GDT: carnjd

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I mean you're looking at a month probably minimum...now you're talking hockey going into July (past the draft & free agency start). I think the only way they could conceivably do that (play out the season) is to shorten the Stanley Cup Playoffs to best-of-5 series AND on an accelerated schedule.
More likely is they figure out a way to shorten the remainder of the regular and keep playoffs the same. There is precedent (lockouts) for that at least.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
FWIW, by points % if the season ended today, it looks like the Canes would own picks #19 and #23. Barring Toronto making the ECF that would mean the Canes pick #19. Pretty good way for the chips to fall if it holds. A lot of talent in that range - Askarov, Quinn, Mysak, Zary, Mercer, Amirov, Holloway, Jarvis, etc.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
SAT for moar goals.

D please don't not be there.

Ah well. Prove me wronk.

cptjeff

Reprehensible User
Sep 18, 2008
Washington, DC.
I wonder, among thousands of other things, what this will mean for the career of one Justin Williams
I really hope he's back next year. Jagr credited his few years in the KHL with extending his NHL career by basically allowing him to let his body recover for a bit, I hope this season can do the same for Williams. He did say a few days ago that after the end of last season, he knew he didn't have a fully 82 game season in him, but thought he could do 40 or so, hence his decision. Maybe the light year allows him to get set for another full year or two.

Or maybe I'm just deluding myself.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Play chess... screw...

wargames-moranbondaroff-detroit-340x239.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad