Carlyle fired, Murray to assume HC position

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
Goes to show that it is pityful how you can still try to come up with excuses for Carlyle time and again, when the whole world has long since figured out he's a fossil that never should have been kept around in the NHL for half a decade in the first place.
I blamed them both buts its pitiful how you can blame solely Carlyle and not the architect of this team
And Carlyle was the franchises most successful coach and that is not a debate

pbgoalie

Aug 8, 2010
Screams cheap......
Samuelis probably told BM they were not hiring another coach while randy was under contract.

So coming into one of the most important trade deadlines we have faced, our GM now has put WAY more on his plate.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
I blamed them both buts its pitiful how you can blame solely Carlyle and not the architect of this team
Do you also think Steve Kerr is the best coach of all time?

duckaroosky

So sayeth Duckthulu
May 26, 2009
Long Beach, Ca
I convinced myself this wasn't ever going to happen so not sure how to act...

6SWf6Y0.gif

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
Carlyle has also coached the 3 longest losing streaks in franchise history, and that is not a debate.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
All this shows is what we already knew, that Carlyle was gifted one of the best rosters of all time in 2007 but is a terrible coach and always has been

That's not right, he was pretty much a perfect fit for what that roster was and absolutely contributed. He's just a guy whose message can quickly wear thin(especially nowadays) and some of his tactics just don't work as well as they used to. Nothing wrong with that.

Reactions: Dirk316

Trojans86

Dec 30, 2015
I bet Getzlaf and Perry orchestrated this whole thing and when they asked to fire RC Bob said they didnt have a replacement yet and they wanted to let the kids develop in SD with Eakins. Getz and Perry probably just said they would be fine running things with the Assistants and putting Bob on the bench is a formality and allows Bob to assess how to handle the rebuild.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I think BM taking over is all about getting a first hand look at his players so he can decide who needs to go. This may actually help him on TDL.

Reactions: Masch78

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
BM will age 5 years from this short coaching stint

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I think something was up with Carlyle. This 2 month skid was either player mutiny or something wrong with Carlyle. There's no way he just forgot how to coach for 2 months. I wish him the best.

he never knew how to coach

RC sucks the life out of his players and should have been fired after last year's sweep against SJ

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
I think something was up with Carlyle. This 2 month skid was either player mutiny or something wrong with Carlyle. There's no way he just forgot how to coach for 2 months. I wish him the best.

Agreed. It had to be done and I'm glad he's gone, but I'm willing to leave it at that.

Good luck out there, RC.

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Why wasn’t this done in the summer? Why wasn’t this done in December? Why wasn’t this done during the All star break?

Like LeBrun tweeted, Bob had hoped to ride it out until next offseason, but this 21 game stretch was too much even for him.

Whether Bob was right in that assessment to begin with, that's another discussion entirely.

JohnnyDrama

Oct 4, 2017
That's not right, he was pretty much a perfect fit for what that roster was and absolutely contributed. He's just a guy whose message can quickly wear thin(especially nowadays) and some of his tactics just don't work as well as they used to. Nothing wrong with that.
Yea you could definitely say he was better suited for the game back then but I just don’t agree he’s a good coach, his teams get consistently outshot, out-chanced, outpossessed, etc

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad