Carlyle fired, Murray to assume HC position

Opak

Nov 28, 2014
Talk about plot twists that you don't see coming. What the **** is going on?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Lol

But this might mean that we dont have money for another coach? Is it even possible?

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
LOL @ murray coaching the team. i mean yeah he's just the interim but they really couldn't just promote one of the assistants?

the thought of murray coaching the team is hilarious. its almost like they're actually trying to become the laughingstock of the NHL

but let's just rejoice at the fact that RC is finally gone. low key bummed out they fired him now and not after the next home game. i was hoping there would be fire RC chants

snarktacular

Aug 2, 2005
BM can’t coach, but neither could RC

This is three things :
1 - no coaches available on the market right now and leave San Diego alone
2- too cheap to pay two coaches
3 - Murray gets to watch the players in person and see who isn't trying. Don't try, get traded.

This leads a lot of credence to a few theories, like Bob not wanting to mess up San Diego being a factor(well Dregs confirmed that) and that paying two coaches was a factor.

Kind of glad Bob's the interim coach as I was always afraid of an interim coach catching fire and possibly keeping the job. Won't happen now, and will definitely be interesting to watch.

Yeah my mind went the same way about San Diego. Less so about the "pay two coaches." That only matters if Carlyle doesn't get a job elsewhere (lol) or if there were even someone available to pay.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
This goes to show all along this was not the type of team Carlyle wanted and was forced to ice.

Goes to show that it is pityful how you can still try to come up with excuses for Carlyle time and again, when the whole world has long since figured out he's a fossil that never should have been kept around in the NHL for half a decade in the first place.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
“We’re going to play with 6 skaters and no goalie the rest of the way, I have high hopes that we will win every game the rest of the season.”

GM/Coach Bob Murray

GreatBear

Feb 18, 2009
Newport Beach
Something had to be done, if only to appease the fans. The play of the team on this last road trip was a disgrace. I have never seen a team play and lose so badly for a five game stretch. Despite what they may have said, the players had given up on RC.

I don't expect a major turn around, but it should cause the players to perk up a bit. The team was so psychologically beaten down playing for RC that simply removing him will generate more effort. I am not worried that BM has not coached before. He will, at least, set a new tone in the locker room, while letting the assistant coaches do much of the actual coaching work with the players.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The GM taking over isn't that weird, Lou's done it a couple times(even coached in the playoffs) and years ago a full time dual role wasn't that uncommon. More old school than anything, I guess, but nothing that has me really worried.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Any word on that front office position? Or is he quietly shelving that plan until the summer where he can slide him back into the fold quietly.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
The GM taking over isn't that weird, Lou's done it a couple times(even coached in the playoffs) and years ago a full time dual role wasn't that uncommon. More old school than anything, I guess, but nothing that has me really worried.
It's just really funny because hes never coached, and he's never really been in the spotlight. Now we will get daily quotes.

Reactions: Getzmonster

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Any word on that front office position? Or is he quietly shelving that plan until the summer where he can slide him back into the fold quietly.
Yes, they won't do that now everyone hates Carlyle.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad