GDT: carmin

dmonk

doughberle
Feb 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
Guys it's been so long since we've been good. I don't know what to do with my hands. What even is life right now?

You don't? Get yourself one of these.
th

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
The PK has been abysmal, even going back to the stretch run last season. Since February 15th, the Canes have killed off just 50 of the last 71 (70.4%.) The goaltending hasn't been there SH, but opposing PPs are moving the puck around the zone without much resistance from the PKers. There has to be some adjustment, right?

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
Seems like a huge mistake not having him on the PP. he's a master at secondary chances.

Playing a d-man 25 minutes a night is not the same thing. There's half the amount of d-men as forwards, so even your 6th d-man is going to play a lot.

No team regularly plays a guy 5 minutes a night like we're doing with Zykov and PDG. Maybe 10 years ago when you dressed an enforcer and double shifted another guy most of the other shifts but this isn't 10 years ago.

He doesn't warrant icetime. Guys that can do what he does and other stuff too.

He *should* be on the power play, IMO. He had success there in the preseason and at the end of last season. And our PP is struggling. Using Faulk and Williams on PP1 while Hamilton and Zykov can't get PP time is a mistake, IMO. There's no doubt in my mind that RBA is a great coach. Guys will go through a wall for him. But he's relying on veterans on special teams and it's hurting us.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Playing a d-man 25 minutes a night is not the same thing. There's half the amount of d-men as forwards, so even your 6th d-man is going to play a lot.

No team regularly plays a guy 5 minutes a night like we're doing with Zykov and PDG. Maybe 10 years ago when you dressed an enforcer and double shifted another guy most of the other shifts but this isn't 10 years ago.

I mean, we did have 36 minutes worth of penalties in this game, and Z doesn't play on either special team, so that makes a difference.

he should probably be on the PP though.

jaalru

Sep 16, 2018
Was gonna write pretty much the same thing even with regular time loss, but the fact that the 5v5 game was so dominating is the most promising sign. This was a different performance compared to Peters' corsi games.
Game was almost lost on special teams.

Goal tending was poor tonight, but there's nothing new about that. This team can win with mediocre and even sub par goalies. It looks like it'll be a long season in Minny.

+ PHI lost
+ WSH may lose
+ CBL lost
+ basically the whole metro lost. amazing.

dmonk

doughberle
Feb 13, 2007
Raleigh, NC
We are winning the ****ing Cup

It's happening

With that goaltending we are not. We can improve special teams, but we can't improve the goalies.

Also, it's a long season. Canes won't be able to play this uptempo at all times. There will be games when they need to play Pastor Bill's hockey. If god exists he must keep Aho healthy, or we screwed.

Bunch of Jurcos

The poster formally known as Hedley
Feb 24, 2016
Was gonna write pretty much the same thing even with regular time loss, but the fact that the 5v5 game was so dominating is the most promising sign. This was a different performance compared to Peters' corsi games.
Game was almost lost on special teams.

Goal tending was poor tonight, but there's nothing new about that. This team can win with mediocre and even sub par goalies. It looks like it'll be a long season in Minny.

+ PHI lost
+ WSH may lose
+ CBL lost
+ basically the whole metro lost. amazing.

The metro has been good to amazing for a long time and I don't think I've seen this many teams lose at one time since the division was formed.

My Special Purpose

Apr 8, 2008
With that goaltending we are not. We can improve special teams, but we can't improve the goalies.

Also, it's a long season. Canes won't be able to play this uptempo at all times. There will be games when they need to plate Pastor Bill's hockey. If god exists he must keep Aho healthy, or we screwed.

If I was a betting man, I'd put the farm on Winnipeg tomorrow. I don't see how the Canes can put together enough of an effort to make it work in that building as gassed as they must be.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $340.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bologna vs Udinese
    Bologna vs Udinese
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $365.00