GDT: carmin

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
...Or maybe it perpetuates the politically correct idea that white males are idiots, as an increasing amount of stories in entertainment conforms to this growing narrative which in turn contributes to greater resentment and tribalism with identity politics in western society? Did that escalate too much for HF :sarcasm::popcorn:

Btw, I'm not a reader of Waldo.

I completely failed to notice that there's the awkward ethnic angle in the play, which really turns the cartoon into a scathing progressive criticism of the societal perception, just or unjust, that a highly successful Latina woman would be considered at best to be on the same tier with a white male layabout.

But in the face of the politically correct message, the reader (viewer?) kind of can also feel a competing suggestion rising from the depths of his own id that gosh, that Waldo boy must be hung.

The game seem to have ended up ok I see.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Seb having made a seemingly effortless transition from winger to center has been noted in the Finnpress. Of Finns previously the move has been successfully made by Jari Kurri and Jussi Jokinen, while Mikael Granlund and Teuvo Teravainen are noted as players who found their limits and play in the wing currently.

For google translate goodness:

Kommentti: Tulikuuma Sebastian Aho hyppäsi NHL:n vaikeimmalle pelipaikalle leikitellen
Sebastian Aho huikeassa tehovireessä, ratkaisi ottelun ja kirjasi tehot 2+2

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
Dubynk with the .912 after allowing 5 goals. That is just a little funny. I was only able to watch part of the 1st, but they must have been throwing everything at him.

If they had any PP success this team would be even more dangerous. Brindy needs to be relieved of duty, if he in fact is still running that clown show.

I'm Mclovin these wins, though. Bring on WPG.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
I completely failed to notice that there's the awkward ethnic angle in the play, which really turns the cartoon into a scathing progressive criticism of the societal perception, just or unjust, that a highly successful Latina woman would be considered at best to be on the same tier with a white male layabout.

But in the face of the politically correct message, the reader (viewer?) kind of can also feel a competing suggestion rising from the depths of his own id that gosh, that Waldo boy must be hung.

The game seem to have ended up ok I see.
Lol. +1 man. I should clarify that by "I'm not a reader of Waldo," I mean I'm not familiar with it tbh.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
The logic can be hard to keep up with. Brindy ran the PP under BP, and it was awful. But Brindy was just an assistant mostly following what BP wanted. So it was BP's fault. Or if it's the assistant's fault, that means it's not Brindy's fault now. Unless the assistant is just doing what Brindy is telling him. So before it was BP's fault, and now it's Brindy's, or before it was Brindy's and now it's the assistant's, or it is always on Brindy.

Or we've almost always had issues with this.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Natural statrick had them down for 34 scoring chances, and 17 high danger chances. For comparison, wild had 17/5.

While watching it I felt like Dubnyk had a really good game keeping MIN in it. There were a lot of good shots he either made great saves on or made look easy with his anticipation. Tripp had a great breakdown of Williams's shot on a cross-ice pass that Dubnyk anticipated, got a good push over on, and was able to keep the glove low and make the save look easy on a good shot.

The Faulker 27

Nov 15, 2011
Sauna-Aho
The logic can be hard to keep up with. Brindy ran the PP under BP, and it was awful. But Brindy was just an assistant mostly following what BP wanted. So it was BP's fault. Or if it's the assistant's fault, that means it's not Brindy's fault now. Unless the assistant is just doing what Brindy is telling him. So before it was BP's fault, and now it's Brindy's, or before it was Brindy's and now it's the assistant's, or it is always on Brindy.

Or we've almost always had issues with this.

So we blame, who?

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
It’s harder to dominate a PP with hustle like the Canes have during Even Strength because the other team doesn’t have much pressure when they get a chance other than to legally ice the puck. It’s a simpler defense to a simpler, volume offense.

For whatever reason Aho has seemed like the passenger on the #1 unit which is crazy. He needs to be the focal point. Staal doesn’t have the talent to distribute and score. Faulk’s shot selection has become totally ineffective. The entire 2nd unit is like five thumbs on a hand and can’t get anything going, partly because Necas can’t go any speed other than 100 mph and partly because it seems like all of Ferland, Necas, and Svech are just happy to be there (passing and cycling with mild efficiency) and their only play is to cycle the puck Forward-Slavin-Hamilton-shoot (because Hamilton ain’t passing).

I’d go with wholesale PP changes. Faulk and Hamilton on one unit at least gives a shooter at each point. If Staal has to be out there then just play Faulk-Hamilton-Staal-Williams-Foegele. Load the 2nd unit with Slavin-Aho-TT-Ferland-Svech.

Last edited:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
It’s harder to dominate a PP with hustle like the Canes have during Even Strength because the other team doesn’t have much pressure when they get a chance other than to legally ice the puck. It’s a simpler defense to a simpler, volume offense.

For whatever reason Aho has seemed like the passenger on the #1 unit which is crazy. He needs to be the focal point. Staal doesn’t have the talent to distribute and score. Faulk’s shot selection has become totally ineffective. The entire 2nd unit is like five thumbs on a hand and can’t get anything going, partly because Necas can’t go any speed other than 100 mph and partly because it seems like all of Ferland, Necas, and Svech are just happy to be there (passing and cycling with mild efficiency) and their only play is to cycle the puck Forward-Slavin-Hamilton-shoot (because Hamilton ain’t passing).

I’d go with wholesale PP changes. Faulk and Hamilton on one unit at least gives a shooter at each point. If Staal has to be out there then just play Faulk-Hamilton-Staal-Williams-Foegele. Load the 2nd unit with Slavin-Aho-TT-Ferland-Svech.

Yeah it took almost 1/2 of the 5on3 before Ahot got to touch the puck.

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
As Scott Darling recovers from injury, the Canes newest goalie gets two wins in two starts

By Chip Alexander
[email protected]
October 12, 2018 03:51 PM
Updated October 13, 2018 12:23 PM

The Canes, with McElhinney in net, took a 3-1 road win over the Columbus Blue Jackets that was Brind’Amour’s first as a head coach. Getting a second start Tuesday against the Vancouver Canucks, he earned a second victory with 22 saves in a 5-3 win that improved the Canes’ record to 3-0-1.
McElhinney is used to change. The Canes are his seventh NHL team -- he has been traded three times and claimed off waivers three times since first coming into the NHL in 2007-08.
McElhinnney said his physical conditioning at 35 might be better than at 25. He’s listed at 6-2 and 203 pounds but appears bigger and broader when he’s in net, and he plays a calm, composed game that matches his off-ice demeanor.
McElhinney’s numbers last year as a backup with the Leafs were impressive: an 11-5-1 record, 2.15 goals-against average and .934 save percentage. Once on waivers, he realized some team might snatch him.
The Canes begin a three-game trip Saturday with a game against the Minnesota Wild, and Brind’Amour said McElhinney would get the start as his story continues to unfold.
McElhinney said he hopes to have the family down to visit in Raleigh after the Canes return.
“It is what it is, kind of like a temporary situation,” he said. “I don’t really know what the future holds.”
“We knew what we’d get,” Canes coach Rod Brind’Amour said Thursday. “You can’t play that position as long as he has without him knowing what he’s doing, and there’s a reason teams want him around.
“He’s come in here and done everything we’ve asked him to do, and then some.”
As Scott Darling recovers from injury, the Canes newest goalie gets two wins in two starts

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad