GDT: carmin

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
H7cBzlKg_bigger.jpg
Michael Smith‏ @MSmithCanes 41m41 minutes ago

@JustinWilliams:
"It's just an attitude, an attitude that we're never out of it and we can get it done."
35-20e3.png
takeaways from the
#Canes 5-4 OT win over the Wild:
https://www.nhl.com/hurricanes/news/recap-sebastian-aho-canes-top-wild-in-ot/c-300919684 …

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
If I was a betting man, I'd put the farm on Winnipeg tomorrow. I don't see how the Canes can put together enough of an effort to make it work in that building as gassed as they must be.

If this team beats Winnipeg and starts 5-0-1 i'm buying first round playoff tickets monday

The Jets are gonna be a tough team to play against. On a back to back, and on the road to boot. Gonna be interesting to see how we do.

They talked about this last year when the Wild and the Jets were playing each other in the playoffs. There were something like 8 or 9 back to backs played by other teams visiting their two barns and those teams went something like 1-8 or 0-9 in the second game.

If we get a point tomorrow I will be thrilled.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I like reading through threads like this after the game. Lots of comments that age poorly in fun comebacks like this.

I think Faulk has been okay this year, but he's one of the whipping boys.

There's still a whole lot to clean up, but can't argue with not playing perfect games but still finding ways to consistently win.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
Looking at some league stats, even with our D, special teams, and goalies having questionable moments, we are not in that bad of a position compared to the rest of the league in goals against per game with the high scoring league start. We just need to hope that whatever correction down there is, which there always is, is about even for us as it is for everyone else. And that's without our presumed starter for better or worse.

SaskCanesFan

Feb 27, 2015
I mean, maybe? Or maybe he's just an AHL Superstar.

It's definitely possible. But he looked good net front last year and in the preseason, and the PP sucks out loud, so I don't see why he shouldn't get a chance.

I also love Faulk and Hamilton out there together. They did that once this game and it was the best look the team had by far. Another thing that worked in the preseason then got scrapped because... Reasons?

Put Aho, TT, Zykov, Faulk and Hamilton out together for a while

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
Aside from those bad turnovers against the Islanders and that one PK shift last night, Faulk has been very quiet defending. His step-ups have been timely and he's recovering better than he has in recent years. Faulk is off to a very good start on both sides of the puck, imo.

Aho is off to the most productive start for a Carolina forward post lockout (10 points in 5 games.) That includes 2005-2006 E. Staal (8 points in 5 games.)

VAcaniac

SHOOT THE PUCK
Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles
Aside from those bad turnovers against the Islanders and that one PK shift last night, Faulk has been very quiet defending. His step-ups have been timely and he's recovering better than he has in recent years. Faulk is off to a very good start on both sides of the puck, imo.

Aho is off to the most productive start for a Carolina forward post lockout (10 points in 5 games.) That includes 2005-2006 E. Staal (8 points in 5 games.)

And scoring for the wrong team whatever game?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->