GDT: carnjd

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
As discussed last night, I would be willing to bet it’s a point percentage-based standings since the season will end with everyone having a different amount of games.

Not a big fan of a wild card games for NHL playoffs as a full time idea. But if they do cancel the regular season and end up doing playoffs, I think a wild card game or two for the teams on the bubble would be fair for this instance.

Knowing the NHL like I do, I'd be willing to bet the playoffs get expanded to at least 24 teams, maybe all 31 (or 30 minus DET). The one thing I can't imagine is them using point percentage. It's just not the NHL way (see 2005 Draft Lottery). They take "fair" to it's very illogical extreme in situations like these.

3CanesInTheBox

Bunch of (Actual) Jerks
Sponsor
Feb 22, 2019
Chatmandu
My sister was miserable after they suspended basketball and now its my turn to be miserable.

i know its most likely the right thing and i want the players to be safe but man this sucks— with all the legitimate real world anxiety going around sports was a way to escape / cope.

but again hoping everyone stays healthy and safe— just venting here.

raynman

Jan 20, 2013
Knowing the NHL like I do, I'd be willing to bet the playoffs get expanded to at least 24 teams, maybe all 31 (or 30 minus DET). The one thing I can't imagine is them using point percentage. It's just not the NHL way (see 2005 Draft Lottery). They take "fair" to it's very illogical extreme in situations like these.
Expanding for this year would be so great. We’re quitting cold turkey, inject that shit straight into our veins so we OD on hockey when it starts up again.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
My friend got sued for some suspected crimes. The thing is, the police&co are knowingly trying to nail him for stuff they know he didn't do, but we've been going through the investigation material for a while now already plus we got some evidence they don't know we got that will kick the feet off from under their case. The prosecutor has a thing and two coming at her.

I'd like some Canes hockey but I'll be doing this then.

Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
subzero.gif

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I guess we can re-purpose this thread as the GDT for the Great Depression 2.0 and World War 3.
Apocalypse Now - plague, war, hunger and death

Lempo

Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Actually a radio host did a day back tell of news that a Komodo dragon in a zoo somewhere had had a litter of three that came to be by partenogenesis. Then he pointed out that there's the locusts aloof in biblical proportions in Africa etc. on top of the corona. The Messiah returning as Komodo dragon triplets would be something.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad