have lost the puck battle with Gerbe (although I don't remember that), his weakness is overtly exaggerated.

Weir doesn't seem to be all that solid defensively to me. He had some offensive success in the AHL, but it looks like the NHL is still a bit too fast for him.

Either way, I do believe he's mostly just a fill-in for a while....not a part of the future.

Not going to lose any sleep over this kid.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Trade Success Rate: still better than Murray.

--

As for the loss of a good portion of the old crew, I can only speak for myself, I actually refuse to care about this team until the owner of the team shows he cares about this team being competitive.

Why should I put my time and attention into a team that refuses to actually put in the resources to try and be competitive, but that by trying to win the Stanley Cup, or putting in a full rebuild so that a future run at the Stanley Cup is possible. Not the stupid half measure, maybe we can squeak into the playoffs to lose in the first round if everything goes right because we refuse to spend any money on this team holding pattern we've been in for the last 4 years.
You got it all wrong. You were supposed to say the fanbase is negative and it is drawing reasonable (i.e., not negative) people away from the forum. :sarcasm:

I'll stop arguing about this point, because I'm sure it's getting repetitive, so let me just say this to conclude: I love the Sens and I LOVE THIS FORUM :heart: :heart:. I feel like we don't say this often enough, and if anything I see a lot of forum-bashing. I've become a better, more analytical, more observant, hockey watcher, and I owe it to this forum. This is a place to discuss the Sens, and I love seeing debates, be they pro- or anti-Melnyk, pro- or anti-Murray, pro- or anti-coach, pro- or anti-Phillips, or heck even pro- or anti-McArthur. Can we accept that opposite point of views have the right to exist, and can we accept to RESPECT them? Can we stop putting the ENTIRE fanbase or the entire forum into a single basket and bashing it systematically (remember, YOU are part of the fanbase too!)? Instead, can we all try to improve it by elevating our own level of discourse?

That's it, I will now get back to bashing Phillips. :D

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
You got it all wrong. You were supposed to say the fanbase is negative and it is drawing reasonable (i.e., not negative) people away from the forum. :sarcasm:

I'll stop arguing about this point, because I'm sure it's getting repetitive, so let me just say this to conclude: I love the Sens and I LOVE THIS FORUM :heart: :heart:. I feel like we don't say this often enough, and if anything I see a lot of forum-bashing. I've become a better, more analytical, more observant, hockey watcher, and I owe it to this forum. This is a place to discuss the Sens, and I love seeing debates, be they pro- or anti-Melnyk, pro- or anti-Murray, pro- or anti-coach, pro- or anti-Phillips, or heck even pro- or anti-McArthur. Can we accept that opposite point of views have the right to exist, and can we accept to RESPECT them? Can we stop putting the ENTIRE fanbase or the entire forum into a single basket and bashing it systematically (remember, YOU are part of the fanbase too!)? Instead, can we all try to improve it by elevating our own level of discourse?

I have enjoyed this forum very much. I've been ill of late and have had the opportunity to relax, sit back and learn about a lot of stats and have debates. I recommend reading the debate on anderson on the main board. I love that stuff. I was on the debate team in high school and had to argue for and against stupid things i didnt care about but still enjoyed it. Now i get to witness and participate in fun debates about hockey which i love. Also its harder to do in person for me because i'm regularly travelling and people usually dont care about hockey where i am.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
I have enjoyed this forum very much. I've been ill of late and have had the opportunity to relax, sit back and learn about a lot of stats and have debates. I recommend reading the debate on anderson on the main board. I love that stuff. I was on the debate team in high school and had to argue for and against stupid things i didnt care about but still enjoyed it. Now i get to witness and participate in fun debates about hockey which i love. Also its harder to do in person for me because i'm regularly travelling and people usually dont care about hockey where i am.
:cheers: Hope you feel better soon!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Ooosh. Im gonna pretend I didn't see that.

Are you suggesting the ENTIRE fanbase is crazy because ONE person suggested that McArthur should be traded?

They are just impatient... Turris and Mac are going to light it up after the all-star.

I have been a registered member for almost 7 years now and lurking a full 2 years before that, so almost a decade... For me, it's a lot of time so I know what I'm talking about. I know "how it goes" around here...

If MacArthur doesn't pick up his production, it won't be long before he turns into a scapegoat, particularly if the same happens in future seasons where his salary will be substantially higher.

I never said that MacArthur was majorly scapegoated NOW. I was surprised to see a sign of a future scapegoat earlier than I expected. And by the way, I have read a few other things suggesting that lately. My post was not to take literally, it was intended sarcasm

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, in fact that's what we have to do but unfortunately the problem lies in the way it's been done... I'm going to bring words to show you what really happens :

Hyperbole, paranoia, bashing, name calling, disrespect, disingenuosity, bias, dishonesty, all those shenanigans people use to push their agendas. Some people like a player and identifies another that seem to be a direct competitor? Bash the other to make their own love shine a little more. I'm fighting against all that because I wish for a more intelligent discussion. Maybe my expectations are too high? I dunno but what I know is that if a guy like Micklebot, Bonk, HATW, Stefan, HavlatMach, MoO, Bileur, Poutinespoonz, Halevilain, you IIRC, etc have an opposite opinion of mine on a subject, I have no problem with it because I don't see them using those shenanigans to push their argument. It's NOT a question of disagreements and it's NOT a question of being negative or positive. It's in the WAY PEOPLE DO IT. If I fight so much against it is that I want people to be more fair in their assessments and more respectful of players, coaches, GMs... Sure they make a lot of money but you can make a lot of money in life too, they are people, like you and me.

What encourages me though, is I have witnessed several posters being "bad" when they were noobs but they got a lot better with time.

... I know that feeling...

I'm lucky here, people in Mexico really love hockey :sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad