C. Ceci +1 19:49
Cowen +1 19:01
Wiercioch -3 14:54
Gryba -3 13:38

Ouch.

Neiler

Registered Loser
Jul 16, 2006
Last year's season was a train wreck, we were losing a ton, and yet a GDT against Tampa last January had almost 1000 posts.

These boards were super-active when we were losing last year. We've lost a LOT of regular posters.

Why is that?

-The owner refuses to invest money on advertising to UFA posters.
-There is an ongoing issue with too much time-on-boards going to posters who are one-dimensional. For **** sakes we have aragorn in our top six!!
-The roster is aging too much.
-The mods refuse to make a trade. Look at these old posters hanging around here all these years. Surely we could package Bonk and Stefan along with our upcoming 2nd poster in June to get someone younger.
-The arena is older than the internet. The owner needs to invest in the place so we can more lurkers!
-Waive Benny and Vesa!!!!

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
E. Karlsson +1 26:04
M. Methot +1 22:26
C. Ceci +1 19:49
Cowen +1 19:01
Wiercioch -3 14:54
Gryba -3 13:38

Ouch.

The first one is on them (esp Gryba) but the rest really had nothing to do with them playoing poorly. PW blocked a shot that changed direction after it hit the ice (otherwise it was going wide). Just rotten puck luck there. The third was a shot from outside that was well defended. Again, rotten puck luck.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
The first one is on them (esp Gryba) but the rest really had nothing to do with them playoing poorly. PW blocked a shot that changed direction after it hit the ice (otherwise it was going wide). Just rotten puck luck there. The third was a shot from outside that was well defended. Again, rotten puck luck.

Yeah, totally agree. I can't believe people are blaming PW on the last two goals.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Yeah, totally agree. I can't believe people are blaming PW on the last two goals.

The numbers look bad for Gryba and Weir but watching it i didn't feel thay played poorly at all. 3 pinball goals combined with insane bad luck on our end and that's all she wrote....on to the next keep developing the young guys and bring on the draft!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
The numbers look bad for Gryba and Weir but watching it i didn't feel thay played poorly at all. 3 pinball goals combined with insane bad luck on our end and that's all she wrote....on to the next keep developing the young guys and bring on the draft!

Well, Phillips is going in for Weir tomorrow night so it seems Cameron disagrees a little.

(just playing Devil's advocate. I was at the game and Weir had a decent game, but nothing special).

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007

That's why plus minus is a terrible stat to use if you don't look at the situation in it's entirety

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If Ottawa plays the second half of the season the same way they played against Carolina, we will make playoffs, easily at that.

Khudobin played like Tim Thomas in his prime. We hit 3 posts and they scored fluke goals. It was the ultimate recipe for a loss no matter who we were up against.

Its pretty hard to say that, Carolina is one of the worst teams in the NHL that was playing on the road in a back to back. Other teams are going to be far more difficult to play against. You cant use that game as a measuring stick.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Its pretty hard to say that, Carolina is one of the worst teams in the NHL that was playing on the road in a back to back. Other teams are going to be far more difficult to play against. You cant use that game as a measuring stick.

I think a better gage of where the team is at is on Tuesday.

Rangers are el fuego winning 13 of their last 15. They will be rested. So will the Sens. It's a critical must-win game for Ottawa. Lose and there is a less than 10% chance of making the playoffs. Regardless of how well they play.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
PW is so damn useless. I can't understand how anyone thinks he's nhl quality. The guy is totally useless without the puck, has generated very little offense this year and is so ******* soft at one point in the game on Thursday he got muscled off the puck by Gerbe.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina

Carolina imo played a very good transition and puck possession game as well yet we countered it beautifully. They didn't look like a bottom 5 team but we still outpowered them and should have won a blow-out.

I'm not only using that game as measuring stick but both this and Montreal game. Much stronger consistency, improvement and contribution through-out the lineup with fluid play.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
There are a couple HFSens posters that I work with and I know for a fact that most of us have stopped really caring about the success of the team because of the owner. Discussions that we have had constantly swirl around the obvious dishonesty that he reflects in his comments and how its difficult to watch a product that could be so much better. Not saying they are regular posters but I'm sure the personell have a huge role in the way the fanbase is reacting.

Its going to continue this way until there is some transparency in management actions and some direction. For those who believe our owner is a greedy liar then transparency in his financials and we could get behind a small market team based on circumstances but based on his previous comments I have a hard time believing we cant spend more than we are.

And for those who believe our owner or believe that we will spend more when the time is right (a sentiment I don't believe) then some direction would bring us back. Maybe start unloading contracts and bringing in youth. Trade someone like Neil or Phillips or McArthur, players that are valuable however have not contributed to a winning team. Blow the whole thing up and start from scratch.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
PW is so damn useless. I can't understand how anyone thinks he's nhl quality. The guy is totally useless without the puck, has generated very little offense this year and is so ******* soft at one point in the game on Thursday he got muscled off the puck by Gerbe.

Totally disagree. He's actually solid defensively and has a great stick. I believe the offense will come if he gets any consistent playing time. He might have lost the puck battle with Gerbe (although I don't remember that), his weakness is overtly exaggerated.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Carolina imo played a very good transition and puck possession game as well yet we countered it beautifully. They didn't look like a bottom 5 team but we still outpowered them and should have won a blow-out.

I'm not only using that game as measuring stick but both this and Montreal game. Much stronger consistency, improvement and contribution through-out the lineup with fluid play.

They gave up 4 breakaways in one game no they didn't play well.

The fact that Ottawa outpowered them is a pretty good indication they are a bad team.

I agree the team is playing better but I think you are misleading yourself into thinking that Carolina on a back to back on the road is some kind of good indicator about where the team is.

I think a better gage of where the team is at is on Tuesday.

Rangers are el fuego winning 13 of their last 15. They will be rested. So will the Sens. It's a critical must-win game for Ottawa. Lose and there is a less than 10% chance of making the playoffs. Regardless of how well they play.

I agree with this.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
There are a couple HFSens posters that I work with and I know for a fact that most of us have stopped really caring about the success of the team because of the owner. Discussions that we have had constantly swirl around the obvious dishonesty that he reflects in his comments and how its difficult to watch a product that could be so much better. Not saying they are regular posters but I'm sure the personell have a huge role in the way the fanbase is reacting.

Its going to continue this way until there is some transparency in management actions and some direction. For those who believe our owner is a greedy liar then transparency in his financials and we could get behind a small market team based on circumstances but based on his previous comments I have a hard time believing we cant spend more than we are.

And for those who believe our owner or believe that we will spend more when the time is right (a sentiment I don't believe) then some direction would bring us back. Maybe start unloading contracts and bringing in youth. Trade someone like Neil or Phillips or McArthur, players that are valuable however have not contributed to a winning team. Blow the whole thing up and start from scratch.

So you're saying we're going to lose all of: Methot, Zibanejad, Stone, Hoffman and Chiasson in the offseason because our owner can't or won't pay them to maintain some kind of charade about his finances being weak?

Also, how does the second youngest team in the league bring in more youth. Maybe we can get some 12 year olds to come play for us so that we can have a young enough profile for your liking.

Last edited by a moderator:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Totally disagree. He's actually solid defensively and has a great stick. I believe the offense will come if he gets any consistent playing time. He might have lost the puck battle with Gerbe (although I don't remember that), his weakness is overtly exaggerated.

I want to believe this but I don't think he has any compete level. He was so encouraging 3 years ago with his incredible patience and breakout passes but I just don't see a player that cares. He is so nonchalant all the time out there, he needs some intensity.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
-The owner refuses to invest money on advertising to UFA posters.
-There is an ongoing issue with too much time-on-boards going to posters who are one-dimensional. For **** sakes we have aragorn in our top six!!
-The roster is aging too much.
-The mods refuse to make a trade. Look at these old posters hanging around here all these years. Surely we could package Bonk and Stefan along with our upcoming 2nd poster in June to get someone younger.
-The arena is older than the internet. The owner needs to invest in the place so we can more lurkers!
-Waive Benny and Vesa!!!!

Wait..what???

I'm worth at least a late first round pick.

ChocolateLeclaire

Jan 12, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Wait..what???

I'm worth at least a late first round pick.

I've been shopping you for months now. The most I've been offered is a late 2nd from the Panthers board (which they acquired in a trade with Pittsburgh).

Let's face it, this board hasn't had a blockbuster deal since PatrickEaves (then AndrePetersson) pulled off that huge one that saw Mars Volchenkov get sent to Colorado's board. He got four first round picks, but squandered them all on "character" guys. Three of those guys have yet to make a single post!

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

So it begins?

Damn, it's about 2 years before I expected

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I want to believe this but I don't think he has any compete level. He was so encouraging 3 years ago with his incredible patience and breakout passes but I just don't see a player that cares. He is so nonchalant all the time out there, he needs some intensity.

That's the vibe he gives out. But I'm not sure whether he's nonchalant, or just slow...

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I don't know about you, but I plan to invoke the NMC that MartyStraka gave me when he signed my Mod contract. It's iron-clad until the 2017-18 season.

I dare them to try and trade me to HFOilers.

Breaking News:
BonkTastic has been traded to HFOilers for future considerations. Even though BonkTastic has a NMC, the mod ChocolateLeclaire has the power to override his NMC, which he chose to do.

Sorry Bonk, i guess its HfOilers for you. :(

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

There is such a thing as knowing when to block and when to get out of the way

It was a dumb block because Weircioch is one of the worst defensive players on the team: not only is he a slow skater, he's also got a very slow thought process

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad